PDA

View Full Version : TM3 Meet #9

Xenon
03-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Toronto Mazda3 Official Car Meet Announcement

Toronto Mazda3 Car Meet #9
Interchange Entertainment Complex, Concord (Highway 400/Highway 7)
Saturday, April 30, 2005
4:00 PM

Notes:
Eastside and Westside Pre-Meets will be planned for one hour prior to commencing the official meet. More details on the pre-meet are available here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1938). All are welcome to attend. An announcement will be made in the Toronto/Saturday Star within a month prior to the meet.

Schedule of Events:
3:00 PM - Eastside Pre-Meet, Kennedy Commons, Scarborough
3:00 PM - Westside Pre-Meet, AMC Courtney Park, Mississauga
3:15 PM - Eastside Pre-Meet Departs for Interchange Entertainment Complex, Concord
3:30 PM - Westside Pre-Meet Departs for Interchange Entertainment Complex, Concord
4:00 PM - All Members Arrive at Interchange for the Official Meet
?:?? PM - Cruise Departs from Interchange Entertainment Complex

Reminders:
Bring your camera(s)! (Still and Video!)
Bring an FRS Handheld Communications Radio if you have one. It will be useful during the cruises.
Please Bring a printed sheet of paper with your Real Name; TM3 Handle; Make, Model & Trim of your car; and any mods done to the vehicle.

Location Information:
Meet location is in the southwestern end of the parking lot, in front of Bally Total Fitness and west of Dave & Busters. This is the first time an Official Meet has been held at this location, however, it is the same location as the stubby antanna pickup and the Xenon Interior Bulb Pick-up. Additional Location information is available here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=887).

------------------------------------------------------

Next Meet (#10) Vitals:
Proposed Date/Time: Saturday, May 28, 2005 at 4:00 PM (Tentitive: Conflicts with May 24 weekend)
Location: Kennedy Commons; Hwy. 401 & Kennedy Rd. - Default Eastside Meet Location

J-Wo
03-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Jason and I just stumbled upon this site after lurking around mazda3forums.com for a while. I just picked up my new 2005 GT hatch 4AT in indigo blue last week from Avante Richmond Hill and I couldn\'t be a happier camper! I\'d love to attend one of these meets and see what cool mods some people have for their cars, but I also want to learn a lot. This is my first new car, I\'m hoping to meet people that know of good places in Markham for servicing, just in case I need it down the line.

Anyway just wanted to post a little shout out and bring up my post count to 1!

majic
03-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by J-Wo

Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Jason and I just stumbled upon this site after lurking around mazda3forums.com for a while. I just picked up my new 2005 GT hatch 4AT in indigo blue last week from Avante Richmond Hill and I couldn\'t be a happier camper! I\'d love to attend one of these meets and see what cool mods some people have for their cars, but I also want to learn a lot. This is my first new car, I\'m hoping to meet people that know of good places in Markham for servicing, just in case I need it down the line.

before i go on and flame you :) i would like to http://sawicki.netrulon.com/images/smileys/welcome.gif you first :D

now you\'re really lucky you somehow tied your post to the \'meet\' heh.. j/k anyway.. whatever you do DO NOT GO TO MARKHAM MAZDA for service.. a few members have been quite dissatisfied.. read akz\'s experience here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1717#26378)

the search feature will soon become your friend.. have a go at it here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php) and roam around and get used to a bit more structure than on m3f and a tighter community.. might wanna add yourself to the roll call for meet 9 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1938) - it\'s not necessary but you can up your post count to 2 :)

Xenon
03-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by J-Wo

My brother\'s nickname is J-Wo :sarc
Short for Jason Wong

wtom
04-04-2005, 03:20 AM
I went to this meet location on Saturday at around 3pm (to go to the Ikea that is there) and noticed the Bally\'s parking lot wasn\'t quite as empty as the meet we had in February. The AMC parking lot, however, had more than half of its lot empty, especially the north-most aisle which spans at least 30 cars wide.

THUS ... if you arrive at 400 and 7 AMC Interchange at 4pm and cannot find TM3 members standing outside of their 3\'s in the Bally\'s parking lot, drive over to the AMC lot and we might be there instead.

Xenon
04-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by wtom

I went to this meet location on Saturday at around 3pm (to go to the Ikea that is there) and noticed the Bally\'s parking lot wasn\'t quite as empty as the meet we had in February. The AMC parking lot, however, had more than half of its lot empty, especially the north-most aisle which spans at least 30 cars wide.

THUS ... if you arrive at 400 and 7 AMC Interchange at 4pm and cannot find TM3 members standing outside of their 3\'s in the Bally\'s parking lot, drive over to the AMC lot and we might be there instead.

Just another reason why FRS Radios come in handy :)

-RJ3-
04-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

Just another reason why FRS Radios come in handy :)

As the westend rep, during our March meet...I parked at our regular spot and flagged the 3\'s to go to the bigger area.

Now its your turn WTOM!!! LOL!!!! I\'ll help you too if need be.

:D

wtom
04-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by -RJ3-

As the westend rep, during our March meet...I parked at our regular spot and flagged the 3\'s to go to the bigger area.

Now its your turn WTOM!!! LOL!!!! I\'ll help you too if need be.

No probs with me to do that. We don\'t have a central rep right?

Xenon, how about making/selling TM3 FRS radios? hahaha

SoopaBanana
04-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I\'m definitely too much of a n00b to be a rep, but since I\'m downtown I wouldn\'t mind organizing something in central...

Still, I\'d like to see the day where 30 Mazda3s cruise down Bloor/Yonge....

wtom
04-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SoopaBanana

I\'m definitely too much of a n00b to be a rep, but since I\'m downtown I wouldn\'t mind organizing something in central...

Still, I\'d like to see the day where 30 Mazda3s cruise down Bloor/Yonge....

Have you seen me do much at the meets? Nada... at most it was RAFFLE TICKETS, GET YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS!!! ... you weren\'t there but it was on November 26th of last year. :D

Cruise is always awesome but in the middle of the city, we\'ll cause chaos. That and EVERY SINGLE driver will need an FRS radio. That is required!

SoopaBanana
04-05-2005, 02:22 PM
interesting... Are we having any events this time? Raffle, driving range, etc?

wtom
04-05-2005, 02:33 PM
I\'ll see if I can get some more air fresheners to raffle off... or if a sponsor wouldn\'t mind to provide a small item to raffle off? :D

Kager
04-07-2005, 06:10 PM
sounds nice~ i might go..

dredd2099
04-08-2005, 12:44 PM
movie meet!

dredd2099
04-08-2005, 12:46 PM

I\'ll see if I can get some more air fresheners to raffle off... or if a sponsor wouldn\'t mind to provide a small item to raffle off? :D

can i b in on the raffle!?!
:p

mebbe i can sponsor too
hmm...bottle of beer? can of coke? bootleg dvd?
:)

dredd2099
04-11-2005, 07:29 PM
no luv

wtom
04-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Are you gonna finally show at one of our meets, dredd? I\'ve yet to meet you! :p

dredd2099
04-11-2005, 10:08 PM
^i kno eh
always want to go but somethin always comes up
but since i have shirts to sell
mayb thatll b more incentive for me to go

wtom
04-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Can you find someone to make smelly Tofu and other street-side vendor food stuffs at the meet too? Muahahaha...

Originally posted by dredd2099

but since i have shirts to sell
mayb thatll b more incentive for me to go

got some LaCoste/Ralph Lauren golf shirts for sale
male - all sizes, female - all sizes (slim fit available)
50 for LaCoste (get 3 for 120), 40 for RL (3 for 100)
all funds CDN

SoopaBanana
04-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Hmm... actually I don\'t mind a Lacoste golf shirt... Golf season\'s here now isn\'t it?

Alright so we still haven\'t settled for an event... TM3 Karaoke? lol lol lol

Xenon
04-17-2005, 10:31 PM
wtom: TM3 FRS huh? haha that would be interesting.... get them mica painted tomatch the car :p

lukel90
04-24-2005, 02:04 AM
well i hope to meet everyone there..my first meet..im a little excited.

nifty6
04-26-2005, 12:18 PM
If it rains will the meet be rescheduled?

lukel90
04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
if it rains im pretty sure it will be as no one wants to stand out in the rain getting drenched. But looking at the weather, its shoulndt rain this weekend/

MazdaTree
04-26-2005, 11:09 PM
if it rains we\'ll all sit in our cars and chat on FRS:p
juss joking... we would prolly cruise to somewhere indoors and chill there

wtom
04-27-2005, 10:02 AM
The Weather Network (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAON0696.htm) is saying it\'s gonna rain on Saturday. :(

If anything we can cruise to a covered parking garage or underground parking lot. Anyone know of any around the 400 and 7 area?

AFbunnie
04-27-2005, 08:16 PM
I know.. stupid question.... What are FRS?? Am I correct to assume that they\' are high tech walkie talkies???

MazdaTree
04-27-2005, 11:47 PM
correct:)

wtom
04-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by AFbunnie

I know.. stupid question.... What are FRS?? Am I correct to assume that they\' are high tech walkie talkies???

Heheheheh they\'re not high tech at all. Just set them to the channel the rest of us are using and push and hold the button to talk. Let go of button when done speaking. Other people will respond. When the channel is silent (open) feel free to push/hold and talk again. :)

dredd2099
04-28-2005, 03:47 PM

how bout the joystik i have for sale
no ones gettin it
might as well donate it for a good cause no?

Axela Mazda 3
04-28-2005, 11:38 PM
hi...i joined this forum about a month ago...i will be joining the official meet on saturday...hope i am welcomed too since no one knows who i am!!!...
i don\'t have much mods yet...but so far i got tein high tech springs installed

wtom
04-29-2005, 12:30 AM
More than welcome Axela Mazda 3! If we could, it\'d be perfect if every single member of TorontoMazda3 could show up at our meets! :D

See you there as well as anyone else who has the time and slightest interest in checking out a parking lot full of Mazda3s, modded or not!

AFbunnie
04-29-2005, 09:06 AM
It\'s gonna rain!~!! BOOOOOOOO!!! :(

Hypothrml
04-29-2005, 11:37 AM
As for Covered parking area, there\'s a company just off Hurontario and Britannia that Meth, RJ3, and I go to race our xmods, maybe we can use that place. I don\'t remember the name of the building, maybe Meth of RJ3 knows.

wtom
04-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Weather Forecast is LIGHT RAIN. Everyone just bring an umbrella to keep this simple.

PlatMS6
04-29-2005, 07:27 PM
hey will the pedal gb stuff be there?

///M
04-30-2005, 12:01 AM
hmmm...I wasn\'t planning to come but I might be able to make it now so I might drop by

m_a_t_r_i_x
04-30-2005, 12:15 AM
rain or shine im dropping-by..........

dredd2099
04-30-2005, 12:18 AM
lol
even for being \'somewhat free\'
nobody likes the stik
oh wellz

mEtH
04-30-2005, 12:30 AM
hypo is talking bout the ingrim building across from the purolator building. Its a 3 level parking lot seems to always be quiet when we go there.

-RJ3-
04-30-2005, 07:58 AM
We only had 3 3\'s parked there. If they see 20 + I think the rent-a-cops would show up.

If we do go I\'d say park at the lower level facing hurontario street.

emc
04-30-2005, 01:52 PM
meh ... i can\'t go today :( i am stuck here at work again until close. Crap, do we have a date on the next meet so i can book it off? I really wanna go ...

Nonetheless, it is a super crappy day out, cold and rainy! I hope you guys find somewhere covered to go, and hope its a good turnout ... ugh

-RJ3-
04-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by emc

meh ... i can\'t go today :( i am stuck here at work again until close. Crap, do we have a date on the next meet so i can book it off? I really wanna go ...

Nonetheless, it is a super crappy day out, cold and rainy! I hope you guys find somewhere covered to go, and hope its a good turnout ... ugh

Wheres your work we can cruise up to your area LOL!!!!:p

g_g
04-30-2005, 02:46 PM
hey guys,

Something has come up and im not gonna be able to make it either. Next one for sure though!

-RJ3-
04-30-2005, 02:52 PM
ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH STUPID RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I\'m going for sure....LEXTASY!!!!!!

dredd2099
04-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by emc

meh ... i can\'t go today :(

ditto

and if interested, imma bring my raffle \'donation\' next time

-RJ3-
04-30-2005, 02:57 PM
BUMP!!!!! STUPID RAIN!!!!!!!

dredd2099
04-30-2005, 03:00 PM
^ur late alrdy sir
get movin...

PlatMS6
04-30-2005, 03:05 PM
bumpity

im gonna go straight to the main gtg...got late from work :(

Electra-fire
04-30-2005, 04:27 PM
OH MAN....
I must be totally BARRIE cause I was at the AMC where we have met before just off the 400 for 45mins
and I didn\'t see anyone???? I was there from 2:45 to 3:30...

3:00 PM - Westside Pre-Meet, AMC Courtney Park, Mississauga.... is this a different one then the one I was at???

:(
I hate missing out on stuff!!!! D\'oh...
Just got home now.... Tried, grumpy, and wet....

Oh well next time..

How was it????

Electra-fire
04-30-2005, 04:45 PM
yep i totally screwed up the time and location....

Zaku_4
04-30-2005, 05:00 PM
umm,,
wtf lol no wonder i saw all these 3\'s heading to the interchange i was like \" wtf is there a meet today?\" hahaha i passed all of you guys =/ lol oh well next time

m_a_t_r_i_x
04-30-2005, 09:31 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/m_a_t_r_i_x/TM3meetApr3005.jpg

m_a_t_r_i_x
04-30-2005, 09:34 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/m_a_t_r_i_x/IMG_0515.jpg

BETRTHNU
04-30-2005, 10:03 PM
I love the way mine looks with no license plate...damn...i don\'t want to put it back on....

m_a_t_r_i_x
04-30-2005, 10:14 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/m_a_t_r_i_x/IMG_0493.jpg

yup thats y i took a pic of ur car.....juz plug those holes...

mazda3boss
05-01-2005, 12:00 PM
well so much for been all crazy to go, but i couldnt... was at hospital all day and i cant drive

so next time and hopefully the weather is better so the sun will shine on their shiny bodies and blind us all lol

firstmazda
05-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by mazda3boss

well so much for been all crazy to go, but i couldnt... was at hospital all day and i cant drive

so next time and hopefully the weather is better so the sun will shine on their shiny bodies and blind us all lol

Geez, you alright?? I hope so!
Poor car, no one to drive it. If you want, any of us will take good
care of it! :p

No, but seriously, I hope everything\'s okay with you!

Ray

mazda3boss
05-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by firstmazda

Originally posted by mazda3boss

Geez, you alright?? I hope so!
Poor car, no one to drive it. If you want, any of us will take good
care of it! :p

No, but seriously, I hope everything\'s okay with you!

Ray

ye i\'m alright, always becareful when u walk along a parking lot trying to find ur car cause others might hit u

bubba1983
05-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Electra-fire

Just got home now.... Tried, grumpy, and wet....

now, what on earth were you wet for? hehehe