PDA

View Full Version : Armour all on dash-Good or Bad?

Effin Itai
04-24-2005, 07:42 PM
My car\'s right side dash panel looks like it is starting to fade and showing some discolouration. When I run my hands across it, it looks like lomg shinny crevases are starting to form. Almost like it is shrinking in. My explanation may not be the greatest but just looking at it frustrats me because I am puzzled by how this started. I was reading up on interior maintenance in the m3 manual and it says. Caution: Do not use any glazing agents because it may discolour the dash. We all use Armour all, but I am wonder if this could have caused the shrinkage. OK! now can anyone tell me what kind of products we are supposed to use to maintain the lustre of the dash without F#!king it up! As you can see, it is starting to get to me. :(

mEtH
04-24-2005, 09:34 PM
good ole swiffer

thr33scompany
04-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by campeotto

We all use Armour all, but I am wonder if this could have caused the shrinkage. OK! now can anyone tell me what kind of products we are supposed to use to maintain the lustre of the dash without F#!king it up! As you can see, it is starting to get to me. :(

hehehe SHRINKAGE!!! sorry...its like saying using armor all on your dash is like you going into a swimming pool!! hehe... anyways.. i use the good ole swiffer myself.. works like a charm.. and you can get a box of 20 sheets at the dollar store. Hope this helps

MAZDA Kitten
04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow thats too bad :(
I *rarely* use ArmorAll and the one I use is LOW GLOSS

PlatMS6
04-24-2005, 11:20 PM
yah i bought the meguires wipes about a month ago and havent used em...i noticed that the rubber like material and plastics absorb oil very well :sarc ...just test it by eating fastfood and even after wiping your hands wiht towels, it will still leave staining....u gotta scrub it with wetwipes to get it off, my concern is that with the meguires wipes it will stain the plastic unevenly over time...so i just clean the inside with wetwipes, it leaves it very clean, just dont do it in the sun or it will leave like a soapy effect

lol the meguires wipes still have that aluminum seal on em:p

TheProfessor
04-25-2005, 02:35 PM
I use the Armorall wipes and they are okay, not the best but they don\'t seem to cause any harm. I have noticed that they sometimes leave streakes on the dash, but I think that\'s only if you use the product in direct sunlight (i.e. the dash is warm/hot).

david3
04-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Thumbs up for meguiars gold class wipes. Oil based, after it \'soaks\' in and dries it looks really good and keeps its finish for a long time. It\'s a little glossy as first, but after using the wipes you can wipe the excess off if you don\'t want that look.

PlatMS6
04-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by david3

Thumbs up for meguiars gold class wipes. Oil based, after it \'soaks\' in and dries it looks really good and keeps its finish for a long time. It\'s a little glossy as first, but after using the wipes you can wipe the excess off if you don\'t want that look.

if its oil based then i dont think it likes the pass panel and behind the speedo...,.since that looks like rubber/plastic to me