pictures below, please let me know what you think
because i\'m debating whether it looks good or rice myself,
but since it\'s pretty cheap, it\'s worth a try,

ps. sorry for the dirty car.. lol

3sWhite

3sWhite
01-23-2005, 11:05 PM
LED mirror + HID on + stock fog

(oh.. forgot to mention how much fun i had trying to catch the right moment when it flashes >.< )

3sWhite
01-23-2005, 11:06 PM
just the emergency lights

3sWhite
01-23-2005, 11:07 PM
side shot when it blinks

3sWhite
01-23-2005, 11:07 PM
side shot without blink

keving
01-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Um... I can\'t see the pics, what should I do?

al01
01-23-2005, 11:30 PM
damn.. i like it :( too bad no money..

it looks nice on white ... damn so addicting lol.. well saving up for a new cell phone

btw is it always on or just signals?

///M
01-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Very nice. Did you get it painted? I thought the Ebay ones only come in chrome.

majic
01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by keving

Um... I can\'t see the pics, what should I do?

you need to download the attachments..

al01
01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
i believe u bought this one??

its white

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4521314882&catego ry=42611

majic
01-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by autoexe

Very nice. Did you get it painted? I thought the Ebay ones only come in chrome.

that\'s what i thought too and i checked ebay and they have both white and chrome..

they look ok.. better than chrome IMO.. it would be nicer if the colour matched side markers or parking lights.

how much 50USD? how was the install? i THINK that LED mirrors should be left to the \'luxury\' segment of the market.. but i\'ve seen them on some crappy ass vans (on the MIRRORED side.. wtf? just a distraction) I say keep it if you can\'t see the light from where you sit.

3sWhite
01-23-2005, 11:58 PM
al01 - the lights are tap to the side marker so it\'s NOT always on, just basically whenever the side marker blink so will it, like turn signal or emergency or on/off from remote

autoexe / majic - yes, i bought those ones from ebay and the price is around 50USD, i forgot..
i have to say though, the white is not a perfect perfect match from what i can see, may be it\'s just that my car is so damn dirty?

as for the color.. they actually match up pretty well with the side marker, i have no problem with the color, the turn signal you see in my headlight are not stock, they\'re the silver vision bulb (i hate how the stock orange makes the housing orange even when it\'s not on? it\'s probably not worth the effort or money, but i couldn\'t stand it.. ;) )

the install was okay, way easier than my door sills....

majic - your point regarding \"luxury\" segment is completely my argument for look good vs rice, i know how it\'s basically mercedes, TSX etc etc have them and i absolutely don\'t want to be like a civic with them but i guess my bottom line is if JDM Axela has it as an option, it\'s \"okay\" for our 3 then?

///M
01-24-2005, 12:02 AM
^ Philips SilverVision actually comes in a size to fit our cars? I thought they didn\'t fit any cars in the North American market.

Where did you buy them and what size did you get?

3sWhite
01-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

^ Philips SilverVision actually comes in a size to fit our cars? I thought they didn\'t fit any cars in the North American market.

Where did you buy them and what size did you get?

hi autoexe - my bad, i got this for several months and i just double checked, i meant to say silver xtreme from vision bulb, sorry if i mis-lead you, thanks

midnightfxgt
01-24-2005, 08:40 AM
VERY nice! I love that look, and have been thinking about getting a set for my car. Can you show some more detailed pics of the fit and quality? Also, how hard was the wiring?

~JOHN

bubba1983
01-24-2005, 09:00 AM
i also have been wanting a set of these...i have seen a few colors out there..havn\'t coem across a ti-grey one yet tho....

MazdaTree
01-24-2005, 10:26 AM
looks real good

3sWhite
01-24-2005, 04:09 PM
thanks guys, that\'ll give me more reasons to leave them on for now.

midnightfxgt - i\'ll try to get more detailed pic but i was kind of waiting for a better day to make a full car wash to see? (will this day ever come??)

fit and quality are okay, i wouldn\'t say they\'re perfect to be honest with you, but then again, like i said before, for $50usd painted i guess i can\'t complain too much?

as for the wiring, this is nothing compare to the door sills, as simple as tapping into the side marker from the side panel (i\'m no electrical guy, but i think everybody can do it) the only thing i\'m not so sure is how the wires should go, for the moment, i have about a 3cm long of exposed wires, but it\'s really hardly noticeable and i think i can do something about it later

3sWhite

triplezoom
01-24-2005, 07:06 PM
I did some browsing on ebay and found that they come in chrome, strato blue, white, and silver. But does anyone know if they come in TIgrey? :(

al01
01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
there is steel grey

Grey led signal lights (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42611&item=4522209 921&sspagename=rvi%3A1%3A1v_home)

http://69.36.72.119/pictures/2/DSC08814.jpg

triplezoom
01-24-2005, 07:35 PM
:hoho oooooooooooooooo. Do you think the shades of grey are the same?? I think i might consider them.

al01
01-24-2005, 07:36 PM
i think so :p

i want the blue one!!!! but hv no money right now..

bubba1983
01-24-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah, i am skeptic about teh steel grey tho..hmmm

skinneejay
01-24-2005, 11:09 PM
I love the LED mirrors. I just ordered the Steel grey set myself. I\'m a bit scared that they will not match my ti grey color but, After reading the ebay description some more the seller states it matches the mazda3s color number 99. I am pretty sure the ti greys number is 99. I thought that my touch up paint had 99 on the bottle top. I am hoping the color is pretty close. I will post pics when I receive my mirrors for people who are looking into them.

al01
01-24-2005, 11:59 PM
tooo bad theres no winning blue :(

///M
01-25-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by skinneejay

I love the LED mirrors. I just ordered the Steel grey set myself. I\'m a bit scared that they will not match my ti grey color but, After reading the ebay description some more the seller states it matches the mazda3s color number 99. I am pretty sure the ti greys number is 99. I thought that my touch up paint had 99 on the bottle top. I am hoping the color is pretty close. I will post pics when I receive my mirrors for people who are looking into them.

TGM is 29Y

bubba1983
01-25-2005, 02:45 AM

keep up posted..ull be the guinea pig for the TI grey owners...thanks!

skinneejay
01-26-2005, 09:25 AM
hey no problem. I should receive them within a week or a week and a half. I do have a question for 3sWhite. Are they bright enough were you could see them durning the day? Also could you give me a little explaination as to how exactly you ran your wires. Maybe a picture or two. Thank you.;)

3sWhite
01-26-2005, 10:43 AM
hey no problem. I should receive them within a week or a week and a half. I do have a question for 3sWhite. Are they bright enough were you could see them durning the day? Also could you give me a little explaination as to how exactly you ran your wires. Maybe a picture or two. Thank you.;)

hi skinneejay, wish u luck on the color thing, as i said, mine was a bit off, but i can live with that or may be it\'s just that i couldn\'t see clearly cause my car is so dirty.

i have realized that the LED is not as \"bright\" during the day, it IS visible, but i don\'t think it\'s as bright as the likes of TSX etc, anybody else who see my car may comment more on this since i\'m inside the car most of the time .. :p

i didn\'t take any picture when i installed mine cause i was figuring it out as i go, but like i said, if you can install door sills, this is nothing..and trust me, i don\'t have a perfect installation for this but i\'d say a few brief step of what i did:

- clean your mirror, of course...
- pop the tweeter (speaker) out
- unscrew the 3 screws there (now you have the whole mirror pop out including the black triangle thing)
- take your time to properly stick the cover on (i made a minor boo boo)
- run your wires the best way you can, i just run it through the gaps and hide it under the triangle part, i know ideally, it should go through but i don\'t feel like taking apart the mirror yet, may be i\'ll do that later
- run the wires along the black rubber strip thing until you get to the main black cord and run along that to the fender, again, i know ideally, we should strip out the door panel and let it run through the panel, but i don\'t think i\'m going to do that just for this :sarc
- pop your side marker out
- fish the wires out to the side marker hole (use a stick to fish! otherwise, if you just use fingers it\'s as much fun as installing turn signal >.<)
- as simple as tab into the wires to the side marker\'s wires
- put everything things back together

let me say once again that i know my steps may not be perfect to some, but given my limited knowledge, this is as best as i can do for now and a solution that i\'d rather live with than like ripping the whole panel apart, i think it works for me and hopefully it\'ll help you as well, I\'ll try to take some pictures later this week

3sWhite

skinneejay
01-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Thank you for the quick write up. I did download the PDF file I found on the Mazda3forum board for installing the OEM Japan Covers. Its says you should drill into the mirror. I will not be doing that. :D . I think I will try the way you described. Thank you again. Pics will be forth coming once i receive them. Install might have to wait a couple of weeks until this weather clears up. No garage for me.:(

MAZDA Kitten
01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
In all of honesty are they really necessary? The main point of them is be like the side fender markers which we have anyways. 2004+ VW Passats and Beetles started to put the signal indicators on the mirror as well however they stopped putting them on the fender. Just my 2cents

midnightfxgt
01-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Are they neccessary? no.

But neither are: body kits, rims, HID lights, Painting of anything interior or under hood, exhausts, springs... etc:D

They just look cool!:)

~JOHN

3sWhite
01-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten
In all of honesty are they really necessary? The main point of them is be like the side fender markers which we have anyways. 2004+ VW Passats and Beetles started to put the signal indicators on the mirror as well however they stopped putting them on the fender. Just my 2cents

Hi Mazda Kitten, good point and i actually thought of that too, that\'s why i\'d like to find if people think this thing good or it\'s completely useless and rice, keep the comments coming.

John has a point too, we don\'t need all these other stuffs.. lol

so my point for getting this has come down to ... if JDM has it, then i suppose it\'s okay?
(which i believe Axela has the option? correct me if i\'m wrong?)

one thing i\'m starting to find though, for those of you who has HID, mirror LED actually as \"some\" purpose because i find it \"somewhat\" hard to see the turn signal when the HID is on since HID can get pretty bright at times? :)

thanks,

3sWhite

bubba1983
02-04-2005, 03:25 AM
Whe cares what other people on a board sais..u do it cause u like it!!

skinneejay
02-04-2005, 11:16 AM
I should have the steel grey mirror caps today. I will post pics as soon as i can. This way you guys can see how close in color they match. If only the post office would have just left them at my door yesterday we could of had pics last night..:p

skinneejay
02-04-2005, 06:38 PM
ok here are the pics. I can say that the color is off. darker then our color. The build of these mirror caps are great.
I think what I might do is just bring them to a local body shop
and have them painted the correct color. I guess I could always sell them on ebay. :p
http://mazda3forums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14315/normal_Feb04_004.jpg
http://mazda3forums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14315/normal_Feb04_003.jpg
http://mazda3forums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14315/normal_Feb04_002.jpg

bubba1983
02-06-2005, 07:34 AM
hmmm, nothin\' a lil body shop can\'t fix!

-RJ3-
02-16-2005, 09:07 PM

ok here are the pics. I can say that the color is off. darker then our color. The build of these mirror caps are great.
I think what I might do is just bring them to a local body shop
and have them painted the correct color. I guess I could always sell them on ebay. :p
http://mazda3forums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14315/normal_Feb04_004.jpg
http://mazda3forums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14315/normal_Feb04_003.jpg
http://mazda3forums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14315/normal_Feb04_002.jpg

Hey MAN!!!! I like that off colour, it blends with your mirror pillars.

Unless the picture colour is off I like it!!!

miggiddy
02-17-2005, 04:47 PM
3sWhite - They look awesome in white. I don\'t think they look rice at all.

FLIPDADY
02-18-2005, 09:09 AM
A lot of higher end cars have the LED mirrors. So it adds a nice touch to the 3 and isn\'t rice at all.
Now if you put M3 style mirrors then that\'s rice.

skinneejay
02-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by -RJ3-

Hey MAN!!!! I like that off colour, it blends with your mirror pillars.

Unless the picture colour is off I like it!!!

Hey the colors are correct. That\'s what I thought at first. I said hey they blend in nicely. I have a feeling though they will bug me every time i look at it. just knowing its not the same color as the car?:D I think i am just going to paint them.

skinneejay
03-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 3sWhite

Hi guys,

pictures below, please let me know what you think
because i\'m debating whether it looks good or rice myself,
but since it\'s pretty cheap, it\'s worth a try,

3sWhite
Hey I was just curious as to how the lights have been handling up? I have yet to install them .Its been to cold for me to get out. Can you just let me know .Thanks

SwooshICE
03-03-2005, 04:56 PM
hehe it\'d be nice if you can post some pics while you install :)

i m thinking of gettting myself one of thesebut im and a COMPLETE DUMBASS in electronics :p

3sWhite
03-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey I was just curious as to how the lights have been handling up? I have yet to install them .Its been to cold for me to get out. Can you just let me know .Thanks

Hi Skinneejay,
well, where do i start? humm.. honestly:
- i can hardly realize the color difference anymore, may be cause it\'s white or it\'s just winter-dirty, i don\'t find this an issue anymore, (it may be for t-grey?? i\'m not sure)
- the 3M double sided tape that came with it is STRONG! i knew this wouldn\'t be a problem since my door sills used the same tape and it\'s still holding on tight after 6 months and the winter (sign)
- i have to say though, during the day, i find it hard to see the LEDs, again, may be it\'s the contrast to the car (may work better on a black?) but I still believe the LEDs are not as bright as the likes of TSXs in general
- however, it is nice to see at nights, especially when you walk up and unlock the car that it blinks with the other signal lights
- my installation held up okay, trust me, i\'m not a good DIY-er, but i meant to have all the steps reversable easily (ie. i haven\'t drill holes to the stock cover and i haven\'t even rip the door panel, all i did was pop the tweeter and the mirror itself, down side to this is that i have about 3cm of exposed wires but you really can\'t see it and it doesn\'t bother me)

is there any specific questions i can answer you? I guess overall, i\'m very happy with it considering its price and like i said.. i can take it out anytime and it\'s easy to find a replacement if it ever fail?

have anybody else seen it? i really have no clue how it looks on the road since i\'m inside :sarc

thanks,

3sWhite

skinneejay
03-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. You answered everything. Thank you again. I just wanted to make sure its worth me getting my mirrors painted to match. You seem very happy and thats all i wanted to know. So hopefully by the end of the month i can install mine. I pray for warmer weather. I will post pics for the person who asked when i install.

SwooshICE
03-11-2005, 01:17 AM
thanks!! :)

skinneejay
04-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Sorry its been so long. I have an update. I actually got the mirrors painted. But then at work I stumbled along a dealer in Taiwan who was selling JDM side turn signal mirrors with 16 LEDS in them. I was thinking to myself \" wow, would I rather have 6 leds or 16 led mirrors that look exactly like the OEM ones\" Well the choice was simple. I told him to put a pair up on ebay and I would buy them. So i did.
here is a picture of the new mirrors

http://mazda3forums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14315/signal%20mirror.jpg
http://mazda3forums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14315/signal%20mirror1.jpg

Hopefully i should have them in head by next week. I still will take pics and do I write up if someone needs one. Doesn\'t it always work out when you think you found something perfect. something better comes along..lol
On a side note. I am selling the original pair I bought that are painted for a
TiTitium grey 3. If anyone is interseted let me know. They work great. I just wanted something more like the OEM mirrors.[img][img][img]

triplezoom
04-13-2005, 07:58 PM
wow, it looks awesome. how much did you drop for them?

SoopaBanana
04-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey I wouldn\'t mind getting those... They look sweet!!

skinneejay
04-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by triplezoom

wow, it looks awesome. how much did you drop for them?

Even though it pains me to say. I dropped $150. The price includes shipping from Taiwan. So I guess all in all that\'s not bad. Becuase if you wanted to order the OEM ones they would cost about 325. So I think i did well..:)

skinneejay
04-18-2005, 07:04 PM
In case anyone else wanted a pair the guy put another set on ebay.
here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33717&item=7968418 697&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Shipping only took 5 days from Hong Kong. Great shippment. I will test them out this week and keep you guys posted if you want.

3sWhite
04-19-2005, 09:44 AM
In case anyone else wanted a pair the guy put another set on ebay.
here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33717&item=7968418 697&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Shipping only took 5 days from Hong Kong. Great shippment. I will test them out this week and keep you guys posted if you want.

Hey skinneejay,

nice work on the new mirror cap, i saw those on their website couple months after i installed mine :( it is a better choice and i can\'t agree you more on getting those instead.

Question for you though which may be helpful for others, will the seller have different colors like the previous ones or they come unpainted? Please let me know how you\'re planning to install them as well, from the DIY of the site, i saw them drill holes to the existing stock cap which i\'m not so sure on, thanks and good luck

3sWhite

skinneejay
04-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 3sWhite

Hey skinneejay,

nice work on the new mirror cap, i saw those on their website couple months after i installed mine :( it is a better choice and i can\'t agree you more on getting those instead.

Question for you though which may be helpful for others, will the seller have different colors like the previous ones or they come unpainted? Please let me know how you\'re planning to install them as well, from the DIY of the site, i saw them drill holes to the existing stock cap which i\'m not so sure on, thanks and good luck

3sWhite

Hey here is the quick break down. The seller will not have any colors. The mirrors come unpainted. you must get them painted. I plan on installing them the same way you installed yours. But I might go through the door panel. I think taking off the door panel will help with the install. Also this way I can sound deaden the door in the process. I can kill two birds with one stone. :) I will not be drilling at all.:D. I will take some pics tonight and post them. You must assembly the mirrors when you get them. The LED part is not on the mirror. I will show you what I mean when I post the pics.

3sWhite
04-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Hey here is the quick break down. The seller will not have any colors. The mirrors come unpainted. you must get them painted. I plan on installing them the same way you installed yours. But I might go through the door panel. I think taking off the door panel will help with the install. Also this way I can sound deaden the door in the process. I can kill two birds with one stone. :) I will not be drilling at all.:D. I will take some pics tonight and post them. You must assembly the mirrors when you get them. The LED part is not on the mirror. I will show you what I mean when I post the pics.

sounds like a good plan to me, good luck and enjoy while i get jealous here :p