PDA

View Full Version : MOM 2005 Logo

super_vixen
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey there,

Lawrence asked me to make up some quick MOM logos for ideas, and we can work it to something we all like.

I\'ve done 7 really quick ideas (I\'ve been insanely busy at work), so there\'s stil time to tweak finalized ideas, colours and so on. I was trying to keep some theme towards mazda, which is why the \"m\" is the mazda m, as well as using the mazda logo itself (I re-drew the whole damn thing in Illustrator). My only fear (which I have brought up to Lawrence already) is the fact that using that may be copyright infringement. But we have decided to get an idea finalized and then look into that after.

So give me some feedback, ideas, colour suggestions, etc. and I can work away at it in between my photography and my day job. JPG attached.

majic
05-02-2005, 03:59 PM
#3 but maybe all black and \"meet of the mazdas\" in mazda font??

iconicrocket
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I kinda like #3, but can you stretch the type of Meet of the Mazda vertically to make it taller.

wtom
05-02-2005, 04:28 PM
#3 but have the M\'s in black instead.

S.F.W.
05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I really like number three the way it is!
Great job heather! The help is appreciated.

billyfo
05-02-2005, 06:50 PM
If you worry about copyright, I think the \"Mazda\" logo, you can write a letter to Mazda for fast approval, it won\'t be any problem.

Newlook
05-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Nicely done. For the copyright... you aren\'t reselling any product by using their logo, it\'s for non-commercial purpose I guess it\'s fine.

mEtH
05-02-2005, 09:12 PM
nice job super_vix, I had the same idea with the O. gets tricky working around the mazda logo.

I guess i\'ll just post them in here so its all condoliated. Heres about 15mins of playing around. If I get more time i\'ll do some more.

Gonna give it a try on my mac, got some better fonts on there. Maybe something with the zoom-zoom font.

http://www.lucero.ca/car_images/MOM_comps_1.gif

///M
05-02-2005, 09:20 PM
^ I like the middle one...the \"Mazdas\" idea using the Mazda font.

Maybe I\'ll try to come up with a design too once I\'m done exams.

SoopaBanana
05-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Promising... If this can wait I\'ll whip up something the coming weekend :)

MazdaTree
05-02-2005, 11:03 PM
i like the 2nd one in the original mazda font aswell:)
looks real good

Saphress
05-03-2005, 02:40 AM
#3 is very clean cut! :D.... I like it

Electra-fire
05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
I agree!
#3..
Awesome work Heather.
:D

Scooter
05-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Designs look sweet. Good job guys! (Don\'t mind me,...I\'m just snooping)

FYI - the past 2 years it has always been referred to as \"The Meeting of the Mazdas\" and not \"Meet of the Mazdas\". I\'m sure it doesn\'t really matter either way, but I just thought I would mention.

super_vixen
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Scooter

Designs look sweet. Good job guys! (Don\'t mind me,...I\'m just snooping)

FYI - the past 2 years it has always been referred to as \"The Meeting of the Mazdas\" and not \"Meet of the Mazdas\". I\'m sure it doesn\'t really matter either way, but I just thought I would mention.

hmmm...well if it was originally called \"meeting of the mazda\'s\" then I want to officially change it to Meet of the Mazda\'s, because \"meeting\" is just the longer version of meet, and sounds way too drawn out. I can guarantee, even if it was called \"meeting...\", people would shorten it themselves anyways...lord knows we all only refer to it as MOM around here anyways.

Xenon
05-13-2005, 12:10 AM
My obvious majority vote, Logo 3 will be our Meet of the Mazdas official logo.

Thanks a million to super_vix for the design, she did an amazing job.

-RJ3-
05-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

My obvious majority vote, Logo 3 will be our Meet of the Mazdas official logo.

Thanks a million to super_vix for the design, she did an amazing job.

HEY!!!!! What about the Method man!!!!! He did a great job too no?