PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy my 3 this weekend

rinse
05-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey guys, new to this forum, but been lurking around for a while. Ive had my heart set on a mazda 3 for a while now, and this weekend is when I will finally take the plunge.

Im going to get:

GT Sedan w/ GFX
Carbon Grey Mica
MT
Cloth interior
Raised rear spoiler
All-weather floor mats

Ill be heading over to Avante, and dealing with Noah, who gave me a test drive last week, seems like a really nice, straight up guy.

Any last minute tips for a person buying their first car?

TheProfessor
05-05-2005, 03:48 PM
The only advice I can give you is be prepared to walk if they don\'t give you a good offer. I\'ve spoken with Noah and while he is a very nice guy, he would not do the deal I wanted, I walked, and got it no problem at another dealer. Avante is great and all, but I will not spend $500 extra just to purchase from them.

Good luck and keep us posted:)

Titanium_M3GT
05-05-2005, 04:57 PM
If you get a written quote from them, take it to Achilles mazda in acton. They were the lowest price out of a few dealerships that I went to. 2 things make them cheaper than the rest of the dealerships, 1. they own the land 2. they own the building. Their overhead is a lot less than the 100,000 sq.ft mazda super dealerships.

nifty6
05-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by rinse

Hey guys, new to this forum, but been lurking around for a while. Ive had my heart set on a mazda 3 for a while now, and this weekend is when I will finally take the plunge.

Im going to get:

GT Sedan w/ GFX
Carbon Grey Mica
MT
Cloth interior
Raised rear spoiler
All-weather floor mats

Ill be heading over to Avante, and dealing with Noah, who gave me a test drive last week, seems like a really nice, straight up guy.

I have dealt with sales people who appear straight, don\'t let that fool you, when it comes to a price everybody changes in a hurry. been there done that. Don\'t get caught up in this nicey nicey appearance. I got a quote from Avant and they were higher than what I paid. Go to Prima in Woodbridge. You should be able to get it for about $26,250 on the road, maybe less,try $26,000. Also Dave Wood in Newmarket was $500 more and would not budge

Any last minute tips for a person buying their first car?

rinse
05-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Just got back from Avante, think I got myself a good deal, going to close the deal on Monday. Tell me what you guys think:

Mazda 3 GT Sedan w/GFX
MT
A/C
Cloth interior
Carbon Grey Mica
Raised Rear Spoiler
All-weather floor mats
Wheel locks

$27,079.97 (includes all fees and taxes)

I dealt with Noah, great guy.

The add-ons I got totaled up to $732.80(spoiler, mats, wheel locks), but they threw a $1200 discount to cover those and then some. Also, this price isnt including the $500 grad rebate Im eligible for.

rinse
05-08-2005, 11:04 PM
having second thoughts on the spoiler now

not sure if i should still get it

TheProfessor
05-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Personally I don\'t like any spoiler on the sedan......it looks so much cleaner without. Save your money and if you decide you want it you can always add it later.