PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky wipers

FLIPDADY
02-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I just noticed this yesterday while the car was parked. It was raining outside and I could hear the wipers making a squeaking sound but it seemed like it was coming from the linkage and not the blades. Anyone ever notice this?

Dr Butcher
02-16-2005, 02:21 AM
I haven\'t really noticed a squeaking sound but occasionally mine make a clunking sound when they hit either end of their limit of travel. Most of the time they are fine but every now and then they seem to wipe a little too far and sound like the linkage is hitting on something. It\'s a random thing and I haven\'t pinned it down to temperature, ice, or whatever. I will keep my eyes and ears open and see what\'s what. :)

black305
02-16-2005, 03:05 AM
yup, i\'ve heard it too but i\'m still not sure whether it\'s the squeaking from the rubber on the glass or the mechanics underneath...i\'ll have to pick up the wipers from the windshield and turn them on again to find out.

billyfo
02-16-2005, 05:44 PM
I don\'t have any squeaky sound, but no so good passenger\'s side wiper even I change to Telfon one

Indusbreed
02-16-2005, 05:59 PM
On Mine the passenger side wiper suck big time. Will have it replaced..

mazda3ride
02-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Mine makes a similar noise to FLIPSPEED. I just had my wiper arms replaced and I can finally use my wipers with no streaks.

ariini
01-23-2006, 08:18 PM
I know this is a year later - did you ever figure out the problem?

I have notice my right wiper squeaking for a few months (maybe since Nov). When I went for my 4mos in Dec I asked about it and the dealer just replaced the wiper blades. That hasn\'t fixed the problem and I haven\'t had a chance to take it back yet.

any suggestions?

Bluemazda3-S
10-25-2008, 09:35 PM
My wipers also squeak, and I am pretty sure its not the blades. Also, the drivers arm always moves position and I have tightened that nut as tight as it can go... anyone figure out this problem with the squeaking?

x_o_k_x
10-25-2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.finishlineperformance.com/pdf/mazda3/bulletin/09-022-06-1623.pdf

Bluemazda3-S
10-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Hmm... how hard is this to do? Is it a simple re and re of the new linkages? Is it a recall? I've done a wiper motor on a sunfire, it was kind of a pain to get it adjusted right because of the type of design, it had a "transmission" on the motor, and the linkage was attached to this transmission.

mazdas3sporte
10-27-2008, 11:21 PM
why did u guys open a 2 year old thread up again, u should have just pmd

Bluemazda3-S
10-28-2008, 03:54 AM
you can't win on these forums... you get crapped on if you start a new thread without searching for one that already exists, and now I get crapped on for replying on a 2 year old thread. And I think its perfectly fine to do that since no one posted their resolution to the problem, until now.

sas
10-28-2008, 06:19 AM
how hard is this to do?
I think relink is not too hard. If you have one wiper is moving position,
it more like you have teared pivot's lever, maybe I'm wrong.
I hadn't seen Mazda3 pivots ,by manual's drawing they are different from
old mazda and ford. Any way you should to remove top cover
to get real cause. You have a good chance to end this thread.
Pictures always are pleasant.