PDA

View Full Version : Where should I service in GTA??

akz
02-18-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey guys I bought my Mazda3 from Markham Mazda in October.. I was unable to take my car in for the first time ... however my mom did and when I left it got a car wash and car looked really nice. However my mom said they deny any knowledge about the breaks squeeking problem. I asked her if it was Ken and she said yes thats who he spoke to. Well its now time to take it in for the 8k serving this saturday.. however due to humidity my front grill cracked not hit not pried no signs of that it jus cracked because it was made poorly .. should I get servicing at Morningside Mazda, Markham Mazda, or AvanteMazda?? cause I dont know do I have to go back to markham mazda? will the other dealers cover my front grill or does it HAVE to be markham mazda?? and any advices for what to look for and what to prepare myself for before I get there? also what to check and look out for afterwards.. ? thanks guys.

bluntman
02-18-2005, 04:55 AM
Humidity in the winter? I don\'t think so. Regardless, it should be covered under warranty.

Do a search, you\'ll find that a lot of members have been dissatisfied with Markham Mazda\'s service, they are to be avoided like the plague. Give Avante Mazda a try. You don\'t have to bring your vehicle to where you bought it for servicing.

MajesticBlueNTO
02-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Humidity in the winter? I don\'t think so.

you were in the motherland when there was a smog warning and thick, dense fog from the 100% humidity in the air. so, yes, humidity in the winter is a reality :p

akz
02-18-2005, 01:35 PM
yeah i didnt notice anything until you said that, it happened the night after there was that huge fog in the gta... went to school saw it cracked the next morning ~_~ sigh..

bluntman
02-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

Humidity in the winter? I don\'t think so.

you were in the motherland when there was a smog warning and thick, dense fog from the 100% humidity in the air. so, yes, humidity in the winter is a reality :p

I think so...I guess 30c weather everyday just got to me. :)

Seriously, I was always under the impression that warmer air can hold more moisture than cold air. Maybe I\'m getting it mixed up with air coming out of an air conditioner. Did I mention that I had that on 24/7 while on vacation? :D

MajesticBlueNTO
02-18-2005, 04:01 PM

I think so...I guess 30c weather everyday just got to me. :)

Seriously, I was always under the impression that warmer air can hold more moisture than cold air. Maybe I\'m getting it mixed up with air coming out of an air conditioner. Did I mention that I had that on 24/7 while on vacation? :D

sorry to hijack the thread :) but yeah, warmer air does hold more moisture than cold air.

what happened during the fog/smog time was the air was warm coming off the lake (picking up moisture)...and it was warm higher up so it couldn\'t form precipitate (either rain or snow).. but the ground was cold from the snow and ice. so when the warm air met the cold ground...BAM...fog so thick you couldn\'t see the car in front of you.

akz
02-19-2005, 05:59 PM
welps... went down to Markham Mazda this morning... and let me tell you .. the person at the service desk \"Stanley\" doesnt know jack shit... However this time I did not have Ken the mechanic and got some sweedish guy who was really really friendly.. all the lies that Stanley told me and my mom he told us the truth... stanley told me that not all Mazda3 have the break problem, only 1 or 2 would come back and say they had that problem. The mechanic told me the break noise and the rumbling is normal its like that and assured my mom that nothign was wrong when we were on the test drive alone with the mechanic.

The oil change came up to 73.58 + TAX .. wow.. So I said I dont want to do the tire rotations and one of the other items on the list. He calmly accepted and told me the final price was still 73.58 + TAX. When I asked why... he said it was a package deal no matter what I would have to pay that price.. So I asked him if I want to oil change the mazda3 only and not do anything isnt it just 26.95 + TAX? he said no... you have to have a cupon from markham mazda because markham mazda charges 39.95 for a oil change and if you have the cupon from them for $10off it then comes to 29.65, I tought it was just 29.65 and mazda specified this.. well either way I said the only thing I got was this brocure saying its 29.65 and he says thats the cupon and says ok fine we will ONLY do the oil change but there is an environmental charge of 4.95. So my total came up to 35 something tax included w/ labour etc. Didnt get a car wash ~_~ sigh.. shes so dirty...

And about the cracked grill they didnt have any parts whatsoever.. stanley refused to accept that the grill had just CRACKED .. which was later confirmed verbally by the mechanic and when said he had to offer a new grill under warranty. Even tho the mechanic said it was a defect he said that he would have to wait for the Manager to come back on monday and I would have to drive the car out to him JUST so he can have a look.. wth... but after a few arguements I no longer needed to come back and my part was on order.... hope I dont have to put up with any more stupid $hit from them..

all and all an ok experience ^^

wtom
02-19-2005, 09:32 PM
No offense but HA HA. We warned you about Markham Mazda.

Trust me about going to Avante Mazda. I live near Markham Rd and Steeles and work near Warden and Steeles. The drive to Avante (no matter Toronto or RH location) is so much more worth it than the run-around you\'ll get from Markham Mazda.

majic
02-20-2005, 01:37 AM
wow.. after all that i hope you pick a different dealership next time :sarc they try to scam you at every opportunty.. crazy.. as wtom says.. try out avante, nothing but pleasant service..

akz
02-20-2005, 02:33 AM
yeah.. I will be going to avante next service time around.. but I really wanted that grill crack looked at... and I already had it booked.. so bleh its arite.. wnated to get it out of the way... but DEFINETLY will not go back to Markham Mazda ever AGAIN!

akz
03-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Just a follow up of this oil change guys:

after the oil change and going back to markham mazda again to fix the front grill. When I went in another service worker was working I said I had an appointment and he pulled up my file, he asked me \"Will you be paying cash for the grill?\" I was like wtf?? no its under warranty he read over the screen and said ahhh yes blah blah blha and told me it was all taken care of and to wait 30 mins.. A lil bit over 20 minutes into the game the mechanic had changed my grill and I was sitting waiting for them to finish. Suddenly the service worker comes up to me and asks me to pay $199 for the front grill. I was estatic and jumped and asked why do I have to pay? They showed me my grill that they already took off and said that AFTER they had taken it off they discovered that it WAS damaged and it WAS NOT covered by warranty. I was like its in plain writing your mechanic checked it out last time and the part was ordered you switched my grill already and come to me NOW saying that its not under warranty?? no im not paying I said. After a few loop arounds I was directed to the service manager whom was a COMPLETE a$$hole never let me talk all he said was not covered and sat down... and that I would have to wait for the service worker who did my order last time to see what would happen I insisted thta I would not pay for the grill.

While waiting... I saw the mechanic that was working on my car (was also the same mechanic that was working on my car last time, did a good job. When we went on a test drive he told us all the problems and assured all our problems Ie: break problems etc.. ) The service manager took him inside and I was standing there watching the service manager and parts manager yelling at the mechanic saying why he changed my part .. the mechanic replied \"I personally checked his car last time I remember this car, I followed the work order and replaced it\" .. the service manager kept on saying its not covered and why he would replace it. The mechanic swore at the manager and told him to f-himself and started saying how he hated this job.. then the service manager showed him the part that was broken or chipped that they claimed was the damage that lead to the crack. The mechanic replied \"because I dropped it and threw the part on the ground after I changed it\" after the parts manager immmediately saw me watching the whole scene and quickly took him aside..
at this point I WAS 200% sure I was not going to pay A CENT (if anything I was prepared to call the cops on this ordeal)

alas I got tired and called my mother, she flipped and said to call my uncle who knew someone who worked at the dealership apparently (that was the reason we bought the car at markham mazda in the first place we got a lot of extras and a very good price) I quickly phoned my uncle and my uncle phoned his friend. 2 minutes later his friend approached me and asked me what was happening .. (AS IF HE ALREADY DIDNT KNOW, ITS JUST HE DIDNT KNOW WHO I WAS. The ENTIRE MARKHAM MAZDA STAFF was watching from the showroom floor.. the ENTIRE ORDEAL I could see the snickers as I walked down from the stairs...) Well to make a long story short I told him my story and I told him wtf im not paying jack shit.. he said dont worry Ill handle it ... he came back 2 minutes later and said its all done I dont need to pay for anything. I went back down the service staff and the service manager were of a TOTALLY DIFFERENT ATTITUDE but I was still in my anger mood.. lol so me being a rageaholic started spazzing at them in chinese calling them dogs and how they immediately changed there attitude towrads me afterwards like pussies.. they told me to sign something that stated it was underwarranty.. I spent 2minutes reading over the entire thing.. and threew the paper and pen at the service worker and left. (it pays off to know someone on the inside for sure people... but still IM NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!)

after this happened my mother was furious and called in to complain 2 weeks after the complaint was filed the service manager called me. All he said was \"is everything ok now?\" I said yes and he said \"goodbye\" ... ov course I was not going to let him off that easily.. I did not let him hang up and let him have a ear full until I was satisfied .. even ended off with \"YOU WILL NEVER EVER HAVE MY BUSINESS OR ANYONES BUSINESS AGAIN IM GOING TO POST AND SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT YOUR SHADY DEALERSHIP!\" and hung up the phone on him ..... felt a lot better being myself.. :D

Overall.. as people said .. it doesnt matter if your asian/chinese or not .. you still get the same shitty treatment. I would buy another car from Markham Mazda again because of the special price I get but I would never EVER go back for service of ANYKIND...

**BEWARE STAY AWAY, DONT EVEN BOTHER**

TheProfessor
03-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Wow, yet another horror story to come out of that $hitty dealership. The second my wife and I walked in there a couple of years back I had such a bad vibe and we never returned.....thank God;)

emc
03-23-2005, 10:47 AM
wow! super entertaining story, and soooo frustrating for you! lol sorry to laugh, but the way you explained the story was classic!

the service manager showed him the part that was broken or chipped that they claimed was the damage that lead to the crack. The mechanic replied \"because I dropped it and threw the part on the ground after I changed it\"

lol thats awesome of the mechanic too!

ya no one should go back there! they should apoligise to all mazda owners and revamp their dealership, cause i\'m sure not many of us will be going there, nor will other people who read that post! lol sorry that happened, and i\'m glad you didn\'t have to pay! :p

wtom
03-23-2005, 02:36 PM
What kind of committment can I get from those who have been victimized by Markham Mazda, to group together, document all of our issues with this shady dealershit, and write one quality complaint letter to Mazda Canada?

It\'s time we try to bring down this POS dealership and stop them from taking advantage of anymore innocent citizens.

akz
03-30-2005, 10:14 AM
you have my support man.!!

Shat2
03-31-2005, 02:44 AM
wow wtf is that.. yea i think u should file a complaint. The dealer i bought the car from was pretty nice, thats why i bought it at markham mazda. If i knew their service department was that bad, i woulda never bought it there.. :(

akz
04-15-2005, 04:28 AM
lol I just bought it from there cause I knew somoene on the inside.. thank god it paid off...

kyfe
04-15-2005, 09:09 AM
good lord why is mazda letting this type of unprofessional attitude continue with their dealers??:sarc

This takes alot of getting used to from the service I receive @ Vw for my Golf.
every time I take my vehicle in there they do all the warranty repair without even asking and @ no charge.

between what i hear from others and what i have experienced, it only ensures that my next car will be a TDI or a smart car... which were my other options when I chose the 3

Kyfe

TheProfessor
04-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Kyfe, in fairness it\'s not like every VW dealership is awesome. You just happened to go to a good one, much like an Avante Mazda. I have not once had a problem with any of the Mazda dealerships I have used, and we have had three Mazda\'s so far :sarc

m_a_t_r_i_x
04-17-2005, 07:17 PM
unbelievable experience akz....well having said that i wont bother going to that dealership, ill keep that in mind...

akz
04-18-2005, 02:20 AM
I just hope that by you guys reading my experience even IF you buy the car from there already you wont go back for anything else ... ~_~ :)

Spyder01
04-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey akz, do you know the name of the service manager at Markham Mazda?? I was there this morning and it seems they had some change in the service department. That Stanley guy left Markham Mazda and went to some Honda on Younge. The other white hair older guy i believe left too, I hated that older guy, he always looked like he hated the world. Anyway, just thought i\'d let you know theres been some changes :)

hehe but after reading the scene you\'ve made there, im not sure if you even want to check out that place again :)

akz
04-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Spyder01

Hey akz, do you know the name of the service manager at Markham Mazda?? I was there this morning and it seems they had some change in the service department. That Stanley guy left Markham Mazda and went to some Honda on Younge. The other white hair older guy i believe left too, I hated that older guy, he always looked like he hated the world. Anyway, just thought i\'d let you know theres been some changes :)

hehe but after reading the scene you\'ve made there, im not sure if you even want to check out that place again :)

The service manager at Markham Mazda was some indian man, stanley is not a service manager.. just a service lackey... takes the shit that u dish out and tries to satisfy you and spit you out. As longas the same person is running Markham Mazda changes to the service staff do not make much of a difference... once a shady dealership always a shady dealership..

as I explained in my posts.. basically EVERYONE even the sales staff knew what was going on as I walked down the stairs from the waiting room to the show room then down to the service department.. all those evil little snickers... I dont care who left or what .. they will NEVER get my business EVER again.. no matter who says they have changed :)

Spyder01
04-28-2005, 05:19 PM
lol oh that indian guy...yea...i\'ve talked to him before...smooth talker but once you have time to think about it, nothing really occured...lol...waiting room? what waiting room? you mean that hallway? lol

Edit: Anyway, just thought you\'d like to know a 2 chinese serivce guys left....indian guy still there though.

akz
04-29-2005, 03:32 AM
doubt that it will make any difference.. the underlings leave the boss is still the same they just get new underlings to do the new dirtywork :P

Mazda3GT_Chick
04-08-2006, 12:53 PM
What about Ajax Mazda - good services??? pro and cons??

malam
04-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Will definitely recommend Mazda of Toronto.

levonida0103
04-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by m_a_t_r_i_x

unbelievable experience akz....well having said that i wont bother going to that dealership, ill keep that in mind...

anything good or bad on erin mills mazda in mississauga?

FLIPDADY
04-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by levonida0103

anything good or bad on erin mills mazda in mississauga?
Do a search under Erin Mills Mazda.

I\'m sure you\'ll find a few reviews.