PDA

View Full Version : First visit to Mazda of Toronto

TheProfessor
05-21-2005, 05:14 PM
I just took my 6 to Mazda of Toronto for a fairly minor regular service. This was the first time I\'ve gone there since the switch from Avante. Overall I was happy, though here is a point form of the trip:

- Had an appointment for noon, they didn\'t even take my car into the garage until 12:30
- Not too big a deal since they told me the car would be ready for around 1:00pm and it was about 1:10pm when I was cashed out
- All of the staff, from service people to sales staff were super friendly
- At around 12:30 pizza\'s were deliverd and all customers were offered food and drinks
(Avante used to do this too)
- When they were doing a the tire rotation the tech noticed that my right front shock was leaking!!! I have no idea why/how this happened, but it looks to be defective. I wasn\'t aware at all, but they came out and told me and said they have to order the part and will call me when it arrives to have it put in free of charge (warranty replacement).

Although I expected to see more old faces from the Avante days, the only people I recognized were one of the service guys named Vince (I think) and the sales manager Rui.

I was happy enough that we will continue to take our cars to that location even though it means passing two other dealerships on the way!

S.F.W.
05-21-2005, 06:29 PM
I was in there Friday Morning, 10:00am appointment for an oil and filter change. I asked how long they said 45 minutes. I came back in 45 minutes, car was ready paperwork ready, and I was out. Didn\'t know any of the ppl, \'cause I bought my car @ Prima. Anyhow, I was very pleased with the service, and the offer of coffee.

Pimpin_29y
05-25-2005, 05:05 PM
I went to Mazda of Toronto today for my 8k service, very nice place with friendly staff.

I was also happy to see a TM3 member there as well (Joe) while I was in the parts department. Great guy that he is he came out after and we had some convo about our 3s.

I asked about licence plate frames while I was finishing the paperwork and the sales there happily gave me a pair. All in all a very fast and pleasant experience, I was in an out within an hour. :D

///M
05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Free pizza?! wow...I never knew they did that

FLIPDADY
05-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by autoexe

Come by every Saturday around 12:30.;) You have to buy something though.:p

Junior
05-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

nice trade off, spend $500 and get a two-fitty slcie for free... big ups, for the thought tho

al01
05-25-2005, 11:09 PM
lol markham mazda didnt even give me some free water... stupid markham

///M
05-25-2005, 11:28 PM

hmm I bought something today though...does that mean I should\'ve come on saturday instead? :p nothing like a free lunch :D

Sparrow
05-26-2005, 02:40 PM
My dad took our ancient \'93 626 in to get it serviced a few weeks ago and they didn\'t have any of my dad\'s details on the computer.

My dad always took it into Avante to get it serviced, so he was surprised that a good decade\'s worth of servicing info was gone.

The guy said that they\'re not allowed to transfer customer information between two different companies (I guess between Avante & Mazda of Toronto).

Then, the tech said that Avante went out of business because they weren\'t using genuine Mazda parts, and therefore couldn\'t honour any warranty on parts installed at Avante!!

I have no idea why he would say that, given that Avante is still in business in RH, and I\'ve only heard glowing reports from everyone here!

I myself have a service coming up on my 3 soon, and I\'m conflicted between what happened to my dad vs. what I hear on these boards.

FLIPDADY
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
I would personally like to know who (Advisor\'s name) told you that silly info. First of all tech\'s at our shop at least don\'t deal directly with customers unless there\'s a problem. A lot of the customer records were removed from the system and were only put back in early last week.

Avante of Toronto did go out of business FYI. The York Region location remained.

TheProfessor
05-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Hmmmm, I can\'t seem to remember now if I had to give them all of my info again or if they had it (not good considering it wasn\'t even a week ago). Flip, by going out of business, do you know if it was on purpose though, or were they really losing money? The dealership always looked quite busy to me, but I was only usually there on Saturdays.

Fuman
05-26-2005, 03:21 PM

I would personally like to know who (Advisor\'s name) told you that silly info. First of all tech\'s at our shop at least don\'t deal directly with customers unless there\'s a problem. A lot of the customer records were removed from the system and were only put back in early last week.

Avante of Toronto did go out of business FYI. The York Region location remained.

how come Avante of Toronto went out of business, if you don\'t mind me asking.
The richmond Hill location seems to do very well

FLIPDADY
05-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I don\'t know the all the particulars and personally I don\'t want to know. Not all of the A of T customers info was in the system which it was suppose to. A lot of my customers were told that there wasn\'t going to be another Mazda dealer at this location. I guess it was a tactic to sway business to them who knows.:sarc

///M
05-26-2005, 03:46 PM
The version of the story I got (from A of T) was that the Toronto and Richmond hill location were merging to provide better service in \"one centralized location\". It\'s the first time I heard of them going out of business.

I guess it doesn\'t affect me - so far, the new Mazda of Toronto location (it\'s also the closest dealership to where I live) has lived up to my expectations and has been just as good as the old Avante. Also, they don\'t seem as busy as the old Avante Toronto location - it\'s easier to book appointments and that\'s a plus.

Fuman
05-26-2005, 03:48 PM
yeah the merging story is what I heard to.

Flipspeed, you work at Mazda of Toronto? (sorry kinda of slow today, and im new to the board)

I know my membership date says feb, i didnt really start posting until may

TheProfessor
05-26-2005, 04:18 PM
If they were merging for a more centralized location, the Toronto location would have been the better choice (yes I know it\'s bigger and has more land). They lost two cars worth of servicing for sticking with the RH location.

Sparrow
05-26-2005, 04:37 PM

I thought it was silly too. I\'ll find out the details from my dad and let you know. And since my dad went in to them week before last, that would explain the customer record problem.

I just assumed that Avante of Toronto and Avante in Richmond Hill were owned and operated by the same people.

Thanks for the feedback. I\'ll make an appointment with Mazda of Toronto soon.

FLIPDADY
05-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah they were owned by the same people but then they decided to merge the 2 stores just like PSIVIC mentioned. We have no connection to them other than the Mazda product. Next time you have any questions don\'t hesitate to call us.

->Joe

///M
05-27-2005, 07:12 PM
My car also went into Mazda of Toronto today for warranty work. They even washed my car after the work was done so it was nice and shiny when I picked it up. Great service!

What\'s the general guideline for car washing at the dealership? It\'s the first time I ever got my car washed after servicing (I didn\'t specifically request it either).

jl_1978
05-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Flipspeed, what\'s the charge for an oil change if I bring my own oil?

I\'ve had enough of Morningside Mazda. At my service last month, they gave me a list of items performed for the service and \"checking lights\" was checked off. I asked if they checked the lights, why didn\'t they notice my driver side fog light was out. They just said \"Really? Sorry.\" So I\'m not even sure if they did everything else I paid for or just changed my oil. I was running late for work so didn\'t bother saying anything else. Then I went to buy some touch up paint and they said they were out of stock but more were coming in the afternoon. I went back the next morning, and they told me the parts guy was wrong and my colour still wasn\'t in.

Anyways, you have Winning Blue in stock? If so, I\'ll come by tomorrow :)

FLIPDADY
05-30-2005, 04:52 PM
The oil change will cost you $22 with your oil. I have Winning Blue in stock so I\'ll put 1 aside for you.

billyfo
05-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Joe, I will go to your place to service for the 1st time :) around July, I want to change my transmission oil also. Last time I went to Avante RH, I brought 3 bottles of 948ml@(so total 2.8L), the advisor told me to get 1 more bottle cause it might not enough??? So do I need 1 more bottle? cause I know manual need around 2.8L of oil. Also do you always have touchup paint in stock? cause I need one bottle of T.Grey, thanks.

FLIPDADY
05-31-2005, 07:36 AM
I have Ti-grey in stock and yeah just in case the fluid isn\'t enough just bring it. The rest the tech can leave in your trunk.

FLIPDADY
06-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Great news!! Our sales team just got stronger with the return of Noah Wiseberg and Frank Metallo. Plus more technicians to serve you better.

TheProfessor
06-09-2005, 01:41 PM
That is good news:)

FLIPDADY
06-09-2005, 01:43 PM
It is because I know both of them have sold 3\'s to some of the members.

TheProfessor
06-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately for Noah he lost the deal for our 3 when he gave us some incorrect information, but I\'ve heard good things about him from other members.

Shat2
06-15-2005, 12:37 AM
i have a question, i want to go change my oil soon almost 6k ^^ if i give u guys synthetic oil to put in , will u guys void my warranty?:(

FLIPDADY
06-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Shat2

i have a question, i want to go change my oil soon almost 6k ^^ if i give u guys synthetic oil to put in , will u guys void my warranty?:(
Why would we void your warranty? You want to put synthetic oil in to protect your engine that\'s a good thing. Now if you never changed your oil and something was to happen to the engine then there would be a problem.

TheProfessor
06-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Flipspeed, I\'m gonna be at MofT this Friday (dropping off the 6 for the shock replacement).....you gonna be working?

FLIPDADY
06-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Flipspeed, I\'m gonna be at MofT this Friday (dropping off the 6 for the shock replacement).....you gonna be working?
Yup I\'ll be here.

TheProfessor
06-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Cool, I\'ll definately drop by and hopefully pick up a bottle of touch up paint (if you got the white in stock).

Shat2
06-15-2005, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by Shat2

Why would we void your warranty? You want to put synthetic oil in to protect your engine that\'s a good thing. Now if you never changed your oil and something was to happen to the engine then there would be a problem.e

thanx flipspeed ^^

FLIPDADY
06-15-2005, 05:33 PM
I\'ll put one aside for you.

TheProfessor
06-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks a lot man:)

Shat2
06-17-2005, 05:20 PM
lol whats the phone number of mazda of toronto or email? i wanna book an appointment to change me oil xD bought 5 bottles of mobil 1 0w20

FLIPDADY
06-17-2005, 05:25 PM
There in no direct line for service. So just call 416-642-7777 and ask for the service department.

Shat2
06-17-2005, 05:30 PM

There in no direct line for service. So just call 416-642-7777 and ask for the service department.
thx flipspeed btw what time does it close?

TheProfessor
06-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Well, I just picked up my 6 from MofT and I have to say, very impressed once again. I had to bring it in for a faulty shock absorber, and when I dropped it off this morning I told them about my rotors being possibly warped and another minor issue.......when I went to pick up the car, they fixed the minor issue, replaced the shock, and installed brand new rotors and pads, and did it in the time they said they would. Not a dime out of my pocket and Vince at service was very pleasant to deal with. Stopped by the parts to say hi to Flipspeed, nice guy BTW, picked up a bottle of touch up paint while I was there.

All in all, I would definately recommend this dealership:)

Shat2
06-17-2005, 08:40 PM

Well, I just picked up my 6 from MofT and I have to say, very impressed once again. I had to bring it in for a faulty shock absorber, and when I dropped it off this morning I told them about my rotors being possibly warped and another minor issue.......when I went to pick up the car, they fixed the minor issue, replaced the shock, and installed brand new rotors and pads, and did it in the time they said they would. Not a dime out of my pocket and Vince at service was very pleasant to deal with. Stopped by the parts to say hi to Flipspeed, nice guy BTW, picked up a bottle of touch up paint while I was there.

ya flipspeed is a nice guy, bought me mazda 3 oem mats from him ^^

TheProfessor
06-17-2005, 08:56 PM
I just noticed (okay, the wife did) that they also washed my car without me asking, and let me tell you it was filthy from the rain we\'ve been having. Once again, props to MofT.

///M
06-20-2005, 02:05 AM

You had your rotors covered under warranty?

At 40000km my front rotors are warped and grooved to a point where they need replacing. Front pads have about 50% left. Rears are even worse. Rotors are worn thin to the point they need replacing, and pads have 0% left on them.

I was told that since brakes were a \"wear item\" they weren\'t covered under warranty and that I needed 4 new brakes urgently, at a cost of over $800 with labour.

Joe - do you have any input on this? Thanks.

TheProfessor
06-20-2005, 08:26 AM
It was all covered......Vince from service told me that Mazda was aware of a problem on the earlier made 6\'s where the brakes were prone to warping. They installed a different set of rotors and pads on the car to fix the problem (same set is now being issued on all current production 6\'s). The car feels really good now, these brakes are definately better feeling than the previous set. I was speaking with my bro and he told me that his wife\'s Toyota Highlander also suffered from warped rotors a couple months back. He took it in, they called him and said it would cost $XXX.XX to fix, he argued that it should be under warranty, they said no, wear and tear, and he basically went over there, bitched them out, and they did it all under warranty!

FLIPDADY
06-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Hey Clem, the warranty on brakes is 1yr./20,000km on defect only. Same goes for other wear and tear items. The Mazda 6\'s had a bulletin for bad brakes but they have to be replaced within that warranty period. You said there was 50% left on the front pads? That\'s still a lot considering you got 40,000km on it.

Your doing brakes on it anyways right?;)

///M
06-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes...I\'m doing my brake......pads.

For rotors I couldn\'t find anything apart from KVR and I read some less than glowing reviews about them so I\'ll probably go back to the stock FoMoCo crap.

Also I find it weird how the rears wear so much faster than the fronts - I think it might be related to all the dust they produce.

MajesticBlueNTO
06-20-2005, 02:44 PM

Also I find it weird how the rears wear so much faster than the fronts - I think it might be related to all the dust they produce.

dust is a function of wear....give this man a detective hat...outstanding work sherlock

RedRaptor
06-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

dust is a function of wear....give this man a detective hat...outstanding work sherlock

LOL...be nice now...:D

MAZDA3_MIKE
06-30-2005, 12:20 PM

My car also went into Mazda of Toronto today for warranty work. They even washed my car after the work was done so it was nice and shiny when I picked it up. Great service!

What\'s the general guideline for car washing at the dealership? It\'s the first time I ever got my car washed after servicing (I didn\'t specifically request it either).

WASHED IT OMG ,I got mine back with a nice thick layer of dust and dirt inside/and out.i guess i will have to drive up to mazda of toronto and leave the car over night .the reason being is the car makes the nasty sound the loudest in the morning.Joe would your dealership help my sorry ass out ill remove my sticker lmao .I will not deal with the st catharines dealer .

fourtrack78
12-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Well i bought my mazda @ markham mazda. And by the sounds of it i will be coming to Mazda of toronto. See you guys Jan.29,2006

fourtrack78
12-01-2005, 03:58 PM
sorry Jan.28. 2006

FLIPDADY
12-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by fourtrack78

sorry Jan.28. 2006
Okey dokey!