PDA

View Full Version : Hard Acceleration; Subtle Grinding Noise

wtom
05-10-2005, 11:57 PM
I vaguely recall someone else posting this before but I just can\'t find it. I also link it with Mazda Kitten.

Anyway, at a light, it turns green, I accelerate. The harder I accelerate the more noticeable/louder a low grinding-like noise is heard from the rear of the car. In my head I\'m thinking it\'s the rear anti-sway bar doing something. Loose bolt? I\'ve yet to check anything under the car.

Turn off your radio and have the fan at 2 level or lower and try accelerating harder than regular in-traffic speeds. You may or may not hear a subtle grinding noise from the rear of the car. Windows are up to reduce wind-noise.

The noise goes away the less the car accelerates and begins to maintain a constant velocity, or slowing down. If you shift up a gear (first to second, etc.) and accelerate again, the noise is heard again.

Anyone else getting this noise when accelerating harder than normal (normal being regular calm traffic flow)?

mazda3boss
05-11-2005, 07:38 PM
umm i will check on it, bu from what i remember all i hear is the stock exhaust, but i will deffinately have a look at that