PDA

View Full Version : Offset license plate

FLIPDADY
02-19-2005, 09:33 AM
What do you guys think of license plate on this car? I wanted to do this with the 3 when I first got it.

http://www.aj-racing.com/images/Project/AJREK/DSCN0439.jpg

majic
02-19-2005, 10:15 AM
some ppl will like it.. some won\'t

i\'m often about symmetry (studies have shown that it\'s more pleasing to the eye) so my vote is \'no\' especially it looks so tacky when you can see the original mounting holes :sarc

in addition, our bumpers are pretty round at the sides and the plate would be pointing sideways or not sit flush with the bumper

FLIPDADY
02-19-2005, 11:56 AM
I thought about that too, but the good thing is that my bumper was never drilled so all you can see is the two tiny guides. I\'ll try it and if I don\'t like it then I can just cut the zip ties.

Ex-Rolla
02-19-2005, 03:31 PM
I agree with majic... it would look a little out of place... Now if you had a big as intercooler there ;) .....

mEtH
02-21-2005, 04:36 PM
There is a silver hatch on mazda3forums that did it. Looks bleh! Not bad but not great. If the pics still work or if it asn\'t deleted see if you can find it. The topic was something along the lines of \"my 3 mods\".

Ill check my pics folder when i get home but I doubt I saved that.

FLIPDADY
03-19-2005, 02:59 PM
What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/FLIPSPEED/OFFSET1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/FLIPSPEED/OFFSET2.jpg

-RJ3-
03-19-2005, 03:16 PM
What if you put it right in the middle section (on the grill) I wonder how it would look?

bubba1983
03-19-2005, 05:26 PM
bumper is too rounded...bleh, i say nay!

black305
03-19-2005, 11:20 PM
i\'d have to agree with the others and say nay

aabase
03-19-2005, 11:29 PM
id say it looks more nice in the middle.

Xenon
03-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Other than the old Eagle Talon/Mistubishi Eclipse I don\'t think there is a car out there that an offset license plate looks good on.

As mentioned before, symmetry looks the most pleasing.

-RJ3-
03-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by -RJ3-

What if you put it right in the middle section (on the grill) I wonder how it would look?

This is what I mean....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/HIDplatebottom.jpg

Doesnt it look mean!!!!!

Thanks Xenon for lending me your car and putting the plate on the bottom HAHHA

:D

majic
03-21-2005, 12:14 AM

This is what I mean....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/HIDplatebottom.jpg

Doesnt it look mean!!!!!

Thanks Xenon for lending me your car and putting the plate on the bottom HAHHA

:D

you mean like this?

http://xs37.xs.to/pics/05286/IMG_9766.jpg

so yah Joe, I say you put it in the middle as well :)

Whos ur dadd
03-21-2005, 09:03 AM
As ze French would say, ze offset plat iz ooooogleeee.

FLIPDADY
03-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Will relocate to the middle. :)

civiclad
03-23-2005, 04:39 PM
The middle looks better, more pleasing to the eye

AFbunnie
03-25-2005, 01:59 PM
I was wanting to put my plate where that bottom mesh is as well. I don\'t have my car yet. (Still in Vancouver....) but should I give the dealership specific instructions not to drill holes or something???? How do you attach it to the mesh??

majic
03-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by AFbunnie

I was wanting to put my plate where that bottom mesh is as well. I don\'t have my car yet. (Still in Vancouver....) but should I give the dealership specific instructions not to drill holes or something???? How do you attach it to the mesh??

if you want the plate relocated, call the dealer ASAP, talk with whom you were dealing with and ensure that they write it down so when it comes to doing plates they do not drill holes in the original location (there will be 2 tiny pilot holes - from factory). that\'s what they did for mine. no extra cost and they used their own parts. so far so good and i like the look better..

AFbunnie
03-25-2005, 03:55 PM
cool!! thanks~
I\'ll definately call them on tues...or monday if they\'re open. :P

So how do you attach them onto the mesh? Can I ask them to do it for me? or is it a DIY kinda thing???

FLIPDADY
03-28-2005, 09:36 AM
You can DIY, all you need is three long zip ties and a good eye.

Like majic said contact your dealer if you want them to do the job, it\'s no charge.

majic
03-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

You can DIY, all you need is three long zip ties and a good eye.

Like majic said contact your dealer if you want them to do the job, it\'s no charge.

yesterday i took my plates off (needed to put the sticker on and the rear plate had the clear dealer cover on it) i took off the fornt plate as well b/c i wanted to put the cover on that one instead. what i saw were 2 little holes in the black grille. if you want to DYI, you probably need to drill 2 pilot holes and then screw right into the black plastic \'mesh\' it seems THAT simple.

*disclaimer: I shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage caused by or arising from any user\'s reliance on information obtained from or through my posts. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information and other content available through this site/my posts. Must be 16yrs of age or older to proceed. Batteries not included. Void where prohibited. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Offer not valid in Quebec. May contain nudity and/or violence. Any modifications done to the car may cause \'rice-iness\', void your warranty, cause humiliation, lifelong isolation and depression - none of which i can be held responsible for. In addition, you might experience shivering, nausea, light headedness, all of which are normal in the Canadian climate if you chose to perform this mod outside and naked. Oh yah, forgot about the fingerpointing. Also, who\'s ur daaddy could show up and beat you over the head with his Louisville Slugger but that\'s outta my control, so be nice to him. But go ahead and have fun, just don\'t blame me.*

AFbunnie
03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
lol....

I\'ve called the dealership sooo many times because of the stupid delay I\'m scared to call him again.. lol (I hate being such a bother...) is he going to think I\'m crazy for wanting my plate there or is this a common thing?? I just think the plate looks sooo much nicer where that mesh is... It\'s not illegal for attaching it there is it???

s_h_a_o_l_i_n
03-28-2005, 07:52 PM
For those who have taken the bracket off and faced with 2 drill holes, any way to have em plugged? i went to honda today and asked for S2000 front plate plugs and he sez they don\'t sell them seperately here. Any better suggestions?