PDA

View Full Version : 2nd thoughts on Carbon Grey

iconicrocket
03-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey everyone,

I\'ve gotten 2nd thoughts about my Carbon Grey GT/GFX/Auto. Its still at SEA so I have time to change my mind. No VIN yet.

From some of the pics that I\'ve seen of the Carbon Grey at the February Meet, I\'m having second thoughts. The colour doesn\'t look so hot, it looks like its having an identity crisis - its not Black and its not Titanium Grey. Crap, I\'m confused.

I saw it at the dealer lot, but it was at night, not very well lit. I hope I\'m not making a mistake. :(

TheProfessor
03-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Yikes, I would do whatever you can to go and check out the colour during the day to make sure. If you still don\'t like it, talk to your sales rep and see what they can do. Worst case, maybe they can just stick it on their lot and offer you a different colour.

Geologic
03-15-2005, 01:09 AM
heh.. same boat except I haven\'t purchased the car yet.

I\'m purchasing a Mazda 3 sedan GS with pp.

The first choice was Titanium Gray but like 99% of the ppl who own m3\'s have this color so I\'ve been contemplating between Black Mica or Arctic White.

Unfortunately, a white GS has a beige interior and that\'s pretty ugly to me. I like the black and will most likely purchase that color (90% sure). Only thing I dislike is the fact that the housing on the taillights is RED, I\'d prefer the GT clear housing but I guess I can change that after I receive the car.

Damn you TIT grey owners!!.. :p

Whos ur dadd
03-15-2005, 05:34 AM
In the brochure, the small little patch of Carbon Grey looks good. In real life however, there\'s just something odd about it. I\'ve posted this before - it\'s like a colour with an identity crisis - not black and not grey - something in between. One of its saving graces though, I guess, is that it\'s rare (if that means anything for you).

I saw several cars at the last meet and I must say I love the Sand Mica colour. I think the white is hot too.

You definitely should see the car\'s colour in full daylight before you should make your decision.

Hazy
03-15-2005, 01:20 PM
white is very nice...

Geologic
03-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Hazy

white is very nice...

white is nice... too bad it only comes in beige interior with the GS. :(

iconicrocket
03-15-2005, 05:34 PM
One thing about white is that you don\'t have to pay the metallic paint fee, its $105 Cdn.

iconicrocket
03-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

In the brochure, the small little patch of Carbon Grey looks good. In real life however, there\'s just something odd about it. I\'ve posted this before - it\'s like a colour with an identity crisis - not black and not grey - something in between. One of its saving graces though, I guess, is that it\'s rare (if that means anything for you).

I saw several cars at the last meet and I must say I love the Sand Mica colour. I think the white is hot too.

You definitely should see the car\'s colour in full daylight before you should make your decision.

Well the brochure is a CMYK simulation of Carbon Grey, I saw there swatch book at the showroom. The colour was pretty close to black mica.

I don\'t know, maybe I should just stick with it, since is so rare.

///M
03-16-2005, 01:40 AM
White is very nice.

shol
03-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Get the color YOU like the most, and im sure that the 105 cdn is not going to be an issue if your buying a car for 25k plus lol to whoever posted that.

I had the same problem. The color I liked the most and still do was tit grey. yes it is the most popular color currently for mazda 3 (mind you sincee I\'ve gotten my car, ive only seen two orange ones and one black one :)

I still like the tit grey the best and im glad I got it, remember it is your car that you are going to be looking at most :)

TheProfessor
03-16-2005, 08:08 AM
^^^ Couldn\'t have said it better myself.......don\'t settle on the colour of your car. You should be damn sure that you love the colour, otherwise you\'ll regret it down the road.

shol
03-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Well I coulda listened to those \"wow another tit grey\" type guys who are driving a red car that I would be driving and seeing tit greys and thinking darn, thats the color I should have gotten.

Instead I now think I have my car the way I wanted it :) and it looks so nice with the tint + bra :)

majic
03-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by shol

Well I coulda listened to those \"wow another tit grey\" type guys who are driving a red car that I would be driving and seeing tit greys and thinking darn, thats the color I should have gotten.

excuse me? :)

AFbunnie
03-17-2005, 12:25 AM
ah yes....

I\'ve ordered a white gt/gfx and I\'m patiently waiting for it.... not to mention extremely anxious at certain times...if that makes sense at all..

To be honest, I had the same feeling when I first ordered my car.. I went to a couple of dealerships but none had the sedan in white gfx.... and to make it worse, I got sooooo hesitant since the finance woman told me that it was such a rare colour. ( I still wonder why...) but!~~ I\'m glad to say that I\'m very very excited for it~~ :) Always go with your gut instincts. Its most likely right. BTW.. I think your car and mine are on the same boat together.. mine came outta production last week...( the car has been officially made.. and on its way.. yes!!~~)

AFbunnie
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
oh yeah... and btw...
if you ask your dealership for the VIN to your car, they\'ll give it to you cuz you\'ll need that to get your insurance for your car before you\'re able to pick it up. Long as your car deal has gone through and they locate which car they\'ll be selling you, they have it.

iconicrocket
03-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by AFbunnie

oh yeah... and btw...
if you ask your dealership for the VIN to your car, they\'ll give it to you cuz you\'ll need that to get your insurance for your car before you\'re able to pick it up. Long as your car deal has gone through and they locate which car they\'ll be selling you, they have it.

I\'m expecting the call from the sales guy next week for the VIN.

iconicrocket
03-17-2005, 05:07 PM

ah yes....

I\'ve ordered a white gt/gfx and I\'m patiently waiting for it.... not to mention extremely anxious at certain times...if that makes sense at all..

To be honest, I had the same feeling when I first ordered my car.. I went to a couple of dealerships but none had the sedan in white gfx.... and to make it worse, I got sooooo hesitant since the finance woman told me that it was such a rare colour. ( I still wonder why...) but!~~ I\'m glad to say that I\'m very very excited for it~~ :) Always go with your gut instincts. Its most likely right. BTW.. I think your car and mine are on the same boat together.. mine came outta production last week...( the car has been officially made.. and on its way.. yes!!~~)

White is a very nice colour, hard to keep clean thou.

Where did you get it from? I got mine from Prima.

AFbunnie
03-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I got mine from scarboro mazda. I actually called them last night, and guess what??? it\'s in Vancouver already!!~~ Somehow, they\'re 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I have no clue how that happened but I\'ll be getting the car in 2 weeks approx instead of 4 weeks.. woooooo hooooooo!~~~ :)

Most people actually say that keeping a white car clean is easier than keeping a black car clean..

iconicrocket
03-18-2005, 05:11 PM

I got mine from scarboro mazda. I actually called them last night, and guess what??? it\'s in Vancouver already!!~~ Somehow, they\'re 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I have no clue how that happened but I\'ll be getting the car in 2 weeks approx instead of 4 weeks.. woooooo hooooooo!~~~ :)

Most people actually say that keeping a white car clean is easier than keeping a black car clean..

Mine\'s at Vancouver too. :D

Must be on the same ship.

AFbunnie
03-18-2005, 05:58 PM
yeah!~

I must sound so stupid when I say this.. but aren\'t you sooooooooo excited?? I\'m sooo happy I\'ll be crusin\' in that car in 3 weeks time!~~:)

iconicrocket
03-18-2005, 07:05 PM

yeah!~

I must sound so stupid when I say this.. but aren\'t you sooooooooo excited?? I\'m sooo happy I\'ll be crusin\' in that car in 3 weeks time!~~:)

I\'m mildly excited, the wait is killing the joy. :sarc

I think you\'re getting it so fast is because the dealer picked the car out while it was in transit. They have their list of cars that the dealership has ordered, thats where I got mine from.

AFbunnie
03-18-2005, 07:30 PM
well I would have been waiting for it for a total of 4 and a half weeks by the time I get the car. It was actually just coming off of production when they located it. :)

So... are you going to get the carbon grey or what???

iconicrocket
03-18-2005, 07:54 PM

well I would have been waiting for it for a total of 4 and a half weeks by the time I get the car. It was actually just coming off of production when they located it. :)

Yeah, I guess I\'ll stick with the carbon grey. Looks quite nice actually.

I hope the car doesn\'t arrive on the 1st of April. :D Bad Karma.

iconicrocket
03-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Ok, sales guy called me this morning - was still sleeping. Hahaha... :p

He has the VIN - so its my car now! No changing colours! Will update me next week on where it is and give me the VIN for my insurance.

AFbunnie
03-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Thats so strange. he should have given you the vin already.. I got mine 2 weeks ago. They know the vin as soon as they know which car you\'re going to get.

iconicrocket
03-20-2005, 10:13 PM

Thats so strange. he should have given you the vin already.. I got mine 2 weeks ago. They know the vin as soon as they know which car you\'re going to get.

He\'s a busy sales guy, so he\'s kinda slow on the follow-up until I called him last Thursday. The car hit PORT on the 16th of March. I think he has the VIN long while and didn\'t bother to pass along the info until now. I\'m not in a hurry still doing my insurance. The sales guy said estimated 10 days til delivery. So I\'m just waiting around for the car to arrive.

I\'m going to the next Toronto Mazda Meet in April. You going too?

Can\'t wait to show up with a Carbon Grey.

MAZDA Kitten
03-21-2005, 11:22 PM

ah yes....

To be honest, I had the same feeling when I first ordered my car.. I went to a couple of dealerships but none had the sedan in white gfx.... and to make it worse, I got sooooo hesitant since the finance woman told me that it was such a rare colour. ( I still wonder why...)

I was in the same boat. My first choice.. however I was bought my car in Sept 04 and every dealership I went to had NONE GT w GFX 5spd. Everytime I see a white Mazda3 sedan I turn my head. It makes the car look really gorgeous. Not that Im not happy with my black mamba she is damn sexy :D

And the whole issue with the extra pricing on the metallic paint is a joke. That shouldnt even been factored in.. just like how they wanted to charge me for wheel locks :sarc

MAZDA Kitten
03-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Carbon Grey is a nice colour but I saw one at the dealership on a cloudy day and it looked very drab.
Either way congrats on the purchase

Kci
03-22-2005, 12:33 AM
I waited about 3 months for my 2005 White 5spd GT w/gfx sedan. Definitely worth the wait, luckily the wait didn\'t bother me much.
Too bad I don\'t get to drive it much (I\'m at school). Will change this summer though

:)

AFbunnie
03-22-2005, 08:40 AM
lol... wanna hear something funny??? I didn\'t get offered anything in terms of accessories for the car when I signed for it. It took me like an hour and a half getting all the paper work done at the dealership. it was an in and out process.. when I came out, I was thinking.. hmm... maybe I should get this, or get that... but they never asked. Hope I\'m not missing much..

should there be an accessory I should have gotten for the sedan???

and yes.. very happy with the white. :) can\'t wait~

Whos ur dadd
03-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Avoid dealer accessories like the plague is my thought. A lot of things you can get aftermarket at significant savings. The only thing that you may be restricted in the aftermarket is the MP3 player.

Exterior wise, I think the sedan looks so much better with the raised spoiler. Without something at the back, it just looks plain, plain, plain. Plus, it\'s a b!tch trying to close/open the trunk without a place to grab. You sedan owners know what I mean!

Of course, the spoiler likely adds zero performance benefit (on a FWD is there a performance penalty? LOL), but I think it finishes off the rear end quite nicely. There\'s a thread somewhere regarding spoilers -~$200 aftermarket. Mazda will charge you $500 I believe.

AFbunnie
03-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks. I thought so too! about the spoiler that is. sigh. I\'m so indecisive. The spoiler at the dealership is soooo expensive but reason why I would even think about getting it there is because the colour of white would match exactly. that would be my one and only reason.

I need as many helpful tips as I can get. Its my first car.. (mind you, being this new as well :)) and I don\'t know very much about what I need to look for or what I could get away with asking for. I don\'t know the ins and outs at all.. I\'m learning though... :)

Whos ur dadd
03-22-2005, 12:35 PM

The spoiler at the dealership is soooo expensive but reason why I would even think about getting it there is because the colour of white would match exactly. that would be my one and only reason.

My aftermarket spoiler colour is bang on. I can\'t tell if there\'s any difference, but then again, I don\'t have an eye for colours...

AFbunnie
03-22-2005, 12:56 PM
yeah.... half my friends say get a spoiler and the other half think that I should keep it like it is...

Whos ur dadd
03-22-2005, 01:07 PM

...the other half think that I should keep it like it is...

dump those ones. they have poor taste.

:D

AFbunnie
03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
hahahahaha!~~~

I think I have to compare the sedan back to back with and withou a spoiler...

Illmatic
03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by iconicrocket

Yeah, I guess I\'ll stick with the carbon grey. Looks quite nice actually.

I hope the car doesn\'t arrive on the 1st of April. :D Bad Karma.

I haven\'t seen the Carbon Grey but I\'m surprised that so many people are not hyped about it! I ended up with a silver GT w/ GFX and leather but I was seriously considering getting the orange. The only problem is that while I loved the colour in the showroom, I didn\'t know if I\'d love it 3 years from when I bought it. The silver isn\'t bad but if I could do it over again I might actually consider one of the darker blue.

Whos ur dadd
03-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Carbon Grey is just dang weird. Only thing it\'s got going for it is that it\'s a step up from that lame Tit Grey, which by the way, is two steps up from the inbred Winning Blue.

majic
03-22-2005, 05:55 PM
when a carbon grey showed up at the meet we thought it was a dusty/dirty black :p it\'s a colour having an identity crisis :p

as for accessories.. if they throw them in for free (or you can negotiate on them) then it\'s ok.. but otherwise as WUD said.. don\'t do it.. big rip off..

also i prefer a lip spoiler or none at all on the sedan but i\'m glad i didn\'t have to make that decision.. my hatch came with a spoiler :D

iconicrocket
03-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Too late for the colour change dealer has mine VIN.

As for the accessories, I stick with the basic wheel lock. My price was so low, the dealer said $50 for the wheel lock. :p

Oh, you can find out what their cost is on Mazda.ca, just price out the Mazda3 and at the end they have a accessory page and I think they made a mistake cause it looks like its dealer cost in there.

I should be getting the car at the end of this week or beginning of next.

AFbunnie
03-22-2005, 11:25 PM
hmmm...

Do I need wheel locks? Do I need to call the dealership now and ask them to add them on??? You said they were $50 right? how important are they?

MazdaTree
03-23-2005, 02:00 AM
you dont need em its just to ppl wont steel ur rims and tires you can still get around wheel locks tho

torpedo20
03-23-2005, 04:00 PM

hmmm...

Do I need wheel locks? Do I need to call the dealership now and ask them to add them on??? You said they were $50 right? how important are they?

I think they come standard with m3 - at least I got with my car at no extra charge.
You might wanna give your dealership a call to find out for sure. I\'d put wheel locks into \"nice to have\" category :D

Geologic
03-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Dealerships throw in wheel locks even if you don\'t ask for em to make it a better \"deal\" for u :sarc. They\'re suppose to be around $40 in the options brochure.

AFbunnie
03-23-2005, 05:26 PM
but I already ordered my car.. you think that when I go there next week to pick up the car that I\'ll have wheel locks on them???

iconicrocket
03-23-2005, 10:41 PM

hmmm...

Wheel locks are very important, I know someone who has his Acura EL stolen just for his rims.:p They are regular wheel nuts that can only be loosen with the proper keyed adapter.

They found the car 2 days after with no wheels, they just jack it up on a pile of wood. Hahaha...

A set of alloy rims is $600+, well worth the $50 investment to protect them.

AFbunnie
03-23-2005, 11:58 PM
gotta call them then~~
you think there\'s anyway they\'ll juss add them in when I go pick up the car??? :P

iconicrocket
03-24-2005, 12:57 PM

gotta call them then~~
you think there\'s anyway they\'ll juss add them in when I go pick up the car??? :P

Don\'t know depends how good a deal you got. If they\'re not making any money, I doubt they\'ll throw them in. On the other hand, if they\'re making a decent profit they might just throw it in for free.

Their cost is something like ~$31.50.

skunk2
03-24-2005, 01:57 PM
when i got my 3, the dealership put it on no charge.
the locks dont cost much and its a nice touch from the dealership putting it on no questions asked. if it didn\'t come with it, it wouldn\'t have bothered me all that much.

TheProfessor
03-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Avante put them on both our cars and we never even asked for them:)

AFbunnie
03-24-2005, 06:52 PM
ohhh!~~ I hope they do it on mine tooo!~~~

on a sidenote... I called the dealership today... :( and sad to say... the car is still in vancouver!!!!!!!!! its been there for a week already!~ something about over packing the train... sigh... I\'m so sad. I WANT MY CAR NOW!!!!!!! so 2 more weeks at least!!! as they say. :( :( :( :(

iconicrocket
03-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Mines is already at their compound!!!

Damn, had to rush to do my insurance today!

:p

Guess I got lucky and my car was on the train way before. Hope to get it Monday. Yahoo! I\'m stoked. :D

iconicrocket
03-24-2005, 11:17 PM

hahahahaha!~~~

I think I have to compare the sedan back to back with and withou a spoiler...

The lip spoiler is really sexy on a black sedan, don\'t know if it\'ll look hot on your rally white thou. Here\'s one image.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/742000-742999/742579_2_full.jpg

Here\'s the raise spoiler.

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/1156/img03452oe.jpg
http://img97.exs.cx/img97/5140/img03464uh.jpg
http://img97.exs.cx/img97/5794/img03571hx.jpg
http://img97.exs.cx/img97/8039/img03476xm.jpg

m_a_t_r_i_x
03-25-2005, 08:31 AM
juz giving my opinion in car color choice....well i got tigray gtgfx, yeah yeah most have that color.....

well for one its about the contrast...tigray will complement with the black grill(air dams below the bumper) in front, front head /tail projector lights, rear under skirt trim (black panel along the plate) , black interior. and if u go wid 20% tints car still will look nice. besides tigary is common on M3s not on corolla, honda, nissan, etc. still a unique/uncommon color on the road .....so im not into monotony , like black and carbon ....well dont worry u cant get go wrong, the car is very nice! any color suits it.....

AFbunnie
03-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Hey thanks for the pics~ I\'m still not sure what I need to do to the car. The both spoilers look nice. As for your car being in the compound already.. congrats. I want my car NOW!!!!!!!!

This thread has gotten soooooo off topic for so long.. sorriez...

MAZDA Kitten
03-25-2005, 06:27 PM
The \"lip\" spoiler from Mazda looks like ass.

It reminds me of the ones that come on Z24\'s. It just doesnt flow nicely.
Unlike a real lip spoiler like on M3\'s... the BMW M3 for those who might get confused LOL ;)

iconicrocket
03-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

The \"lip\" spoiler from Mazda looks like ass.

It reminds me of the ones that come on Z24\'s. It just doesnt flow nicely.
Unlike a real lip spoiler like on M3\'s... the BMW M3 for those who might get confused LOL ;)

The lip spoiler doesn\'t look that bad, especially on a black mica Mazda3.

I saw one at the dealership, I actually liked it. Almost ordered it, but sales guy want $500 for it. Nah.

MAZDA Kitten
03-25-2005, 06:40 PM
They\'re like a hundred bucks on ebay

iconicrocket
03-25-2005, 07:50 PM

ohhh!~~ I hope they do it on mine tooo!~~~

on a sidenote... I called the dealership today... :( and sad to say... the car is still in vancouver!!!!!!!!! its been there for a week already!~ something about over packing the train... sigh... I\'m so sad. I WANT MY CAR NOW!!!!!!! so 2 more weeks at least!!! as they say. :( :( :( :(

Hahaha... I know what you\'re going thru, I had to go thru the same agonzing waiting game for the whole of March. :p

Take a pill and chill. Try a lollipop and watch TV to kill the time.

If it would make you feel better call the dealer on Monday to see where the car is, it might just be at their compound and the info just needed to be updated.

AFbunnie
03-25-2005, 08:24 PM
No. sad to say, you\'re wrong.

Your car is in the compound. Mine is in VANCOUVER!!! I called on Thurs. Its a sad fact. Please don\'t rub it in... I\'ve been waiting a month....I know how it feels...

iconicrocket
03-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

They\'re like a hundred bucks on ebay

They sure are cheap on ebay. Don\'t know if its exact OEM spoilers thou.

Things get expensive because, dealer wants profit, Mazda of Canada wants a cut, Government of Canada wants a cut and finally Mazda of Japan wants a cut. And thats why you have a $67 piece of plastic thats $500. :D