PDA

View Full Version : Another Orange Hatch

OTUA YM
04-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

Just wanted to say hi, and announce the arrival of ANOTHER Sunset Orange Mazda3 Sport GT on to the streets of the GTA in the very near future.

After two months of reading all the Mazda forums (especially this one), and many visits to various dealerships for test drives and info, I finally took the plunge and signed on the dotted line last week. It’s on the rails now.

Having driven a very reliable Honda CRX-Si for the last 17 years (which I still have), it was a tough decision to leave Honda behind. But without a hatch in their line-up, I was forced to look elsewhere and Mazda filled the need very nicely.

At first I was leaning towards getting the Titanium Grey, but there are way too many Silver/Grey cars on the road. I wanted something different, and for me, Sunset Orange was the answer. Its one of those colours you either love or hate. The thing I like about it is that the car changes colour depending on the lighting conditions. The metallic paint is amazing, especially on a sunny day. I also preferred the red/black interior. It’s a better contrast on the seats, and it also blends nicely with all the red gauges on the dash.

After driving a stick and battling daily traffic for many years, I honestly thought my next car would be an automatic. But the Mazda3 is meant to be driven with a stick (just look at the cover of the sales pamphlet), so I just had to go with my heart and buy another 5 speed.

I bought my Mazda3 at Westowne, from Niki.

I had read many good things about him on this board, so I thought I\\\'d seek him out and see if it was true. I must say, Niki was great. Once he knew where I had heard of him from, he was very straightforward and didn\\\'t pressure me at all. I would highly recommend Westowne to anybody interested in buying a Mazda.

Anyways, just want to say thanks to everyone for all the valuable info you have provided me on this board. See you on the streets.

……. By the way, my TM3 ID is the same as my license plate.
You\\\'ll either get it right away.... or you may have to reflect on it for a while !!! :D

bluntman
04-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on choosing the best colour out of all of them!!! :D

TheProfessor
04-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Yup, welcome to the boards......orange is definately a sweet colour. I too left the Honda camp for Mazda a couple of years ago and I am very happy with my decision. Enjoy the car:D

MazdaTree
04-09-2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Welcome to the forum and congrats on choosing the best colour out of all of them!!! :D

congrats my auto:p
and bluntman he didnt say he bought a winning blue:p

iconicrocket
04-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Congrats,

Nice choice of colour too, its quite rare. I did contemplate that colour. But they don\'t have Sunset Orange for sedan in 2005.

I did reflect on your license plate and \"MY AUTO\" is kinda tacky.

:sarc

OTUA YM
04-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by iconicrocket

I did reflect on your license plate and \"MY AUTO\" is kinda tacky.

TACKY ???? :p
The Toronto Star use to do a monthly write up on Vanity Plates.
The writer (George Gamester) picked it as his favorite plate.
Someone had spotted my plate on the road, and actually submitted it into the Star.

Its amazing how many people I see doing a double-take into their side mirror checking out the plate.
Its pretty funny to watch. :D

Ex-Rolla
04-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Good to have you here! congrats on the new car!

billyfo
04-10-2005, 07:57 PM
enjoy your new car. Orange is rare color for our 3, mostly I saw are Silver, T.Grey, Black then now Winning Blue.