PDA

View Full Version : Coolant very low?!

///M
03-04-2005, 09:15 PM
It came to my attention today that my coolant was very low (thanks lukel90 for pointing it out to me! I probably wouldn\'t have realized myself) - well below the minimum level. I\'m going on a somewhat long drive tommorow - should I just top it up myself or does the 3 use a specific brand of coolant and is it safe to mix the stock coolant with whatever coolant I buy? Would I have a leak?

profusion
03-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Hold your horses there tiger.. coolent is not ment to be topped off. Make sure you fill only up the line. It is usually should be at half in the container. Just a reminder if you were going to fill it up to the rim =P.

///M
03-05-2005, 10:19 AM
^ by \"topping it off\" I meant filling it to the line.

///M
03-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Took it to Avante this morning and they topped it up for me. No problems with the cooling system. Once again, great service from Avante!

david3
03-06-2005, 11:14 AM
alot of peoples cars came with coolant below the min mark.

profusion
03-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

Ok few!

Sorry didnt mean to make you seem you dont know what you were doing if I did.
How low was it from the line? Now that you say that im going to check mine.

lukel90
03-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Np autoexe. I wsa surprised to see you at lockdown on friday, but it was cool. For the record. Autoexe took me for a ride to see what the ride is like on lowered springs, if i remember he has the autoexe springs. You guys really do make too big of a deal about this, the ride was stock quality although a little too low for me. Im going to wait for good shocks to come out then im going to go with the eibachs. Autoexe, i guess ill see you march 19th at the meet...see ya there

profusion
03-06-2005, 10:04 PM
I checked my coolent it is below a tiny bit from the low level aswell. Time for me to fill it up too.

///M
03-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by profusion

Originally posted by autoexe

Ok few!

Sorry didnt mean to make you seem you dont know what you were doing if I did.
How low was it from the line? Now that you say that im going to check mine.

mine was about an inch below the minimum level

profusion
03-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah mine is about a little more then half an inch. Im wondering should it go down that fast?

PlatMS6
03-07-2005, 06:09 PM

Yeah mine is about a little more then half an inch. Im wondering should it go down that fast?

crap mine is very low, more than an inch bellow teh low...thats not good, makes you think if they really check all the fluids, lights bs they state on your nwork order:sarc ....but yah it semms like our engines are thirsty ... as long as it is not smoking or teh exhaust is sweet smelling i guess its ok...what do u guys top up with or should i just go to the dealer?

MajesticBlueNTO
03-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 2004mz3

crap mine is very low, more than an inch bellow teh low...thats not good, makes you think if they really check all the fluids, lights bs they state on your nwork order:sarc ....but yah it semms like our engines are thirsty ... as long as it is not smoking or teh exhaust is sweet smelling i guess its ok...what do u guys top up with or should i just go to the dealer?

if you\'re gonna top it off, might as well do it with something good:

Redline Water Wetter (http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp)

FLIPDADY
03-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Water Wetter is some good stuff, I used it in my Talon on track days at Cayuga.