PDA

View Full Version : Newbie plannin on getting a 3

yyy007
05-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Read on newspaper advertisment.
A Brand new Mazda3 Sport avaialble for $188+tax/month w/ $2500down. that included AT and AC already.
Thats a 60month lease.

I calcuated the price on Mazda\'s website and its no where close to that number. Is it really that cheap ? or just gimmicks ?

Anyone have an idea of how much should i be paying for a Mazda3 sport GS or a Sedan Gs w/ power package ? They must have AC and AT.

Anyhelp would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Saphress
05-11-2005, 02:17 AM
it could be possible.. but remember, it is a lease... if you plan on buying it out after... it\'ll cost you mad money

With what dealership is this??? I\'m just thinking... calculating... if they were to sell it at cost, and the lowest interest rate... is that possible? Hmmph.... (laugh) Now I think I\'m stumped... darn it!!! Where\'d you see this?

Saphress
05-11-2005, 02:20 AM
Well... if it\'s a car on the lot... now that I\'m calculating it again... yes I do this at 2am .... cuz I got nothin better to do and wired... Here\'s my assumption

It\'s all BEFORE taxes...

therefore.... that\'s what makes it look good. It still may be a good price, but call it in, and find out what the price is after taxes...

billyfo
05-11-2005, 08:02 AM
It may be Sport GS or even Sedan GS, you should read the fine print that would say what model it quoted.

TheProfessor
05-11-2005, 08:02 AM
It is definately a before tax payment they are advertising. Other items like freight and pdi are also not likely included. Just call them up and ask what the real final price is.

yyy007
05-11-2005, 09:36 AM
well it IS before tax and all other fees...
The sedan they didnt say which model but im assuming its the GX...its $168

Im interrested in the Sport model since it comes w/ everything already(pw,pwdl,cruise etc.) and its only$188

$188*1.3 (1.15 is tax..the other 0.15 is all those other fees) = $244.4 < - - - if thats the real price i still think its pretty good isnt it ?

RAM444
05-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Personally, i would never do a lease for more than 3 years.

If the car turns out to be a lemon, at least in the first 3 years you are covered by warrantly. Imagine having to shell out money for a new transmission or something in year 4, when you are essentially just \"renting\" the car!

Also, a lease is pretty much unbreakable. The only way out is to find someone else to take it over as is. Usually you end up spending way more though to do this. With a shorter term lease you have more flexibilty over the long run. Not saying anything will happen, but 5 years is a loooong ways away, and lots of things can change.

I attached the spreadsheet i made up when i was calculating the lease rate i wanted to pay (change extension from .doc to .xls). You can punch in all your variables, and see what kind of discount your getting to hit your after-tax monthly lease rate. Hey, if 60 months gives you an unbeatable price, then maybe you should go for it!

Optimzer
05-11-2005, 02:16 PM
With a short lease however, you pay for the largest portion of the car\'s depreciation..