PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wood Mazda

midnightfxgt
03-13-2005, 01:40 AM
hey guys,

Went to DVM today, as I had my 24K service needing to be done. It was a trek from Pickering to Newmarket, but I figured why not?!

When I arrived, I was about 3ft away from the car when I was greeted by a friendly blonde working the cash. She knew who I was, what I was there for, and reminded me to grab my ownership before comming in to the counter.

Once she took down the info, and enetered it into the computer, she said it would be an hour and a half - two hours. I mentioned we would leave for some food, and she kindly pointed us in the right direction of some good food.

After lunch, went back, and waited a half hour, spoke with another friendly staff member at the counter, who commented on the engine cover paint looking as good as stock. We chated, and the car was done.

After it was all said and done: I was given the 17% discount and walked out around $145 lighter in the wallet. Not soooo bad.

All in all, great people, friendly, fast service, and I had 0 complaints!
:D

~JOHN

FLIPDADY
03-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Good to hear that your experience went well. I was thinking of taking my 3 there as well for my next service.

Whos ur dadd
03-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Good to hear that your experience went well. I was thinking of taking my 3 there as well for my next service.

Flipspeed: you going to take your job there too? We need a Mazda insider - just like dem old Avante days. That Subaru/Suzuki job o\' yours ain\'t doing jack for promoting the Mazda3 cause (other than the stubby!)...

:D

FLIPDADY
03-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey if the opportunity arises for another Mazda dealer, I would jump at the chance.

SABIO
05-14-2005, 10:20 PM
I purchased my White Sport GT from Dave Wood a year ago. It was an enjoyable experience purchasing the car.

3 oil changes (and one maintenance check) later I would say that dealing with the service dept. has met all my expectations. Friendly and Quick. (they didn\'t wash my car.)
But I have seen them washing serviced cars (maybe if you get more than an oil change), but I don\'t care, I would rather lovingly hand wash my baby anyway!

So far Dave Wood gets both my thumbs up :)

bubba1983
05-15-2005, 05:49 PM
hmm, makes me wanna go to a GTA shop just to check it out!

Sammy
07-04-2005, 04:58 PM
I just called Avante to book my 24K service and they quoted my $194 - just wondering why Avante costs $50 more than Dave Woods and other dealerships around. Is it worth the extra money to go to Avante???

billyfo
07-04-2005, 06:09 PM
DVM and Mazda of Toronto offer us some discount for parts & services. Avante RH not

Mine also serviced at Avante, it charged me $184 w/o discount but provided my own Mobil 1

midnightfxgt
07-05-2005, 07:58 AM
I can\'t see it being worth $50 more for Avante. Nothing against them, but I mean DW Mazda did evertying great, and charged less. As pointed out we get a 17% discount at Dave Wood. 10,000KM later and I\'d still recommend them :)

-John

SABIO
07-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Ummm.. ok.. I will be going for my 24K in about a month. Who, What and How do we recieve this discount?? I purchased my GT 3 @ D.W.M and have done all the services there so far.

Do I speak with someone specific? Or does a club officer have to notify them?

Thanks ;)

midnightfxgt
07-05-2005, 10:48 AM
I went iin, and as she was taking my info, and I slipped in that I came from a club who had a discount. She said no problem, and when paying she said you total would be \"$XX.XX\", but with the discount its \"$141.00\"

-John

irietek
07-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Yea how was their service when you bought your car?

these guys wouldn\'t BUDGE .. first the guy said i can get 600 off.. i went for higher.. he came back and said 500 off.. WHAT AN INSULT!!!!!

these people try to squeeze everything out of a customer.. wouldnt it be better to give good deals and word spreads around so you can get more customers?

Dayum, that\'s why i went to avante :) word spread to me that avante was good and TADA they were!!.. only a few min away from newmarket anyways..

SABIO
07-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by irietek

Pleasurable. No Pressure. I did 3-4 visits. One Test drive (alone). Answered questions professionally(some dealers like to bash another make/model when you ask questions about their car)

I proposed a reduction in MSRP and the cost of A/C was removed($900)... no prob , easy :)

If anyone wants a great sales experience ask for Simon Buck. My GF and I went back later in the year and picked up a \'05 Tribute from him. He easily earned our repeat business.

I can understand (and experienced) some of the younger guys might be a lil hard on the sell.... but every dealer has those

mEtH
07-26-2005, 02:03 PM
They were great for my 24k service. Theie new building is amazing too. Friendly and helpful.

This ebayer gets A+++++++ :p

nifty6
08-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by irietek

these guys wouldn\'t BUDGE .. first the guy said i can get 600 off.. i went for higher.. he came back and said 500 off.. WHAT AN INSULT!!!!!

these people try to squeeze everything out of a customer.. wouldnt it be better to give good deals and word spreads around so you can get more customers?

Dayum, that\'s why i went to avante :) word spread to me that avante was good and TADA they were!!.. only a few min away from newmarket anyways..

Had the same experience with DWM as you. They wouldn\'t budge on the price I wanted to pay, ended up leaving and one hour later I bought the car I wanted for the price I wanted to pay at another dealer, in fact $500 less than what DWM wanted...but how they operate is their business, there are other dealers to buy from.