PDA

View Full Version : HID bulb

chu315
05-11-2005, 10:29 PM
anyone know is D2S/D2R same as H7 thz...........and i am using a x-tech 6000k now, can i switch to 8000k bulb, also do i have to buy back x-tech bulb thz..........cuz one of my bulb is not working:( .....................thz......................

majic
05-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by chu315

anyone know is D2S/D2R same as H7 thz...........and i am using a x-tech 6000k now, can i switch to 8000k bulb, also do i have to buy back x-tech bulb thz..........cuz one of my bulb is not working:( .....................thz......................

cebo had very hard time (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2228) making the bulbs fit since they aren\'t designed to fit in the H7 socket. he also used the ballast and the harness that came with it.

i\'m not sure what else you\'re saying now but i\'m assuming you\'re running xtec 6000K, one bulb blew and you can get your hands on D2S/D2R bulbs @ 8000K

well first of all, when is your bulb not working. some people have had one go out just because the relay was horizontal not vertical (or vice versa). secondly, did you get a DRL bypass mod? I haven\'t yet and if i put down my hand brake before i trun my lights on FULL one of my bulbs goes out. it\'s a toss up whether it\'s right or left. third, have you tried swapping your ballasts to ensure that it\'s the bulb not the ballasts/connections? if you have to send it back to xtec they\'ll charge you the value of the bulb, send you new bulbs (refurbs or fixed or new) and then you ship back your \'broken\' one.. once they receive they credit you the money. at least i think that\'s how it works. if you bought it through a reseller you might have to send it to them directly instead of xtecusa. but for sure trouble shoot the bulbs more before you send perfectly good ones back to them!

MajesticBlueNTO
05-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by chu315

D2S = Projector housing

D2R = Reflector housing

you will need a D2S bulb for the 3\'s low beam.

as for getting warranty from xtec, from what i was told, they will generally want you to return *both* bulbs to ensure they are from the same lot (uniform colour, life, etc).

xtec will only charge the value of the bulb IF you want another set before you ship back the busted one. if you send back the busted bulb(s) beforehand, they will ship the replacement set without charging you.

of course, this is what i was told before xtecusa stopped answering my emails. :sarc

chu315
05-12-2005, 05:52 AM
so D2S is just same as H7???? rite..........thz