PDA

View Full Version : Rail Rust

AFbunnie
04-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Just wanted all to know.....

I\'ve been soooo upset about the stupid rail dust all over the sides of my car for the past 2 weeks. At the time, I had just picked up the car and it didn\'t even feel like new. Even when I glided my hand over the door panels, I felt as though it was sand I was rubbing up against. ( It was also super noticable since the car is white...) BUT!~ then! it just so happens a guy from the dealership called me. A courtesy call to make sure everything was ok.. I expressed to him my sadness about the rail dust. He told me to bring it in....

and voila!! They clay barred it for me!~ No more rail dust~ Looks even more shiny then when I first got it!~ It only took an hour and a half, which sounds much too fast for me(considering that I\'ve read people taking 5 hours to do it..), but~ its done, looks great and I\'m very happy~

So anyone with the same problem from the time they pick up their car, talk to your dealership. I\'m sure they\'ll do it for you.. ( lol.. beats having to do it yourself... )

TheProfessor
04-25-2005, 08:43 AM
This was Scarboro Mazda who did it for you?

swales
04-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Any car you buy should be clayed right away, it\'s amazing all the contaminants on the paint. Also, it shouldn\'t take any longer then an hour for someone to do it, it\'s actually pretty simple.

iconicrocket
04-25-2005, 08:10 PM
My car was cleaned and vaccumed when I got it. NO rail dust or anything. Felt smooth and cleaned. I had my face next to the door panel too.

AFbunnie
04-25-2005, 10:07 PM
vaccumed??? How dirty can a new car be???? haha