PDA

View Full Version : Airport Mazda - Great Service

civiclad
04-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Took my Mazda 3 for the type 2 (24k) service last Saturday.

Often we hear about the poor level of service coming from most Mazda dealerships, figured it would be appropriate to acknowledge Airport Mazda on a pleasant service experience.

Before we even got started, the service advisor ran a check on my car for any service advisories etc. I had two minor issues with my car, rattling in front passenger door and excessive wind noise coming from the driver side, they were both resolved.
In addition, no greasy steering wheels etc after the service.

Also, they discovered a problem with the alignment and this was fixed – No Charge.

Overall, their service was great.

TheProfessor
04-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Wow, sounds like they are a good dealership to deal with! It\'s good to hear about the good ones, there have been so many complaints about the poor service at Mazda dealerships as of late I was getting a bit discouraged:(

Redhouse
06-04-2005, 11:05 PM
I recently had dealings with them and I was pleased with the service.

civiclad
09-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Follow-up:
This past Saturday (Sept 24), I took my car for the 32K service at Airport Mazda. I did mention to the Service Advisor (Tony) that I had a few issues with my car:

(Build date of April 04)

Harsh Shifting from 1st to 2nd gear
Rattling from front passenger door
Whenever I reverse – there is squeaking noise from the rear brakes, http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda3/docs/0028.pdf

Fuel Cap fix – appears there is an advisory from Mazda about an issue relating to the Fuel Cap

For the Harsh Shifting – had to reprogram my ECU and update with latest code (this is what I was told). There is no longer any harsh shifting, will have to monitor to verify if this issue is permanently resolved. It feels like I have a new car once more, sooo easy to drive and the shifts are smooth.

NO Rattling

Squeaking from Rake brakes – dealer had to order the brake pads as per the Mazda fix. Dealer will notify me once the pads arrive.

This is my fourth time dealing with Airport Mazda and so far, they have maintained a high degree of service.

MAZDA Kitten
09-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Where is airport mazda located? I have windnoise and since they know about it...

TheProfessor
09-26-2005, 10:06 AM
What was wrong with the fuel cap?

civiclad
09-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Where is airport mazda located? I have windnoise and since they know about it...

Here is the address for Airport Mazda:

Airport Mazda of Toronto
415 Rexdale Blvd.
Rexdale, Ontario
M9W 6P8
Phone : (416) 745-0001

civiclad
09-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

What was wrong with the fuel cap?

Not sure what was the problem, but there was some sorta fix from Mazda. Maybe it had something to do with the sensor.

Redhouse
09-27-2005, 08:11 AM
The last time i brought my car into Airport Mazda for a 16k it returned with an additional dent/chip on the hood :( (3/8\"x1/4\" dent w/ 2mmx2mm chip + clearcoat scratches). The service manager and friends proceeded to tell me it was my fault for having other scratches on the car, then gave me their best CSI interpretation on how a projectile could have caused it.

The fact is the dent wasn\'t there when I dropped it off because I scan for stuff like that constantly when I exit. The most damning thing in my mind is the car had a light dirt sheen when it went in and when I went to pickup my car after paying the bill the section with this chip had the dirt removed around it as if someone had tried to \'clean\' or smudge it out.

I haven\'t talked to the GM there about this yet, not sure if it\'s worthwhile.