PDA

View Full Version : any windshield wiper recommendations?

s_h_a_o_l_i_n
03-21-2005, 12:56 AM
I\'m planning to change my windscreen wipers cuz u all know, the stock ones suck. I\'m really clueless abt which ones to get. Are the crappy tire ones any good? or should i go for the ones in pmall i.e. piaa or whatever? thanks guys.

Ex-Rolla
03-21-2005, 01:14 AM
I really like the Reflex wipers from canadian tire... Unfortunately every canadian tire i checked is sold out. I bought the passenger side, still waiting for the drivers side.

majic
03-21-2005, 01:52 AM
i spoke with Dr. Butcher at the meet and he loves the reflex ones.. albeit 20bux a pop.

i think the stock wiper BLADES are OK BUT the arms suck and i have the \'updated\' ones. i think i\'m going to try the spring that keeps the wiper firmly attached to the windshield..

s_h_a_o_l_i_n
03-21-2005, 09:23 AM
hang on, so if i get the reflex ones, do they come with the blade or the arms too? and I just hook em on rite?

majic
03-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by s_h_a_o_l_i_n

hang on, so if i get the reflex ones, do they come with the blade or the arms too? and I just hook em on rite?

the whole shebang..

i do NOT think the blade is replacable, so you need to get the whole \'set\' (blade and arm all in one)

bubba1983
03-21-2005, 10:58 AM
that apring to hold the wiper firmer down on teh window is the best god damn invention ever!!! enuff said!

tommy36
03-22-2005, 06:03 PM
I just bought the new trico ones here in the states. They are the new design ones that are just a piece of pre-bent metal, with a blade attached to it. NO HINGES. They work amazing, they follow all the contours of the windshield. Cost about $15.00 each US though. Well worth it though.....:)

majic
03-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by tommy36

I just bought the new trico ones here in the states. They are the new design ones that are just a piece of pre-bent metal, with a blade attached to it. NO HINGES. They work amazing, they follow all the contours of the windshield. Cost about $15.00 each US though. Well worth it though.....:)

where can you get them? can you pls give some details.. my dad\'s coming up in a few days so maybe i can get them.. thx!!!

FLIPDADY
03-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Just picked up the Piaa silicone one\'s today. I haven\'t installed them yet but as soon as it rains I\'ll give an update.

civiclad
03-23-2005, 04:41 PM
I\'m using the Teflon wipers from Canadian Tire and they are perfect.

Dr Butcher
03-23-2005, 05:57 PM
The stock blade material picks up so much grit, that they leave streaks. You can wipe the blades clean every now and then and it\'ll make things better. I was in the market for winter blades and the reflex blades fit the bill. They are low profile so \'wind lift\' isn\'t an issue, I\'ve had them on since November and they\'ve barely left a streak on my windshield since. I switch blades from summer to winter every fall but these\'ll last me until they wear out. The extra few bucks I spent on them will more than pay me back because they\'re perfect for every season....

s_h_a_o_l_i_n
03-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Anyone have ANY idea where to find the 21\" reflex blade? I saw 16\", 17\", 19\" (passenger side), and 20\" At canadian tire today. They seem to be pretty sold out??

Ex-Rolla
03-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by s_h_a_o_l_i_n

Anyone have ANY idea where to find the 21\" reflex blade? I saw 16\", 17\", 19\" (passenger side), and 20\" At canadian tire today. They seem to be pretty sold out??

You\'re just goinna have to chack back... I\'ve been waiting for my driver side for a month now

ZoomZoom Girl
04-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

The stock blade material picks up so much grit, that they leave streaks. You can wipe the blades clean every now and then and it\'ll make things better. I was in the market for winter blades and the reflex blades fit the bill. They are low profile so \'wind lift\' isn\'t an issue, I\'ve had them on since November and they\'ve barely left a streak on my windshield since. I switch blades from summer to winter every fall but these\'ll last me until they wear out. The extra few bucks I spent on them will more than pay me back because they\'re perfect for every season....

Which sizing did you install? I think I\'ll check the Canadian Tire stores in Sudbury for these reflex wipers once I know which size to shop for....:sarc

FLIPDADY
04-01-2005, 09:50 AM
The PIAA ones work great plus the fact that they leave a silicone coating on the windshield. The sizes are 21\" for the driver and 19\" for the passenger side.

bluntman
04-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Where can I find the PIAA wipers?

billyfo
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
If you need 21\", CT at Rutherford opposite to Vaughan Mills has several as I checked it yesterday.

Coaster
04-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Parts Source in Mississauga has a bunch of the 21\" Trico blades in stock

ZoomZoom Girl
04-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

The PIAA ones work great plus the fact that they leave a silicone coating on the windshield. The sizes are 21\" for the driver and 19\" for the passenger side.

Thanks for the info! I did a search and found this information the day I posted the question. Of course actually locating the Reflex wipers in these sizes is pretty difficult. I found plenty of the 21\" at both Sudbury CT, but no 19\". I\'ll check back often and hope that a shipment comes in soon. Well, on the up side they must be good if most CTs in Ontario are sold out, right? Can\'t wait to actually test them out....