PDA

View Full Version : I dont have DRL now..... what can I do??

Freshjive
04-03-2005, 10:03 PM
I just finish install the HID @ Lockdown.... The Service are GREAT!!!=) but I found out.... I don\'t have DRL...... oops... what can I do??? I can use my FOG as my DRL?? or my HIGH BEAM??? any idea???? thanks =) and the Prolumen kit result was REALLY GOOD.... pic up later =) waiting for good weather...thanks :

bluntman
04-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Use either your fog lights or your high beams.

Freshjive
04-03-2005, 10:17 PM
I think high beam is better than the fog right?

Ex-Rolla
04-03-2005, 10:21 PM
In order for the HID\'s to be installed properly, unfortunately the DRL\'s need to be disabled. What majority of the people here have done, is to have their fog lights wired independantly so they can turn them no/off without having the headlights on. This will still retain the \"auto\" light functionality.

You should have asked Lockdown to do the independant fog mod to act as you r DRL... If you\'re any good with electrical stuff, maybe you can do it yourself using the guide found HERE (http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=11730) .

Ex-Rolla
04-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Freshjive

I think high beam is better than the fog right?

personal preference really

Freshjive
04-03-2005, 10:25 PM
EX ROOLA!!! I am Bored!!! wanna come out!!! lol

Ex-Rolla
04-03-2005, 10:38 PM
As much as i\'d like to help out, I\'m at work right now & I had lockdown do it because it seemed a little too complicated for me!

Freshjive
04-03-2005, 10:39 PM
how much U pay for it inculde the DRL??? I pay 150 already........

Ex-Rolla
04-03-2005, 11:00 PM

That\'s about what I payed.... If you can turn your fog lights on/off without having your full headlight system on, then they did the independant forg mod... Basically you always leave your foglights on so they act as your DRL\'s.

Freshjive
04-03-2005, 11:32 PM
thanks for the idea Rolla..... =P let find a day come out... I wanna comapre Xtec and Prolumen.... hehee

chaser
04-04-2005, 12:10 AM

I think you should have ind fogs then for the $ you paid, though now 100% sure. I drive w/o DRL since Dec 04. If I \"need\" DRL, I turn on the low beam (HID). I plan to do a ind fogs myself when the weather gets warmer.

Ex-Rolla
04-04-2005, 12:41 AM

thanks for the idea Rolla..... =P let find a day come out... I wanna comapre Xtec and Prolumen.... hehee

gonna try and make it to the next meet if i can get the day off.

LOCKDOWN-P5
04-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Hello Everyone

Just wanted to clarify with everyone our H.I.D. installation rates, as I want to make sure that everyone knows exactly what is included with our services:

H.I.D. Installation: $99.99 plus GST
Relay/Relay Harness: $14.99 each ( if needed you will require 2 ) plus GST/PST
Independent Foglight Conversion: $34.99 plus GST

Relays should be added with most HID kits and are a necessity with the XTEC kits. In terms of the DRL system on the Mazda3, it has been our experience that even using relays on the headlight wire used with the DRL system, that problems with HID flickering and malfunction still occurs. Thus, we always use the parking light circuit to trigger the HID system on the Mazda3. This still keeps the AUTO function intact and prevents and problems from happening. Unfortunatly the DRL system is disabled when installed like this, so, the Independent Foglight mod is a highly recommended way to achieve a DRL type light setup.

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

Freshjive
04-04-2005, 12:11 PM
thanks Jeff ... I will come again when my Yellow Fog arrive... thanks for exlpain eveything.....:D