PDA

View Full Version : Options

Hazy
03-10-2005, 02:51 PM
hey its me again but now i just wanna know what options do u guys have for your vehicle specificly the mazda 3 sport gt (duh)

im planing on gettting the Mazda 3 Sport GT fully loaded with leather interior, leather gear knob/hand brake, 17\' alloys, sporty bumpers/skirts, etc. basically the GFX package.

the option im gettin are tinted windows, remote starter, and maybe 6-disc changer. i was gonna get the carbon fibre dash but its expensive.

how many do u have 6 disc changer or carbon fibre dash? is the 6disc changer any good? and is the carbon fibre dash worth it?

majic
03-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Hazy

hey its me again but now i just wanna know what options do u guys have for your vehicle specificly the mazda 3 sport gt (duh)

im planing on gettting the Mazda 3 Sport GT fully loaded with leather interior, leather gear knob/hand brake, 17\' alloys, sporty bumpers/skirts, etc. basically the GFX package.

the option im gettin are tinted windows, remote starter, and maybe 6-disc changer. i was gonna get the carbon fibre dash but its expensive.

how many do u have 6 disc changer or carbon fibre dash? is the 6disc changer any good? and is the carbon fibre dash worth it?

STOP eveything you\'re doing ;)

get the tints done elsewhere unless dealer can give you LIFETIME warranty on them for under $200CAD.. it all might look like u\'r getting a great deal.. but when u separate it all u\'ll pay more than if you were to do it yourself (by a 3rd party i mean)

same with aftermarket remote starter/alarm.. it\'s best to buy the car from the dealer and teh rest elsewhere..

u might consider the MP3 player vs the 6CD changer though.

Indusbreed
03-10-2005, 04:00 PM
http://nyschlb07.sch.ge.com/Sametime302.nsf/ST302DownloadGlobal?OpenPage

worth it;) ;)

chaser
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
GFX package (no leather) is standard for Sport GT for 2004; not sure if they\'ve changed it for 2005. I think most of members have a Sport opted for the GT trim.

You should pay less for the window tinting and remote starter installed else where other than the stealership. YOu can also buy the OEM CD-changer elsewhere (eg. EBay) for about US$200 + shipping and install it yourself. A few members on this forum have installed their CD-changer/MP3 player by self.

Carbon fiber dash kit? Do you mean the \"carbon-fiber-like\" plastic piece surrounding the audio/clock display and extends across to the passenger-side air vent? If so, it should be standard for the GT trim. If you\'re talking about the full dash kit, I think it cost $400+. I\'d spend the $ for a CAI instead.

If you\'re getting a 5sp, I\'d suggest you to get the OEM pedal set cos the stock black plastic ones get very slipprey when wet. Pic of the pedal set (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=541&page=3).

torpedo20
03-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah, man.
don\'t pick too many extras from the dealer if you can get them some place else.It will be a LOT cheaper & in some cases better (a cd changer comes to mind ;) )

majic
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Indusbreed

http://nyschlb07.sch.ge.com/Sametime302.nsf/ST302DownloadGlobal?OpenPage

worth it;) ;)

link broken.. points nowhere

Originally posted by chaser

GFX package (no leather) is standard for Sport GT for 2004; not sure if they\'ve changed it for 2005. I think most of members have a Sport opted for the GT trim.
yes.. no change.. 2005 mazda here.. 17s.. sporty bumpers.. leather shifter and steering wheel .. etc etc..

have you test driven a mazda3 with leather seats? i have and i felt like i was sliding all over so maybe you want to reconsider.. and also save a few bucks :)

Originally posted by torpedo20
It will be a LOT more cheaper
http://sawicki.netrulon.com/images/smileys/lmao.gif

shol
03-10-2005, 07:00 PM
The leather seats to me is killer and divine :) I just got mine today :)

chaser
03-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by majic

have you test driven a mazda3 with leather seats? i have and i felt like i was sliding all over so maybe you want to reconsider.. and also save a few bucks :)

I\'ve leather seats and i don\'t have the \"sliding problem\" so far. Maybe I don\'t push hard enough? One of the reasons I opted for leather was that leather seats are firmer than cloth seats.

majic
03-11-2005, 12:41 PM

I\'ve leather seats and i don\'t have the \"sliding problem\" so far. Maybe I don\'t push hard enough? One of the reasons I opted for leather was that leather seats are firmer than cloth seats.

interesting.. i tend to disagree.. i felt the cloth seats to be firmer and more grippy :) but to each their own :p

MAZDA Kitten
03-13-2005, 06:10 PM
I love the cloth and I have leather in VW. Anyways there are pro\'s and cons to each. One thing that deterred me from the Mazda3 leathers is the 1) not heated 2) leather quality (compared on my VW) was not as nice

MAZDA Kitten
03-13-2005, 06:11 PM

If you\'re getting a 5sp, I\'d suggest you to get the OEM pedal set cos the stock black plastic ones get very slipprey when wet. Pic of the pedal set (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=541&page=3).

Greatest investment EVAR

SoopaBanana
03-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

I love the cloth and I have leather in VW. Anyways there are pro\'s and cons to each. One thing that deterred me from the Mazda3 leathers is the 1) not heated 2) leather quality (compared on my VW) was not as nice

If I\'m not mistaken the 2005 Sport GT leather seats are heated... At least that\'s what the sales told me...

However I opted for cloth just for the two-color goodness :p

Another option that you might want to consider is the JDM LED tail lights from Avante...

For everything else, check here (http://www.mazdastuff.com) to compare prices.

majic
03-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by SoopaBanana

If I\'m not mistaken the 2005 Sport GT leather seats are heated... At least that\'s what the sales told me...

he/she lied

torpedo20
03-18-2005, 01:56 PM

interesting.. i tend to disagree.. i felt the cloth seats to be firmer and more grippy :) but to each their own :p

I second that opinion. Before I got mine I\'d test-driven all kinds and trims of m3 and never felt comfortable with leather seat. Still, if leather is your choice who am I to argue? :)