PDA

View Full Version : Achilles Mazda (Acton)

Titanium_M3GT
05-04-2005, 03:08 PM
So I bought my car from Achilles Mazda in acton. I found that they had the best overall pricing and friendly sales staff. They gave me a very good up-front quote. I took that quote to Brampton Mazda, and they acused me of scanning the quote and changing the numbers (thats how good it was!!). So I went back to Achilles and purchased the car. I have had it for only 2 weeks now, and have already gotten a courtesy call. I would highly reccommend Achilles Mazda to anyone interested in buying a 3.

P.S Acton is not really that far, 20min north of mississauga. Its worth a few thousand in savings though!!

aamir
04-08-2008, 11:37 PM
I have to agree with Titanium, I just bought a Mazda 3 Sport GT from there and he gave me the best price. Ontario Mazda did not believe the price I got they kept asking me which dealer offered it to me but I wouldn't tell them. I highly recommend them, they took care of me very well and are very courteous. They also gave me a courtesy call and keep checking in with me from time to time. I recommend them to anyone that is willing to drive a little out of their way to get a good deal, they will not disappoint. Ask for Achilles Jr, he will defintely take care of you.

speed77
04-09-2008, 12:34 AM
I agree with the two previous posts. I bought my car at Achilles last summer and had identical experiences to the previous two posts, freindly and personal service and a price that I was happy with.

jaimie08mazda3
08-10-2008, 10:53 AM
well i had bought my car at achillies. i dont live too far from acton in fact about 5-10 mins. so i got a quote from guelph city and they gave me a price of about 25000 for what i wanted. actually with taxes it came to about 25675 or something. and so i went to achillies mazda. the guy gave me a price of 24001. so i took it. have taken my car to get serviced regularly and so far they have been good with everything. i will definitly reccomend them too

Dante
08-11-2008, 03:47 AM
I used to work around there, Friendly people if you ask me but very very small lot. Good for deals I suppose :D

petemjones
08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
same here , had best car purchase experience here and sevrice has been good too.

Surferboy
11-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Best car buying experience yet.
No BS! Good prices.
Delt with TJ
If your in the market for a new car check them out, you won't be disappointed

aamir
11-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Just bought a second Mazda 3 there for the GF. Dealt with TJ, again they did an awesome job with this one as they did with mine. Highly recommend them. Forget the Hide house, its definetly worth the drive to Acton!

Milton Smiths
03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Very glad to hear that you all had good experiences here. Hubby and I going out for a M3GX sedan test drive tomorrow. It's the first step to what will hopefully be a pleasant experience (and the first step to becoming a "Mazda 3 owner".

Milton Smiths
03-23-2009, 02:36 PM
So, I went on my first test drive and I absolutely LOVE the 09 Mazda 3. The only reason I didn't sign on the dotted line is because I can't decide what colour I like better - the galaxy grey or the metropolitan grey.

Geez if only all our problems were so petty:blush

Milton Smiths
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
I just realized that I should probably also mention that I also dealt with TJ when I was at Achilles this weekend. Seems like a great guy - no BS and no pressure whatsoever. My kind of dealership - for sure.

samsvoc
04-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Heard from a coworker who knows someone who works at Achilles that Mazda is making them move their dealership down the road to Milton. Don't know when though.

Milton Smiths
06-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Heard from a coworker who knows someone who works at Achilles that Mazda is making them move their dealership down the road to Milton. Don't know when though.

This really doesn't surprise me at all - Milton seems to have every a dealership for every make BUT Mazda - so the move would make perfect sense to me!

Besides, the location in Acton is a little difficult to get to - being right IN town.

Milton Smiths
06-04-2009, 11:25 AM
OOPPSS - Previous post should say....

Milton seems to have a dealership for every make but Mazda:blush

seelsy
06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
ya its def tucked in back there in lil ol' acton, my GF works at staying alive fitness on the main strip and i pass the lot everytime i go to pick her up. Milton seems logical as they'd prob get better exposure to a large market as most people go to the bigger dealerships. (even though the smaller ones seem to give better deals)

Milton Smiths
08-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Wondering if anyone can confirm the move to Milton, and if so - when is the move supposed to take place?

TIA

dead_cactus
08-12-2009, 01:05 PM
The move to Milton would make sense as they've got very limited space where they are now. Better yet they should move to Georgetown :)

samsvoc
08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Just got back from Achilles this afternoon, doing some service work. Asked if they are moving to Milton and the answer was Yes. It's just not known when. My take on it is, they will be in Milton in the next year of two.

As for sevice, nothing but top notch customer service. Will be going back next week for more service work as I didn't have time to stick around too long today.

2010M3Owner
08-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi All,
New to the forums and I have a question. I also purchased my 2010 Mazda 3 from Achilles. I agree with all of the other posts about the friendly service from the sales staff. Their prices and no haggle sales can't be beat. They even e-mailed a quote to me! This is pretty much unheard of as far as I can tell. We tried this with another dealership and got the "we can't really give you the proper quote by e-mail. Come in and we'll talk" routine.
The only thing that I have a question about is the delivery. I was not really willing to compromise on the options and colour, so I decided to wait for a unit en-route. The original expected delivery date was "about 2 weeks". That was 5 weeks ago and I still do not have the car. Every time I ask about where the car is in the process of delivery I get the same message. That being that they can't tell where the car is until it basically shows up at their door. This is EXTREMELY frustrating to me, especially since I work in the supply chain industry and we are never that out of touch with our inventory. Has anyone else had similar experiences and is this a common occurrence?

Thanks.

PS. We've had good experiences with the service department as well. We also have an '04 Mazda 3 and Achilles is where we get our service done.

2010M3Owner
08-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I should also mention that they have done some other things right in the whole process. I was in a lease prior to buying the 2010 and Achilles was good enough to provide me with a courtesy rental as my lease was close to being due and I was near my milage limits (which is why I have been asking for dates rather than demanding them).
I have few complaints about the overall experience, but the fact that they are not able to give me any kind of date for delivery bugs the living he** out of me.

Rant over.

samsvoc
08-22-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm not too happy about some of the sales team at Achilles. Not one follow up phone call to see if I was happy with the car. No coupons in the mail for discounted parts or service. I was never called to see if the car was on it's way. I had to call every 2 weeks or so. You think they would have gotten the message that I wanted to be informed. I was told when the car arrived in Vancouver though.

I didn't have this problem when I bought my Protege5 but then again, I dealt with a different salesperson. Will not deal with the sales guy I bought my 3 from. Achilles service department is top notch that I will no longer give my $$$ to M of T.

samsvoc
12-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Brought my 3 in for service on Tuesday and was told Achilles Mazda moving to Milton next summer.

grex
12-24-2009, 11:37 AM
thats werid...I heard they were moving into georgetown which I HOPE DOESNT HAPPEN.

but it probably is...its good for there business and all to expand and get bigger but when you get into these big places you start to have problems. There staff list is massive, no one cares because it isn't a small operation anymore..I really hope this doesnt happen to Achilles.

jaimie08mazda3
12-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Me living in Rockwood and working at the Sobeys in Acton it was sooo convenient to get my car serviced... I will be sad if it goes to Milton because it has been there since Achillies started it up back in the 70s. But oh well I guess it will have to happen.

samsvoc
12-24-2009, 11:56 AM
It was only a matter of time. Milton's one of the fastest growing town's in Canada and it's expected by 2025 to have 300,000 Miltonites. All the major Japanese car companies are in Milton with the exception of Mazda, so it was expected. All Milton needs now is a VW dealership.

jaimie08mazda3
12-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Its true but for me it takes 25 to 30 minutes to get to Milton... compared to 10 minutes to get to Acton. Plus that is one of the main landmarks in acton because it has been there for so long.

grex
12-24-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm not too happy about some of the sales team at Achilles. Not one follow up phone call to see if I was happy with the car. No coupons in the mail for discounted parts or service. I was never called to see if the car was on it's way. I had to call every 2 weeks or so. You think they would have gotten the message that I wanted to be informed. I was told when the car arrived in Vancouver though.

I didn't have this problem when I bought my Protege5 but then again, I dealt with a different salesperson. Will not deal with the sales guy I bought my 3 from. Achilles service department is top notch that I will no longer give my $$$ to M of T.

I got a nice letter about a week after I took delievery of the car...no phone call though...meh I dont really care.

grex
12-29-2009, 10:54 PM
actually...I just got my phone call lol!!

MZR3
01-23-2010, 10:07 PM
I waited for a long time to take the plunge back into a 3. I was just curious of the comments that were said about TJ and the purchase experiences. So, while I was vacationing during the holiday period, I sent a quote request via email, and to my surprise, TJ responded with a GREAT no huggle detailed quote, via email.

Long story short, I will be a proud Mazda 3 Sport GT owner for the second time when the car arrives here (I think it's somewhere between Port Vancouver and Ontario).

My only dislike in this process is the wait. Achilles doesn't seem to have a lot of cars on hand to make immediate delivery, I think...

Oh, as they say, country eggs are cheaper, and it is true!! I don't even mind go cross town from Markham to Acton to close the deal.

grex
01-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Thats awesome when you're in there picking up the car tell him that Adam (al's friend) says hi from the forums.

The small inventory on hand dooeesss suck but im a huge achilles fan. Awesome people over there!!

grex
02-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Went in for my first oil change and check up...In and out in 20 minutes, was provided with the checklist that indicated that everything was checked, aswell as recorded tire pressures. I explained that I noticed some moisture build up in the passenger side tail light- it was written on my file and the guy at the desk said next time i come in they will ask me about it and if theres a problem they will get me a new light no questions asked.

Awesome experience again.