PDA

View Full Version : side mirror distortion

hyperly_bored
02-06-2005, 05:05 AM
i recently got a new 2005 mazda3sport and the side mirror on my driver side is distorted. when you look at the mirrors on both side, you realize that the one on teh left looks concaved. it looks as if you\'re inside a funhouse with those weird looking mirrors. it makes your head spin. and i brought it back to the dealer to change the mirror because it was so distorted. however, when i brought it back to the dealer they were reluctant to help me change it at first but soon they had too. it took approximately 6 OTHER side mirrors before we came across one that was normal and NOT distorted. the sales actually wanted to pass it off as though there\'s nothing wrong with it and that it was cause it was my \'new\' car...however, before i traded it in, i had ANOTHER mazda3sprt...

i\'d advise those who are almost getting your new mazda3s, to check out the sidemirrors before u even LEAVE the dealer

///M
02-06-2005, 05:24 AM
wtf?! hahaha never had any problems with mine...maybe it\'s something with the 05s?
btw welcome to TM3! you finally joined! ;)

wtom
02-07-2005, 02:43 PM
moot? Your nickname looks familiar...

MAZDA Kitten
02-07-2005, 09:00 PM
My drivers side mirror does the same thing although maybe not as bad as you described yours to be. However it only happens in extreme cold weather

al01
02-08-2005, 04:39 PM
i dont like my driver side mirror.. it looks weird.. i usually dont look at it.. i though it was only me.. it always give me a headache..i dont think its concave.. but i can never get the right angle for the mirror.. it makes my eyes focus on one spot and the other things are blurry.. the one of the passenger side is finee

Iceblaza
04-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Thats amazing, cause same thing has happened on my 06, wondering if i should bring it in to get it changed... hmmmm

MAZDA Kitten
04-11-2006, 11:09 AM
I had mine replaced
It looks a lot better than the old one but it still gets a little warped but not as bad as my original

ds2chan
04-11-2006, 11:18 AM
samething happens with my mirror.. the drivers side mirror gives me a headache if I stare at it for too long (did this while parked of course) but the passengers side mirror is fine.. but I only glance at the side mirrors so it\'s not a problem for me since I can still see who\'s beside me.. but as MK said, it only happens when the mirror is really cold.. as soon as it warms up it\'s fine..