PDA

View Full Version : 17s rubbing

Ron
05-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Hey Everyone,

I don\'t know if anyone else experienced or is experiencing this problem but I noticed it a little while ago. I have an 05 GT Sport and when under load (2 passengers in back and couple bags in trunk) you can hear a rubbing sound in the rear right wheel area when the suspension does a long travel. I hear it twice under load and I took it to Ajax Mazda and as I was explaining the trouble to the tech he knew exactly what I was talking about and got the tools he\'d need without evening listening to the entire symptom. Turns out that there is too much plastic under the fender and it rubs against the 17\'s whenever the suspension is fully compressed. He simply trimmed a little off and I haven\'t heard it since.

:) Just thought I\'d let you guys and girls know incase you have the same problem. :)

MazdaTree
05-17-2005, 10:34 AM
i had that problem once aswell but i never took it in, and since i barely ever have 4 in my car im jus gonna leave it:)
thanks for informing us of that tho:)

rc25
05-17-2005, 10:34 PM
The noise came from right rear wheel inner plastic fender.If you look close to it, you can see a small plasic stick out, what you can do is cut it out or bring to the dealer, they can do it fro you with no charge.:D

Fuman
05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
i wont fix that.... another reason for me not to drive so many ppl... lol....

Titanium_M3GT
05-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks, happened to me the other day. Now I know what it was.

midnightfxgt
05-18-2005, 04:21 PM
There is a TSB out for this. Many people have had the same issue, thats why they knew so fast :)

It is a horrible noise to come from a new car. Had mine fixed during the first oil change.

-John

Fuman
05-18-2005, 04:24 PM
TSB?

majic
05-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Fuman

TSB?

technical service bulletin

Fuman
05-18-2005, 04:41 PM
we dun have access to the TSB do we?
sorry, I had never new car, so I dunno about this stuff

majic
05-18-2005, 04:54 PM

we do ;) (http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda3/bulletins_index.html)

and the dealer should be able to tell you if there\'s a TSB on the part or not - mind you some like to keep that hush hush :sarc

NB: these TSBs might be for US only but should cover Canadian spec as well. (where applicable)

Fuman
05-19-2005, 10:21 AM
alright THANKS....
thats gonna be a big help.

whodilly
05-23-2005, 11:24 PM
This just happened to me this weekend. Had 4 people in the car and it would rub everytime i hit a dip in the road or made an aggressive turn. Scared the crap outa me at first!!

Flagrum_3
05-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by majic

we do ;) (http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda3/bulletins_index.html)

and the dealer should be able to tell you if there\'s a TSB on the part or not - mind you some like to keep that hush hush :sarc

NB: these TSBs might be for US only but should cover Canadian spec as well. (where applicable)

Moderators....Maybe this link should be Sticky for all to see?

Thanks,

_3