PDA

View Full Version : Chalk another one up for Avanti

DJB
05-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Well, finally took the plunge.
Finished the deal with Avanti today on a 2005 M3 Sport GT 5spd Leather/MRoof/AC in Winning Blue Mica.

Ran me $28, 670

(actually more than that after the rustproofing and a couple of accessories, but giving the #\'s as the car is valued for any prospective buyers to get an idea)

True total worked out to be $29,406 (Rustproofing, Cargo Tray, Rear Bumper step plate etc)
and got the 48month (100,000km) warranty with the $100 gas card (current promotion).

Great bunch of guys there at Avanti, they even gave me the \"2.3\" tags for the side of the car ALREADY and they gentleman at the the parts counter was nice enough to throw in a nice Mazda3 baseball hat for free as well! (I know, may be little things... but just makes me think that these guys are truly one of the (if not the) best Mazda dealers around).

DJ\'B

BTW, Big thanks going out to Noah (Rep who took care of me thru the deal) and Jeff (Mr. Finance ;) ) I would highly recommend these guys to anybody who is planning on visiting Avanti for their next purchas. They really made the whole process about as comfortable as it can be!

Flagrum_3
05-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Congradulations!! Nice Choice,

When\'s your car expected to arrive or did they have it?

I just finalized today also and hoping to have it by middle of June.:D

_3

DJB
05-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Well, started the process a few days ago (just did the finalization today), so... they were already searching for one. They told me today that they have located one, but it hasn\'t been set in motion yet. I\'m expecting it to be somewhere around 1 month away (hopefully). I have expressed to them that there is no real hurry on getting it to the lot. Not that I\'m not excited about it, but the longer it takes to be delivered, the longer I have to come up with the down payment (which will take me about 3 weeks to come up with).

What did you order?

DJ\'B

rinse
05-29-2005, 12:36 PM
i bought mine on may 9th, still waiting for the call.

i want it now!

bubu416
05-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Bought my car on the 17th....still waiting...man can\'t w8!!

Hey, any1 know how to get the \"2.3\" tag on the side of the car? I saw some car has it & some don\'t??

bubu416

majic
05-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by bubu416

Bought my car on the 17th....still waiting...man can\'t w8!!

Hey, any1 know how to get the \"2.3\" tag on the side of the car? I saw some car has it & some don\'t??

bubu416

if you bought one with a 2.3L engine you should get them... if you don\'t, ask at the dealership.. sometimes they put them on during the first oil change.

DJB
05-29-2005, 09:59 PM
I asked about the 2.3 tags when we finished the deal. They said that they were no longer putting them on the 2005 M3\'s, but they took me into the parts department and handed me two tags to put on when the car arrives. So, i guess you can say that I already have part of my car... lol.

DJ\'B

TheProfessor
05-30-2005, 08:08 AM
I\'m glad they didn\'t put it on ours......I like the look of the car without them (cleaner).

Flagrum_3
05-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

I\'m glad they didn\'t put it on ours......I like the look of the car without them (cleaner).

Our second that! I\'m thinking of putting one emblem on the engine cover when I paint it.:)

_3

Optimzer
05-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Flagrum_3

Originally posted by PSIVIC

Our second that! I\'m thinking of putting one emblem on the engine cover when I paint it.:)

_3

wonder if the glue / tape that holds the emblem in place will hold up to the heat esp in summer? I think most things in the engine bay are clipped on..:sarc

Flagrum_3
05-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Optimzer; I\'am thinking maybe of bolting it on to the cover with very small counter-sunk bolts....I\'ll have to see.

And DJB; I just got a call from Scarborough Mazda 4 weeeeeeeeeks for delivery....uuuurrrrrrggggggh, ....man!!

_3

Optimzer
05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Flagrum_3

Optimzer; I\'am thinking maybe of bolting it on to the cover with very small counter-sunk bolts....I\'ll have to see.

And DJB; I just got a call from Scarborough Mazda 4 weeeeeeeeeks for delivery....uuuurrrrrrggggggh, ....man!!

_3

don\'t worry about the wait - it\'s worth it given that you\'re getting exactly the options and colour you want! I\'m glad I waited for mine in Arctic White and didn\'t pick what was on the lot. :D

I\'d like to see this mod - I dont\' want to get them on the body of my car either but it\'d look nice on the engine cover!

Optimzer
05-30-2005, 01:05 PM
a post (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2579) that says the engine cover doesn\'t get too hot after driving. don\'t know myself...never touched it after driving... :sarc

Flagrum_3
05-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Optimzer

a post (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2579) that says the engine cover doesn\'t get too hot after driving. don\'t know myself...never touched it after driving... :sarc

Yeah I read that post, I\'ll try finding some heat resistant clue first but if I can\'t I\'ll bolt it.;)

TheProfessor
05-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Flagrum_3And DJB; I just got a call from Scarborough Mazda 4 weeeeeeeeeks for delivery....uuuurrrrrrggggggh, ....man!!

_3

No worries man, we had to wait four weeks also for our white one to get to Scarboro.....and it was worth the wait!

MissNoName(Un
05-30-2005, 07:29 PM
I was wondering why my car didn\'t come with the 2.3 plate cause my protege had it.

Why did they stop putting it on the cars?

DJB
05-30-2005, 07:29 PM
4 weeks! wow.
I feel sorry for you. But as for me, I\'m kinda relieved that it will take at least that long. In order for me to keep my monthly financing rates low, I decided to put down 10 g\'s towards the car (and I\'m not quite there yet lol) but I will no doubt have the cash by a months time. I just hope it takes Avanti that long to deliver my car.
I\'m not really all that worried, they are aware of my financial plans for the car and said to me that if it did come in early, they\'d hold it on the lot for a couple of weeks before I pick it up. Who knows, I might even win the lotto and not even have to worry about it ;) then all I\'d have to do is make sure there\'s enough room on my driveway for the 3 and a Porsche lol.

Anyway, try not to think of it that much and the month will fly by quickly (I know that sounds hard... but \"try\" is the key-word)

oh, and MissNoName, aparently they stopped putting the 2.3 plates on the M3 for the 2005 model... the 2004\'s all had the plate on them (if they had that engine).

DJ\'B

rinse
05-31-2005, 04:16 PM
picking up my 3 today from Avante after work.

Got to see it last night and it looks great :D

Flagrum_3
05-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by rinse

picking up my 3 today from Avante after work.

Got to see it last night and it looks great :D

Hey Congrats rinse,...don\'t forget to po some pics!

_3

Jeff-TheBiz
06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey DJB

First off thanks for the kudos...

As of today your car is still at \"PRD\" production state.. I will keep you up to date.

JH

DJB
06-03-2005, 06:44 PM
LoL
NP Jeff, I give prop\'s where they\'re due ;)

Thanks for the update on the car!

Talk to you soon!

DJ\'B