PDA

View Full Version : Sedan vs Sport

MAZDA Kitten
04-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Just curious if the sedan and the sport share the same suspension set up?

FLIPDADY
04-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Same suspension parts all the way around.

lukel90
04-11-2005, 08:47 AM
pretty sure its identical. i\'ve read somewhere though that the spring rates for the sport were a little stiffer. I\'ll try to find the article. But i could be wrong. Thinking of getting springs MK.

car_demon
04-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah, considering the SportHatch curbweight avg. 2826lbs, GT Sedan 2762lbs, GX/GS Sedan 2696lbs; the spring rates should be slightly different. Would the GTSport and GT sedan being negligible in 64lbs make a difference in spring rates, compared to 130lbs of the GX/GS?.

I would like to think the engineers would take into consideration the OEM rims fitted and the handling characteristics those lbs and tire/rim combos would produce along with the two engine options offered over the front wheels would make a difference.

You\'ll notice certain aftermarket spring companies will make two differnt lowering springs while others will take the avg. weight and make one to use for both variations of the 3 model.

Somebody check my lbs and math according to their brochure. I gave a quick look at my consolidated Cdn CAA Buyers Guide for quick referencing.

car_demon
04-11-2005, 02:58 PM
CONSOLIDATED DROP SPRING LIST FOR M3 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1597&page=1)