PDA

View Full Version : tein H-tec

fu00fu
05-24-2005, 09:22 AM
i saw the pics of the S installed.. wanted to see pics of the H installed.. as i find S a bit too low for daily driving..

and if anyone have opinions of the H i like to hear it.. dont realy wat the ride to be too stiff.. as i have 2 kids to haul around..

SwooshICE
05-24-2005, 09:48 AM
same
i am looking to installed a set of Htech on my car too :)

chaser
05-24-2005, 02:51 PM
There was a guy (ti grey sport) who had H-Tech on from meet #9. If I didn\'t get him wrong, I think he said the H-Tech actually gives better ride than stock. Hope he will comment more \'coz I\'m interested at the H-Tech too.

///M
05-25-2005, 12:21 AM
I think he\'s under the handle Axela Mazda 3 on the board.

I saw his car at the last meet and while it does look a lot better than stock, it\'s not really all that low. It sits higher than even the Eibach Pro Kit I think.

RedRaptor
05-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

I think he\'s under the handle Axela Mazda 3 on the board.

I saw his car at the last meet and while it does look a lot better than stock, it\'s not really all that low. It sits higher than even the Eibach Pro Kit I think.

I\'m just curious, I\'ve seen your posts on M3F and also here on this forum about lowering. Has it not occurred to you that maybe people don\'t want their car to be super low like yours? Maybe most people don\'t want to deal with bumper damage in the winter time because a really low car like yours will act like a snow removal truck some days.

Its just a thought. You seem to be out to get people that either a) Haven\'t lowered their car b) Have lowered their car, but is not as low as yours. Don\'t get me wrong, your car looks really good that low, but living in the GTA, aren\'t you worried at all about the winter time?

Personally, I would not lower my car, but thats just me.

///M
05-25-2005, 01:51 AM
It\'s just my personal opinion that it looks a lot better lower, especially so if aftermarket rims have been installed. I think a drop would compliment many cars well, especially many of the newer cars that tend to ride higher than the older cars.

I\'m sure there are many people that don\'t like it low and have their reasons for that (pratical, personal or otherwise), but from my personal experiece I haven\'t had any major problems in winter due to lowering. I think lowering springs are a great mod - for about $200 they noticeably improve the handling and appearance of your car.

And I love the look of it low - the lower the better (well okay, not bagged).

SABIO
05-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, I have H-Tech Springs.... :)

but they aren\'t installed yet... :(

ummm.. well, actually , I still have to pick them up... :sarc But I did buy them. I could set up some pics, but you might have to wait a few days :sarc

SwooshICE
05-25-2005, 09:57 PM
I could set up some pics, but you might have to wait a few days

yay!! can\'t wait for the pics
don\'t forget to post a review of ride quality too :)

SABIO
05-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Springs and alignment won\'t be done until monday :(

I hope you can wait that long ;)

fu00fu
05-27-2005, 10:29 AM
sounds like i plan.. i can wait til after monday..

pics and review.. thanks man

SwooshICE
05-28-2005, 02:56 PM
hey sabio where are you getting the springs installed??

SABIO
05-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I won\'t involve you in a long sorid story. I will try and make it short.

A Porche Tuning shop. A Porche Tech. who opened his own place years ago. He has been on the Porche Factory Racing Team. He has cars shipped to him from all over N.A.
He worked with my mom. He only works on Porches, but.. as a favour to me he is gonna install the springs and do an alignment.

(this implies that I am in no way special) :) -short bus maybe-

...and I don\'t think it will be that cheap either....

SwooshICE
05-28-2005, 10:58 PM
awwwwww that sux

i m still looking for a good place to get them installed and aligned IF i reali decide on getting the springs

SwooshICE
05-31-2005, 11:06 PM
it\'s already tues!! where r the pics :p

Axela Mazda 3
06-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Sorrie guys for not posting a review after i got my h tech springs. I got my tein H tech at speedstate for $215. It\'s located at Steeles and Victoria park. You can check out their site www.speedstate.com. Here\'s the review, i hope you guys understand what im trying to decribe because this is my first lowered car so i can only compare them to the stock springs.
It terms of the low look, i love the front wheel gap, the rear wheel gap looks lowered but not enough for my taste (1.5\" front 1\" rear). As for the ride, these springs are definately stiffer then the stock springs but not rock solid stiff. When i go over bumps and railways the bounce is faster then the stock springs and there\'s not as much vibrations. I don\'t know if you guys understand me but an example would be comparing a slam dunk and a lay up. You land harder and harsher for a slam dunk and also air time is longer(stock). The tein feels lighter, jump is not as high and you land quicker. Sorrie if it\'s comfusing. Overall i love the h tech and my $215 is well spent. Oh, and i haven\'t experience any kind of rubbing every since i got them installed.
Pics:
ok...i can\'t upload the pics..why??>..i resized them to under 20000 bytes already but it always say error when i try to upload them

i uploaded the pics at imagestation
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125913163

SwooshICE
06-01-2005, 01:51 PM
sweet!
that\'s actually a lil lower than i thought it\'d look :)

are yer camber numbers within factory recommandation??

SABIO
06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
BEFORE

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_0427.jpg

AFTER
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_0460.jpg

SABIO
06-01-2005, 08:18 PM
FRONT

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_0468.jpg

REAR

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/sabio7/IMG_0469.jpg

Camber in the front was held within spec. Camber in the Rear was Right on the Line!!!
My Camber is -2.3 on the rear. The spec is -1.3 +/- 1. So thats why you get those wheels that look a litle tilted on the back.

1.5\" drop on the front and 1.25\" drop on the back.. but it still should settle....

SwooshICE
06-01-2005, 09:57 PM
That looks awesome!!!

I thought Htechs are only supposed to give about 1.4\" drop in the front and less than an inch in the rear.

Yours are already below that drop without the settling.
hmmm now i gota decide if i still want the springs, coz i won\'t be the only 1 driving the car.

fu00fu
06-06-2005, 11:35 AM
sweet guys.. thanks for postin the pics..

time to get my H-tec..

Candyman
06-17-2005, 10:45 PM
How much did you guys pay to lower your cars & for alignment? My friend ordered the springs for me & recommended a place to lower them. I still need to find a place to do my alignment. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Candyman

Junior
06-18-2005, 12:08 AM
no matter what anyone here tries to tell you.. anytime you lower the car or a car, you\'r going to have to adjust your driving habits acordingly .. no matter if your drop is 0.75\" or 2.5\" ... lower means you now have to get comfortable with the way your car sits and start testing what you can and can\'t clear, without rubbing the crap outta the oil pan...

I drive a P5 and I lowered my car on S-Techs (Teins) w/ Tokico Struts .. the drop is 1.9\" front & 1.5\" rear ... once it settles it just about 2\" lowe ron the front... ALL driveways have to be taken on an angle now, cause head on will scrape..

If you\'re not comfortable with the ADJUSTMENTS you\'ll have to make to your driving, then forget about lowering. Period.

Candyman
06-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Got my H-Techs installed today. I love the way it looks. I thought it didn\'t feel any different until my wife drove right over a pothole. Ouch:(

Once it settles, does the ride get a little smoother? It\'s pretty stiff as it is right now. Not sure how happy the wife is going to be. I love the look & the handling.

I try posting pics once I get my hands on a digicam

Candyman

SABIO
06-18-2005, 11:51 PM
It does take a bit to settle... a few thousand km\'s. I liked the firm feel the first week or so, it has settled in to a more stable ride already. I wouldn\'t say softer, but they do feel like they have a bit more give (flow) the more I drive on them. Yes, those bumps and holes are our mortal enemy now but just be smart and they should not cause a problem.

You should get an alignment if you haven\'t already.

Shat2
06-19-2005, 12:37 AM
hmmm tein h techs sounds good too me, i wanna lower my car but i don\'t want it to turn into a plow in the winter, or get the oil pan scratched liked a mofo. How much do the h techs cost? :)
*edit* also will it kill my stock suspension?

SwooshICE
06-19-2005, 04:37 PM
I try posting pics once I get my hands on a digicam

yes pics :p

Candyman
06-20-2005, 12:59 AM
My friend hook me up with the springs for $201 & $120 for the installation. I still need to get the alignment. So it\'s going to cost $400 total to drop the car. But it is worth it. I\'ve only had it two days & I\'ve gotten tons of compliments.

Thanks Sabio for the input. I hope the ride will flow better after a few Km like you said. Then it\'ll be perfect.

Candyman

Junior
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Shat2 *edit* also will it kill my stock suspension?

YES... your stock shocks will wear much faster, due to the lower stance and the added strain

SABIO
06-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Junior

YES... your stock shocks will wear much faster, due to the lower stance and the added strain

I kinda disagree with that. The shocks are actually travelling less when they are lowered. Any strain would be on the control arms/links from the geometry being changed.
Shocks and struts last years anyway........

Shat2
06-21-2005, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

I kinda disagree with that. The shocks are actually travelling less when they are lowered. Any strain would be on the control arms/links from the geometry being changed.
the things sabio make sense, i don\'t think or hope they don\'t kill my shocks. once i get back from HK ima go buy SPRINGS :) :)

Junior
06-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

i would STILL say that your shocks will wear faster. WHY? cause the shock will now be compressed further down than they were intended to sit at... hence more wear on \"The Stock\" setup... now if you go and change ur shocks while doing your springs, and you use something worthwile, for fure, your struts will last longer... BUT stcok shocks WILL go 3x faster than if you left the stock springs ... Alot of the guys on TOP that have ONLY done springs can attest to the rapid wear on their stock struts ... just so you\'re aware

EDIT: shocks last years, BUT it also depends on driving habits... most people that consider lowering is prolly doing it for the enchanced handling aspect and they prolly do some spirited driving ... causing the rapid wear

MZ3Luv
08-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by autoexe

It\'s just my personal opinion that it looks a lot better lower, especially so if aftermarket rims have been installed. I think a drop would compliment many cars well, especially many of the newer cars that tend to ride higher than the older cars.

I\'m sure there are many people that don\'t like it low and have their reasons for that (pratical, personal or otherwise), but from my personal experiece I haven\'t had any major problems in winter due to lowering. I think lowering springs are a great mod - for about $200 they noticeably improve the handling and appearance of your car.

And I love the look of it low - the lower the better (well okay, not bagged).

I totally agree with you...different ppl have different needs or wants....I\'m a big fan of having my car lower the lowest it gets..and i live up in markham...i see those stupid civics have there car lowered until they cant move anymore...but they do\'nt seem too bad...(the stiffer the better the lower the better)