PDA

View Full Version : Will these fits our cars?

al01
02-15-2005, 03:21 PM
http://necatpace.org/mtphotos/vwgol2003-0010.jpg

they sell those at CT, theres a black chrome onee , its pretty nicee, wonder if it fits..

just the muffler. goin with the cheap route here.. :p no money but wantt exhaust to sound better

so i guess i will remove the resonator and add one of these to make it sound betteR?? any suggestion?? wat garage will remove the resonator for me??

mEtH
02-15-2005, 03:31 PM
There have been a few that put those on but thats two mufflers on the car I believe then. Why would you do that when you just put a new tip on your car anyways?

al01
02-15-2005, 03:33 PM
im just thinkin of doing it.. but i will definity remove the resonator first;)

midnightfxgt
02-15-2005, 04:00 PM
ewwwwwwwww..... NOT a fan of the grapefuit launchers :D

~JOHN

al01
02-15-2005, 04:01 PM
anyone kno any garage that will remove the resonator for me?????

MajesticBlueNTO
02-15-2005, 04:03 PM
anything aft of the stock muffler won\'t make that big of a difference in sound, nothing you\'re looking for anyway....cutting the stock resonator off and welding this one on at the end will probably cost you as much as getting a custom exhaust.

do yourself a favour and save up for a real exhaust and stop this nonsense. :p

wtom
02-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by al01

anyone kno any garage that will remove the resonator for me?????

Gilman Auto Service
1940 Ellesmere Road
Scarborough

The map is not accurate!!! Gilman is right beside the plaza that is beside the TD Bank at Bellamy.

http://www.geocities.com/wtom@rogers.com/gilmans.gif

al01
02-15-2005, 04:07 PM
can u gimme the postal code?? orr do they hv a site? thx :p

wtom
02-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Found this off Google;

Gilman Auto Service
1940 Ellesmere Road Suite 6
Scarborough, Ontario
M1H 2V7

Telephone:416 289-1388

MajesticBlueNTO
02-15-2005, 04:12 PM

can u gimme the postal code?? orr do they hv a site? thx :p

i\'m guessing you do have internet access since you\'re posting here.

1) go to www.toronto.com or www.canada411.com and search for \"Gilman Auto\"
2) get the phone number, pick up a phone and call

it\'s unit 6, 1940 Ellesmere.

postal code? check www.canadapost.ca

FLIPDADY
02-15-2005, 04:24 PM
I\'ve seen one black 3 with this kind of muffler. The car sounded okay but think about it you\'ll be sporting two mufflers. You\'re better off getting an nice resonated tip and have it welded on the stock pipe.

al01
02-15-2005, 04:36 PM
soo flipspeed?? if i remove the resonator and use my momo tip... it should sound betteR?

FLIPDADY
02-15-2005, 04:39 PM

soo flipspeed?? if i remove the resonator and use my momo tip... it should sound betteR?
I\'m not saying it will sound better, but it will defiantely be louder. While you\'re at it throw on a high flow cat.

MazdaTree
02-15-2005, 04:48 PM
i also saw a black one around weston and finch sounded nice poppin out a little tho

FLIPDADY
02-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MazdaTree

i also saw a black one around weston and finch sounded nice poppin out a little tho
If it had Avante frames then that\'s the car. Last time I saw it at the dealership it needed a new engine.

al01
02-15-2005, 07:50 PM
If i order the high flow cat
http://store.draxas.com/img_item_full/53000.jpg

wat size should it be?? 2.25\"? 2.5\"? 3\"?

andd how much does the soundd improve?

PlatMS6
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM

If i order the high flow cat
http://store.draxas.com/img_item_full/53000.jpg

wat size should it be?? 2.25\"? 2.5\"? 3\"?

andd how much does the soundd improve?

with a high flow cat...mazda might bs about their emission warrantee\'s...just start with cutting out the resonator (ure not going to void anything and no-one can say a thing)...and if u wanna do more then go from there! :p it is a cheap mod, costs about the same as a fancy tip and you will get more sound for sure!

mEtH
02-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Buy a sound system and record someone elses exhaust that you like. Then make a cd with it and put it on repeat. You\'ll be screaming down the roads. Could also add a psssstttt... for added style. People wont know what hit em. :D :) :p ;)

midnightfxgt
02-15-2005, 11:21 PM
LOL.... Man, some of these posts make ya Wonder....

Muffler - We have one on our car. Remove it and add this. You will have a louder (maybe better, its all opinion) exhaust, and the look you want. It will cost a fair bit.

Cut out the resonator (replace with straight pipe) - This will make it louder again, and you will keep the MOMO tip you have, and will cost less.

High Flow Cat - A high flow cat GENERALLY isnt used for sound. It is more for performance, as it will flow better than the stock cat.

~JOHN

MazdaTree
02-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

If it had Avante frames then that\'s the car. Last time I saw it at the dealership it needed a new engine.
why did it need a new engine? was it cuz of the exhaust? and did mazda cover it or they did they have to buy one and for how much?

FLIPDADY
02-16-2005, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

why did it need a new engine? was it cuz of the exhaust? and did mazda cover it or they did they have to buy one and for how much?
It wasn\'t the car I think it was the driver that was defective.:p I\'m not sure if they covered it or not. I left before they did the job.

MazdaTree
02-16-2005, 12:33 PM
damn thats crazy