PDA

View Full Version : Satelite Radios

AFbunnie
03-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Hey...

I\'m juss wondering if anyone has added in a satelite radio in their car.. I\'m thinking of getting one for my car but not sure if its worth it for me to invest in.. Any comments???

Ex-Rolla
03-19-2005, 11:18 AM
I don\'t have it installed, but there is one on display at Lockdown and it looks pretty nice. While i was there i was playing around with it, and the number of music channels is amazing. With any satelite radio system you have to subscribe on a monthly basis. I think it would be worth the money if you spend A LOT of time in your car. If you spend only about an hour or so in your car, I would spend the 12 dollars a month elswhere.

medic3
06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
I have a clarion head unit with sirius module and I love it. It\'s well worth it. You pick the music you would like to hear. Now that they are available in Canada should be easier to get. I saw some in Ottawa at Derands but they were asking outrageous prices. The module I got from Cardomain for 50$US was 499.99$ Cdn. Don\'t get taken.

TheProfessor
06-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Contact Eurojet.....he has XM in his 3 and it\'s awesome.

AFbunnie
06-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Thanks~

Lockdown has them now so I\'m gonna go back and check them out. They only had sirus the last time around...

LOCKDOWN-P5
06-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Hello Everyone

We now have both SIRIUS and XM radio\'s on demo in our showroom! Feel free to stop by anytime to check them out!

Regards

LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

RedRaptor
08-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Jeff,

Just curious, how would one get a subscription to Sirius or XM? I thought that Sirius and XM are coming to Canada this fall/winter. However the Sirius that comes here is going to have like 90% Canadian content...

If I was to get a kit installed by you guys, would I have the \"real\" Sirius and XM with American content? And how would subscription work?

LOCKDOWN-P5
08-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Hello Everyone

Currently all the satellite radios we sell/install/set-up here at LOCKDOWN are American content only. As the Canadian satellite radio has not been released yet, I cannot speculate on what sort of content will be available. We\'ll have to wait and see on that one. In terms of requiring an American address, this is just a formality and an address will be provided to you here at LOCKDOWN. What is necessary however is, a valid credit card and a valid email address. If you have both of these, then you can have satellite radio.

We encourage everyone who has any questions on this to give us a call directly here at LOCKDOWN and we would be glad to help you out.

Regards

Jeff Bates

Illmatic
08-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by LOCKDOWN-P5

Hello Everyone

Currently all the satellite radios we sell/install/set-up here at LOCKDOWN are American content only. As the Canadian satellite radio has not been released yet, I cannot speculate on what sort of content will be available. We\'ll have to wait and see on that one. In terms of requiring an American address, this is just a formality and an address will be provided to you here at LOCKDOWN. What is necessary however is, a valid credit card and a valid email address. If you have both of these, then you can have satellite radio.

We encourage everyone who has any questions on this to give us a call directly here at LOCKDOWN and we would be glad to help you out.

Regards

Jeff Bates

Any pictures of installations you can post up? I\'m wondering how the install would look on a 3. What are the starting prices for the unit(s) and installation?

RedRaptor
08-24-2005, 10:01 PM
I wrote up a How To for the installation for a OEM Factory Sirius Tuner. For those interested, you can look at it here (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3369)