PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the head liner!!

lukel90
05-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Well after a year and a month of driving the mazda3 and throwing my mouuntain bike in the back of my hatch i noticed that my head liner is a little dirty, i dont smoke at all and neither does the GF. I was wondering what do i use to clean the head liner as i\'ve never had to clean one before. I dont really know how it got dirty in the first place. Any help would be appreciated!

Ex-Rolla
05-08-2005, 02:48 PM
I used Fantastik in my sisters car. It\'s a Household cleaner, but it removes stains quite well. Fabric or carpet cleaner might also work.

For the fantastik, I used a towel... I sprayed the fantastik on the towel, then scrubbed.. Mysister smokes so the headliner was pretty dirty. After I was done it came out brand new.

Optimzer
05-08-2005, 02:54 PM
When washing my Protege I would use the foam from the car soap and a gentle brush to clean the carpets, seats, and headliner. Of course, make sure you use the foam before you start washing the outside of the car! :p I would try not to get very much water on the brush - just the foam is good enough otherwise the fabric will get too wet and you might risk getting the \'wet smell\' in your car. This method is only good for superficial dirt and not dirt that\'s ground in deep inside.