PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Kit for Mazda3 available

hiboost
04-17-2005, 10:27 PM
We have just finished our turbo Kit for the Mazda 3 and will be released by early May 2005.

The kit did an amazing 290 WHP at 10 psi of boost and with the stock exhaust.

It is a very complete kit and comes with every bolt and nut to bolt it on.

Comes with:

Cast iron manifold
IHI VF22 turbocharger (ball bearing)
Downpipe
Intercooler piping
Front mounted intercooler
Greddy Type RS BOV
Silicone hoses
Haltech E6X computer
Oil lines
etc

The kit requires no cutting or welding and can be easily installed in one day.

for any information please e mail us at info@hiboost.com

Juan Oviedo
HiBoost Turbo Systems, Inc

SoopaBanana
04-17-2005, 10:33 PM
How much?

hiboost
04-17-2005, 10:44 PM
The price is $4,200.00 USD

PlatMS6
04-17-2005, 10:56 PM
wow thats a lot of cash: 5,215.98 Canadian dollars

within a months time u will need a beefed up clutch and that u can count on for sure

so approx 6500$

MazdaTree
04-17-2005, 10:59 PM
what do you have to mod to put it on an auto?

majic
04-17-2005, 11:39 PM
a bit more info about it and 2 movies (dyno runs) can be found here (http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105103)

also at safer 5psi it made 200WHP

hiboost
04-18-2005, 09:11 PM
The clutch is actually very good. It is holding the 290 pretty well. The kit will be producing aropund 220 and the clutch should be fine for long time.

It is a kit loaded with good components. It is not cheap, but it is the best for the money.

The kit is well worth $5,500.00 USD It comes with a Haltech E6X system, IHI Ball bearing turbo, Huge front mounted Spearco intercooler and Greddy Type RS blow off valve.

wtom
04-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Reminder this is the same company that produced the Turbo kit for the Proteges!!! Very reputable!

Contact info to all interested;
info@hiboost.com
www.hiboost.com

1-866-77-TURBO
Fax: (562) 864-7617

Zaku_4
04-19-2005, 12:00 AM
man,

this is EXACTLY the kind of mod i was looking for. lol all show, no go = blahh. lol i want to add some GO but i have no money =p.

diuu =( lol oh well ill start saving =)

TheProfessor
04-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Wow, that is a very nice kit, good quality components too. $5,500USD may seem high, but once you start pricing out ball bearing turbo\'s and FMIC\'s, you see that the costs add upin a hurry.

Xenon
04-19-2005, 11:22 AM
$5K isn\'t that bad for a turbo... It can be justified for 290 HP.... but with the smaller boost to 200 HP, I don\'t know if it\'s as appealing anymore.

TheProfessor
04-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Just to give some reference....when I had my civic I purchased a turbo kit (GReddy), had a custom FMIC made, and the entire thing ended up costing me about $3000CAD installed, and it netted me around 170 whp and 136 lbs. ft of torque at the wheels. Not bad for a ten year old SOHC, but not anything like this kit. You always get what you pay for. Personally though, I think this company should offer a slightly less expensive kit as many customers may not require a ball bearing turbo, a Type RS BOV (Type S would suffice), and a smaller FMIC. A little cutting here and there and I\'m sure you could get the cost down by at least $1K USD or so, which would likely make a difference to quite a few potential customers.

wtom
04-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Did you get much heat from the cops for the FMIC?

And how did you go about with your insurance company after being turbo\'ed?

When you start cutting corners for cost, the overall performance/quality will drop too. Turbo is not meant for the average enthusiast.

profusion
04-19-2005, 06:31 PM
I seen the the video clip of this kit on the dyno and looks good. Also judging by the many protege owners praise Hi Boost for there setup, reliability and performance. I woud love to have this turbo the price is average compared to most systems out there for other makes. The only think holding me back is my warenty still on my car. I can preaty sure garentee that if I had a problem even unrelated to the turbo that cause tranny probs or engine faliure.. you can gareente you will need to dip in your pocket.
to pay for it because you cant hid our turbo when you bring it into the dealer.

So to really think about it in a more easier way.

Get the turbo ! for get about warenty and hope that if you drive your car now like a 16 year old high school kid and your engine or tranny doesnt fail.

OR..

Wait until warenty is finished and risk it after knowning you got the most out of your warenty for the next few years.

Because in the end you will need to have 5k for this turbo setup plus another 6 k or more for any possible engine or tranny damages you will do to the car.

Because in the end.. who the hell will put a turbo in the car on not give it reall spin?? I know I would!!

Still need time.. I do belive this is a great turbo though!

hiboost
04-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Just to give some reference....when I had my civic I purchased a turbo kit (GReddy), had a custom FMIC made, and the entire thing ended up costing me about $3000CAD installed, and it netted me around 170 whp and 136 lbs. ft of torque at the wheels. Not bad for a ten year old SOHC, but not anything like this kit. You always get what you pay for. Personally though, I think this company should offer a slightly less expensive kit as many customers may not require a ball bearing turbo, a Type RS BOV (Type S would suffice), and a smaller FMIC. A little cutting here and there and I\'m sure you could get the cost down by at least $1K USD or so, which would likely make a difference to quite a few potential customers.

I wish that newer cars were as easy as turbocharging a ten year old civic. The new ECUs are almost impossible to trick, most people want a ball bearing now and the compression being so high, you need to cool the air as much as possible with a huge intercooler. Also the Type S has been replaced by the RS. The only way to tune the car was by using a Haltech E6X (worth USD$1,400.00).

Our kit is easily comnpared to USD$6,000.00 kits available for other cars.

TheProfessor
04-20-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by wtom

Did you get much heat from the cops for the FMIC?

And how did you go about with your insurance company after being turbo\'ed?

When you start cutting corners for cost, the overall performance/quality will drop too. Turbo is not meant for the average enthusiast.

I had a fairly small FMIC (from a Starion in Japan), and it was hidden behind a mesh grill. You could still make it out, but it wasn\'t as blatently obvious as some of them I\'ve seen. As for insurance, I did not tell them. I was gonna get screwed one way or the other, either in higher premiums (that\'s if they don\'t cut me off altogether), or screwed when/if I had to make a claim down the road. Dangerous game, I know, which is why I said screw it to the whole modding scene. What I suggested above is not necessarily going to affect the quality of the kit, it was merely suggesting that cheaper components could be used. Ball bearing turbo\'s are great, they spool up super quick, but they are not necessary. And as for turbo\'s not being for the average person, I\'m not so sure. GReddy manages to sell craploads of turbo\'s because they sell a complete kit, mean to work seamlessly with a stock car, including things like retaining the air conditioning, which many other kits do not. I guarentee you that half of all GReddy kit owners have no idea what the difference is between their \"blue box\' and an AEM EMS.

I\'m not bashing hiboost here, I give them props for coming out with such a great kit at a reasonable (to me) price. I am saying however that there is a larger market that I think they are missing by only offering a \"cream of the crop\" type of kit.

PlatMS6
04-20-2005, 10:19 AM
lol all i have us 12k left for bumper to bumper and 52k left for powertrain so in about a year i will be naked :D ....if the car handles the power (we will see after ppl start running these) i will probably get a custom kit with the help of a few knowlageable(sp?) friends :) i believe 230whp max is the most you should run with this car, after that go get an awd car.... i would aim for 210-220whp for a comfortable daily driver with some powa when u need it :)

wtom
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Videos...

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/60%20to%20100%20mph.wmv

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/Mazda%203%20Launching%20in%20wet.wmv

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/Tach%20Climbing.wmv

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/Mazda3%20Boosting%201.wmv

wtom
05-10-2005, 01:47 PM
DRY LAUNCH VIDEOS!!!

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/Dry%20Launching%204.wmv

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/dry%20launchin%203.wmv

str8sloppy
03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Are there any additional modifications that are going to be required in order to put this on an automatic? If not then I wouldn't mind picking one up after my deployment. That isn't a bad price for the entire kit. I have done a lot of research for the past year or two and a good turbo by itself runs about 2k - 3k. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places lol.

On a side note and just out of curiosity, what would be the best to put in with the least amount of honest repairs needing to be done. A Supercharger or Turbo? Just wanted to toss that up in the air and see what comes out of it.

Donutz
03-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Don't think about FI as a 'least amount of cash' type of scenario; you need money to buy the kit, peripherals, tune it, repair what blows up, and you need patience. I think you have been looking in the wrong places on the internet; Hiboost is long gone, and a good quality kit will run you in the high $3K - high $4k (for the kit alone). Your absolute best bet for a kit is Tripoint.

Aside from that, I would suggest researching a built tranny. You very likely will chew through yours in a short timeframe. Auto's on this car do not hold up well to FI.

There was one attempt at a supercharger kit from a company that went under (F2). As of now, a number of people who paid in advance for their kits have not received the kit, in its entirety, and have not gotten their money back.

The best scenario, if you are concerned about cost, is to sell your car and buy a used first gen speed 3.

str8sloppy
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Very good to know. I'm deployed right now, just trying to do some homework for when I get back. I'm looking into FI but honestly don't know what route to take. I thought about getting a '11 MS3 but a used one would be a lot better I think for the money and play time being it was already broken in. My friend told me about these forums so I figured I would test the waters and see what bites. Good to know though with the tips on FI for an auto. Any good sites to look into?

Donutz
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
This will get you started on tranny research (no homo): http://www.lentechautomatics.com/

Turbo: http://www.tripointengineering.com/information.php?info_id=1

str8sloppy
03-02-2011, 05:10 PM
lol Good looking on the website and the (no homo)

standsideways
03-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Are there any additional modifications that are going to be required in order to put this on an automatic? If not then I wouldn't mind picking one up after my deployment. That isn't a bad price for the entire kit. I have done a lot of research for the past year or two and a good turbo by itself runs about 2k - 3k. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places lol.

On a side note and just out of curiosity, what would be the best to put in with the least amount of honest repairs needing to be done. A Supercharger or Turbo? Just wanted to toss that up in the air and see what comes out of it.

Go onto mazda3forums and start reading, there is a modification needed for the auto and i believe it is the intercooler piping that runs under the tranny/engine..

Also take a look at the "boosted members" thread and note that all of the boosted automatics Are now not boosted.

If your going to boost the auto and u plan on driving it fast, you better get yourself some serious $!

Tripoint kit+built lentech tranny+ labor= price of a used manual 3i

Also if your gonna boost your better off with the 2.0 or get ready for con.rods and bearings for the 2.3

Default User
03-02-2011, 07:02 PM
at least he searched before posting :thumpup

cooper22
03-09-2011, 12:52 AM
For that kind of money and considering you will need a beefed up clutch and need to probabley replace other parts because of the hp gain why not just by the speed 3 instead of going through the hassel of making a average 3 something its not.... is it not more reasonable to save a little longer or just originally buy a mazda speed 3?:loco

Donutz
03-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Who are you giving stink eye to? He has an automatic (no clutch)...

shu5892001
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
For that kind of money and considering you will need a beefed up clutch and need to probabley replace other parts because of the hp gain why not just by the speed 3 instead of going through the hassel of making a average 3 something its not.... is it not more reasonable to save a little longer or just originally buy a mazda speed 3?:loco

Isn't that what modding is? Making your car different and unique from the rest of them? Hell you can tell all the people with 2.0 to get a 2.3 instead of spending the money on intake, header, exhaust to squeeze the extra 10-15 hp. Or you can tell all the people with 2.3 and mods to just get a Civic Si.

Why are people even modding cars? Base on your logic anyone that mods cars should just get a Bugatti Veryron, then there is no "why not get this"... and that...

str8sloppy
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
To be honest I thought about buying a MS3 but I honestly have a lot of money in the car as it is. This is just the final touch on the car. As for "why not just by the speed 3 instead of going through the hassel of making a average 3 something its not", that's the reason why I'm doing it. I want to make something that's not to something that people didn't expect to see or do. I'm probably sure that someone has already done it somewhere but I just want to be different. That's what makes it all fun. Finding things and doing all the "add-ons" per say your self. It's more a hobby to see what can and can't be done. Just going out and buying something that people know has a turbo in it or has a lot of HP stock takes all the fun out of it. I'd rather someone be caught of guard by something they won't expect.

str8sloppy
03-09-2011, 09:33 PM
This is what I have so far, aside of the body kit. Already went through 3 different ones. Just get bored with the body kits and want to give something else to look at yuh know? I know it's costly but it's fun so see what comes out of it in the end.
https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=12e74dff45046b1c

gotak
03-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Your link's broken.

BTW. Did those hiboost claims ever worked out into real life? I mean seems weird to me the direct injected 2.3 turbo in the speed 3 is only good for 263 with 15 psi while this aftermarket kit claims 290 with only 10 psi.

Also to the NP (new poster, necromancy poster) hope you understand that there's more to going fast than just horsepower. The Speed 3 design, especially in gen 2, isn't just a big engine in a mazda 3. Without the LSD and with traction control fully off a turboed regular mazda 3 would be one heck of a good tire shredder. And if the traction control's on you might find your transaxle fail not so much from the power but from drive chain shock as your brakes are used to try and keep one wheel from spinning too much. Overall I think you'll find while it might be unique it's not going to be the most daily livable car.

midnightfxgt
03-10-2011, 10:22 AM
A boosted 3 is perfectly fine as a daily driver :)

str8sloppy
03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok. Lets try this again. If it doesn't work this time. You can check it out at Cardomain.com. Here is the link.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/644/3109/39109054001_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/644/3109/39109054001_medium.jpg

standsideways
03-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Your link's broken.

BTW. Did those hiboost claims ever worked out into real life? I mean seems weird to me the direct injected 2.3 turbo in the speed 3 is only good for 263 with 15 psi while this aftermarket kit claims 290 with only 10 psi.

Also to the NP (new poster, necromancy poster) hope you understand that there's more to going fast than just horsepower. The Speed 3 design, especially in gen 2, isn't just a big engine in a mazda 3. Without the LSD and with traction control fully off a turboed regular mazda 3 would be one heck of a good tire shredder. And if the traction control's on you might find your transaxle fail not so much from the power but from drive chain shock as your brakes are used to try and keep one wheel from spinning too much. Overall I think you'll find while it might be unique it's not going to be the most daily livable car.
Why does it seem odd that a speed 3 makes less than a hiboost 2.3.... Different turbo different manifold,aftermarket exhaust,performance centered tune,different intake...... Nissans v6 twin turbo makes a hell of alot more than fords right!

JMac
07-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Ok, stupid question, probably over reaching, but does Hiboost still make this kit?

midnightfxgt
07-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Ok, stupid question, probably over reaching, but does Hiboost still make this kit?

No, they havent for quite some time. blue3 has a car for sale for $3000 with a Tripoint (I believe) kit installed. If serious about boost, it might be worth a look, Even just for the parts, and sell the stock version of the car after.

Hyperion
07-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Considering the price of a kit.
Buying that car, taking out the kit, putting your stock parts back into the car and selling it, yoi could have a free kit.

JMac
07-27-2015, 01:24 PM
That's true. Or at least a very inexpensive kit.

DemonWolf55
11-16-2015, 12:32 PM
hey all just wondering is there a turbo kit for a first gen 2007 mazda 3.... I got a stock engine non turbo 2.3L and new in scene and trying to bring my car up high on life you can say lol.... hope to hear back thanks

midnightfxgt
11-16-2015, 01:43 PM
hey all just wondering is there a turbo kit for a first gen 2007 mazda 3.... I got a stock engine non turbo 2.3L and new in scene and trying to bring my car up high on life you can say lol.... hope to hear back thanks
So many factors, but you're likely better off buying a speed if this is a daily car. HiBoost is gone. TriPoint may still produce a kit

drazen
11-16-2015, 01:48 PM

Buy a speed3

loki
11-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Ebay. Giver'.