PDA

View Full Version : First Drive in my 3

Optimzer
05-18-2005, 12:21 AM
So I just picked up my 3 today :D. And man, I was crapping bricks pulling out of the Mazda parking lot!! Like normally I would turn left onto Yonge but turned right to avoid making the left onto the major street...

Then on the highway I swerved to miss a bug or fly b/c I didn\'t want to mess up my bumper. DUMB! I braked nice and slow - don\'t want none of the brake dust on the rims! :D Man, driving a new car is stressful!

Couldn\'t stop playing with the steering wheel mounted audio controls - never had those before! I was switching songs for the sake of pressing the buttons.

I found out that I can fit my laptop in the back under the panel that lifts up - when I get my next laptop I\'ll get a slightly smaller one b/c it will definitely fit in the glovebox - that glovebox is HUGE!! When I was shopping around it looked big but today I saw how deep it is...whoa..

I picked it up at about 5pm...but basically drove it till nightfall. I really wanted to see what the interior lighting is like and man it\'s sweet! The orange and blue look really nice together. Got me thinking about putting in blue floor lights...will have to start exploring the options.

Definitely need to get an ipod in there.. :D

Pictures will follow soon - it\'s going to be a restless night. Tomorrow I will discover more joys of being a 3 owner.

///M
05-18-2005, 12:45 AM
ahhh...the joys of a new car!
I put about 320km on my 3 the first day I got it...had so much fun driving it around!

Saphress
05-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Sweeet! Congrats!!! hehehe..... It\'s fun with all the switches...

Optimzer
05-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Saphress

Sweeet! Congrats!!! hehehe..... It\'s fun with all the switches...

all those darn switches nearly tripped me out a few times! and I found myself looking at the nice blue/red dash lighting a *little* too long! :D

Optimzer
05-18-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

I put about 320km on my 3 the first day I got it...had so much fun driving it around!

hehe - the first oil change is scheduled for 8000km - so I figure that will be coming up soon. My brother gives me till next week.. :sarc

bubba1983
05-18-2005, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Optimzer

hehe - the first oil change is scheduled for 8000km - so I figure that will be coming up soon. My brother gives me till next week.. :sarc

ha, my first day i drove it hoem, and i pased out for the rest of the day, so i put on like...10km the first day! haha

TheProfessor
05-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Oh yeah, we\'ve had our three for about eight days now and we only have 275km\'s on it:) . My 6 on the other hand has 28,000kms :(

iconicrocket
05-19-2005, 11:08 PM

Whoa 320km on the first day! Where did you go? Niagara Falls and back?

I put 42km the first day, picked it up and went straight home. :p

Optimzer
05-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by iconicrocket

jeez - yeah that IS a lot for the first day. But I\'ve been racking it up too - almost 400 clicks and only gone through 2.5 full days. gotta keep it clean!! can\'t drive on any dirty roads or close behind any other cars. wonder when the new car thing will wear off? :(

///M
05-20-2005, 03:43 AM

I picked up my car from Prima in Woodbridge, drove downtown, drove home (North York), drove to Mississauga...don\'t even remember all the places I drove now...heh! I pretty much spent the entire day randomly driving around the GTA - my new 3 was too much fun!

///M
05-20-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Optimzer

jeez - yeah that IS a lot for the first day. But I\'ve been racking it up too - almost 400 clicks and only gone through 2.5 full days. gotta keep it clean!! can\'t drive on any dirty roads or close behind any other cars. wonder when the new car thing will wear off? :(

Talk about racking it up...I\'m almost at 37000 and the car is just shy of a year old.

TheProfessor
05-20-2005, 08:07 AM
37,000km!!!!! Holy crap you drive a lot!

Optimzer
05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
hahaha - 37000km! wow...I probably shouldn\'t talk though - the first year we had our Protege it saw something like 40000km. All in the name of a good car :D

Optimzer
05-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Got my FIRST compliments on the car today! :D I was filling up our BBQ propane tank at a local station for a BBQ tomorrow and some lady in her mid-30\'s started chatting me up about the 3 about how it was all nice and stuff. She said she\'s in the market for a new car and doesn\'t really know whats out there show I gave her a quick tour of the car while we were waiting for our tanks to be filled up. :D

Earlier in the day I caught a couple of guys checking out the car at a red light too.

Wow! what a difference going from a beat-up 92 caravan to brand-new car makes.

bubba1983
05-23-2005, 03:03 PM
wonder when the new car thing will wear off? :(

once you get your first ding!

Optimzer
05-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

wonder when the new car thing will wear off? :(

once you get your first ding!

NEVER!!! :P

maybe when the break in period is done...time will tell

MAZDA Kitten
05-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

37,000km!!!!! Holy crap you drive a lot!

Cars are meant to be driven :D Mine is just over 8 months old and I have 25000km on it. Love every km that I spend in it
This past weekend was her first \'big\' trip went up to Muskoka and racked up about 700km on it. The car loves those twisties and dips... SOOO FUN!