PDA

View Full Version : another toyota stealershi

dredd2099
05-17-2005, 03:14 PM
if mr fuman had bad experience w/ richmond hill toyota sales
> for reference > http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2482

this one is a bad service experience at Toyota on Front

So i take the Matrix back to Toyota on Front today after they had the car all last week. Tell them them theres no lift and every time i rev past 6k ii get a chech engine light. This is after having them replace 3k worth of internals last week.

Whats the first reponse outa the service managers mouth..........

Don\'t rev it past 6K then.
WTF :smt013 Why did i pay an extra $xxxx.xx for an XRS then? I can\'t believe the nerve of these guys.

They go on to tell me............

If i wanted a high reving car i should have bought an Acura RSX.
:shock:

Later on after the test drive with the tech, the tech admits to me he probable but something on wrong during the rebuild, and that they don\'t see many 2zzge\'s, and almost never have to open them up. He seemed really cool, nice guy, and straight up.

Now on to my breakin, they are fixing that too, but the service managers like, we can\'t keep it overnight inside, we\'ll have to put it outside over night. I\'m like WTF, it has no driverside window, your keeping inside buddy. It came down to this, it\'s there responsablilty once i sign the paper, so they can put it outside if they want, should it get stolen, they owe me a new car. That seemed to change his mind offly fast. :roll:

forum response?

Toyota on Front service manager: Ron Provost
rprovost@toyotaonfront.com
Tel: (416)703-7700 ext. 248
http://img147.echo.cx/img147/2592/ronprovost4jy.jpg

Fax: (416)703-5712
Service Advisor = naiel@toyotaonfront.com
http://img4.echo.cx/img4/4674/naiel0sj.jpg

:p

Fuman
05-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I would have called Toyota Canada and asked for the phone # of the owner of the dealership. Reason being, Toyota Canada can\'t do much since dealerships are a seperate entity.

I worked there as a Coop (@toyota canada inc HQ). I saw a few cases where the high revving engine (forgot the model name of the engine), that needed a rebuild.

I never liked Toyota cars, minus the supra.

I was on their website (toyota.ca) the night my guardian wanted the matrix.
They have a \"TRD package\" for all trims on the matrix. In the ENTIRE package there does not exist one performance enhancing part. not even a struct tower brace. (at least it doesn\'t list anything on the website)

dredd2099
05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
the hi rev engine = 2ZZGE (celica gt-s, matrix xrs, corolla xrs)
has weak valves for a hi revving engine

as for the trd package, lol yea
they did similar thing on a celica a while back
called it the trd action package
a whole lot of plastic (ie side skirt, big ass wing etc) plus a mp3 radio (consequently called the panasonic edition)
and voila, thats it

so yea, what the heck is toyota thinking?

Fuman
05-17-2005, 04:15 PM
When I was working there, they had a E-bulletin board where HR replies to any employee questions (you can post annoyomusly). I asked them if they were bring the corolla hatch back here (from europe), which has 220HP and other thing. (<-- its been a while i forgot). They said no. I\'m like damn you suck.

If anyone read the review for the corolla XRS, you\'ll know the gear ratios are garbage.

billyfo
05-17-2005, 06:21 PM
hahaaa, may be the service manager is the owner of Honda/Acura dealer or he bought alots of Honda\'s at the stock market.:D

BigWilly
05-28-2005, 02:27 PM
call toyota canada foresure.. bring to a different toyota dealership and let them check it out at least if they don\'t fix it.

And there are TRD strut bars, TRD superchargers, TRD springs available for the matrix.. just look for it.. www.trdusa.com .. the packages that are sold with the trd matrx\'s are basically just appearance mods that the average user might be interested in.

the corolla XRS\'s gear ratios are perfectly fine IMO .. maybe you should go for a test drive and test them yourself :D

I\'m sorry.. I\'m Toyota biased myself.. ;)

dredd2099
05-29-2005, 11:34 AM
^eh heh
whatcha got sir?

Fuman
05-29-2005, 01:15 PM
i know there are TRD performance parts for the matrix.
I did some research on the matrix a while back.
The fact the badge the TRD matrix without any performance parts
really pisses me off

Whos ur dadd
05-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Paul,

What\'s the aftermarket like for the Matrix? The Matrix made the short list when I was buying. Looked at the AWD, but it only came in automatic. Also, when I read up on the Matrix forums at the time, there wasn\'t much you could do to make the AWD go fast. I think some people put on a TRD supercharger, but that didn\'t seem to help much either.

Optimzer
05-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Fuman

I would have called Toyota Canada and asked for the phone # of the owner of the dealership. Reason being, Toyota Canada can\'t do much since dealerships are a seperate entity.

I thought dealerships are all run as franchises - and the franchisor (Toyota Canada) would have some ability to sway the actions of the dealer in terms of servicing cars although maybe not contractually..

Fuman
05-30-2005, 01:23 PM
dealers are official \'sister companies\' or affliates.
forgot which one it is.

I can check it out, if u want me to. Let me see if my old coop friend still work at toyota, reply again tmr

BigWilly
05-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by dredd2099

^eh heh
whatcha got sir?

you don\'t happen to post on genvibe or matrixowners.com do you? your name sounds really really firmiliar

I myself drive a corolla :) that explains my toyota bias :sarc

dredd2099
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

Paul,

What\'s the aftermarket like for the Matrix? The Matrix made the short list when I was buying. Looked at the AWD, but it only came in automatic. Also, when I read up on the Matrix forums at the time, there wasn\'t much you could do to make the AWD go fast. I think some people put on a TRD supercharger, but that didn\'t seem to help much either.

AM support is steady but waned a lil bit upon the introduction of the Scion brand down south
most of the stuff trickling in now is coz of massive emails and such for said products
otherwise, its gonna stay in the barn burner forever
take for example the tein basics, been in development forever while the Mazda 3\'s out alrdy
they did come out w/ their SS line pretty kwik tho

good thing u didnt end up w/ the AWD
know a few ppl upgrading to XRS after a while w/ the AWD (zero AM support)
as for the SC, well, lets just say u can put 1 on a base model, the XRS would still be faster
but city driving is improved considerably (oh our pathetic TQ just kills)

dredd2099
06-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BigWilly

Originally posted by dredd2099

^eh heh
whatcha got sir?

you don\'t happen to post on genvibe or matrixowners.com do you? your name sounds really really firmiliar

I myself drive a corolla :) that explains my toyota bias :sarc

yes i do sir
not too much in GV, moreso in MO
welcome here sir

BigWilly
06-02-2005, 01:02 AM
rofl I joined here because my buddy has a m3.. I would like to make it to a meet one day.. but unfortunately all the meets are on saturdays :sarc I gotta work.. stupid shift work!