PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Grille

Whos ur dadd
05-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Chrome door handles are on. I think they look really good on dark coloured cars. I\'ll post pics soon.

To balance all this bling bling, I\'d love to have the chrome grille like this:

http://www.umnitza.com/albums/CFwerks/IMG_3716.sized.jpg

Compared to my current grille, there\'s that chrome strip running across the top in this picture. I think some of the Mazda6\'s have the chrome trim piece.

Where can I get this? Is it a JDM thing?

Finally, does anyone make a chrome fuel door cover? Might be too much chrome, but hey, go big or go home...

Whos ur dadd
05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Oh, I also saw some chrome spray paint at Canadian tire... wonder if that stuff works...

Optimzer
05-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

Oh, I also saw some chrome spray paint at Canadian tire... wonder if that stuff works...

don\'t do it!! I used the \'chrome\' spray once for a school project. I sprayed it on wood, metal, and foam parts and non of them came out looking like chrome. The spray paint I used was called Krylon with the chrome cap. It came out looking more like a dull silver, almost grey-like. If you want I can take some pics and send them to you but it didn\'t turn out chrome at all.

Optimzer
05-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Admittedly, it probably came out dull b/c the surface I was painting wasn\'t perfectly flat (ie - wood isn\'t flat relative to a metal surface) so the results might be different if it were applied to smooth plastic trim

Whos ur dadd
05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Hmmm, I think it was Krylon too. Should I spend the $8 and risk ruining my grille... hmmm...

majic
05-17-2005, 06:37 PM

Hmmm, I think it was Krylon too. Should I spend the $8 and risk ruining my grille... hmmm...

buy a roll of tinfoil, iron it so there are no creases and stick it on your grille. you won\'t mess up the stock grille and you can revert anytime.. ghetto rice ;)

Whos ur dadd
05-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by majic

buy a roll of tinfoil, iron it so there are no creases and stick it on your grille. you won\'t mess up the stock grille and you can revert anytime.. ghetto rice ;)

Or I can take a baseball bat to yer head ya stupid punk.

Come on man, use yer great computer skilz and find me some links!

majic
05-17-2005, 07:02 PM
http://bulldogdirect.com/photos/large_mike_caddy.gif

EDIT: i guess you can get it from South Africa... mofo\'s grill (http://www.mazda.co.za/showroom/mazda3/accessories.asp)

Optimzer
05-17-2005, 11:58 PM

try it out on plastic that has a similar texture to that piece of the grille - something you don\'t care about. old phone around the house, toy car, etc..

Whos ur dadd
05-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by majic

EDIT: i guess you can get it from South Africa... mofo\'s grill (http://www.mazda.co.za/showroom/mazda3/accessories.asp)

How do you find this stuff...?

In any event:

Grille $100
Shipping $25,000

Just a little out of my price range.

Whos ur dadd
05-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Optimzer

try it out on plastic that has a similar texture to that piece of the grille - something you don\'t care about. old phone around the house, toy car, etc..

Thanks. Maybe I\'ll try it on the Canadian Tire shelf... <although there was a sign that said spraying the shelf was vandalism>

Optimzer
05-18-2005, 12:25 AM

Originally posted by Optimzer

Thanks. Maybe I\'ll try it on the Canadian Tire shelf... <although there was a sign that said spraying the shelf was vandalism>

come to think of it - I was at walmart\'s automotive section the other day and what people did there was try the paint out by spraying on other paint caps...I\'d say it worked pretty well. And you\'re not technically vandalizing.. :)

MazdaTree
05-18-2005, 11:17 AM
ask flipspeed it its available from mazda