PDA

View Full Version : Petro \The Works\ wash

jon_jai
01-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok so i\'ve been to the petro car wash a couple of times. Everytime i came out of the machine, my rear window is NEVER clean because of the spoiler. Is there any other car wash that can wash my rear window??
also, my front bumper is NEVER clean after the wash.

:sarc

wasted my $8.99.

My question is, is there any place that i can get a decent car wash?
I\'m referring to automatic wash car machines.

Thankss

al01
01-30-2005, 10:11 PM
i dont think any car wash will wash the part the spoiler is covering lol.. i usually just wash it my self.. but since its winter... i just buy the basic one just to wash off the dirt and salt..

PlatMS6
01-31-2005, 01:51 AM
ummm do up esso\'s touchless.......its really powerfull and the \"rocker(sp) panel\" stage scared me the first time...lol ...it cleans great tho

but yah the front bumper/rear was always a problem for me b4 i\'ve used esso..

:)

jon_jai
01-31-2005, 03:09 PM
thxx ! i\'ll try it

Eric
01-31-2005, 08:41 PM
When you get anything more than the Basic Carwash at PetroCanada, You get their spray on Teflon protective coating. Now I know, and you know that Teflon does not bond to any surface at less than around 350 degress F., so to some extent this must be snake oil.

I have never liked car washes that spray your car with waxes and various kinds of goop since they get all over the glass. I find that waxed glass streaks easier and tends to be patchy. Can anyone report on the effect of the Teflon coating at the PetroCanada carwashes on their windshields.

Newlook
01-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Eric

When you get anything more than the Basic Carwash at PetroCanada, You get their spray on Teflon protective coating.

On a side note, I was told (by the staff) that only \"The Works\" would spray the undercarriage of your car.

david3
02-01-2005, 08:33 AM
A few of them don\'t even have areas to spray under (from what it looks like).

$2-3 at coin-op does the trick in winter.

FLIPDADY
02-01-2005, 04:47 PM
All hatch owners should also consider the cheap plastic wipers we have. I\'ve had 3 people already this week order in wiper arms assemblies after they came from the car wash. Not cheap either the arm, blade and cap will run you about $80.

Eric
02-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

All hatch owners should also consider the cheap plastic wipers we have. I\'ve had 3 people already this week order in wiper arms assemblies after they came from the car wash. Not cheap either the arm, blade and cap will run you about $80.

Which wiper Flipspeed? All? Or only the rear? WHich brings up a question. Why do they give you a slender plastic bag to cover the rear wiper at the carwash?

FLIPDADY
02-02-2005, 08:43 AM
No just the rear cheapy plastic one. If you do go to the washes with soft cloth ask for the bag to cover the arm.

Eric
02-02-2005, 09:01 AM

No just the rear cheapy plastic one. If you do go to the washes with soft cloth ask for the bag to cover the arm.

OK... But how can the bag possibly stop the arm from breaking?

FLIPDADY
02-02-2005, 11:36 AM

I dunno it just does. Maybe the brush gets caught under the arm and it rips it off.

jon_jai
02-03-2005, 11:17 PM

I dunno it just does. Maybe the brush gets caught under the arm and it rips it off.

im just gonna wash it myself from now on..
those machines looks like it\'s gang bangin my car :(