PDA

View Full Version : MicroFibre Towels

OTUA YM
05-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Dollarama sells 32cm X 32cm MicroFibre towels for a $1.00

They are not the highest quality, but for a buck,
they are great for cleaning around your door sills/frame and around the engine compartment.
Heck, at that price they are practically disposable !!!

I find them to be just the right size for giving your rims a quick wipe down,
And they are handy for giving the dash a quick cleaning too.

Newlook
05-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Just a quick question about microfibre... do they scratch the paint?

Flagrum_3
05-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Just a quick question about microfibre... do they scratch the paint?

Not if you wash it first!

From what I\'ve read they are the lastest greatest thing out there for drying or buffing your vehicle.Now I don\'t know about the $1 ones, but the good ones are made of synthetic fibre thats wooven pretty tight and thinner than a human hair.I just bought a pack of them @ CT and going to test them out on my present ride.

_3

Optimzer
05-30-2005, 01:18 PM
I use them for my interior b/c I find they get rid of dust well (just shake the dust off every once in a while). :p

I also use them to buff the wax off my car and wiping down the \'interior\' metal parts that you see when you open doors and such.

Flagrum_3
05-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Optimzer

I use them for my interior b/c I find they get rid of dust well (just shake the dust off every once in a while). :p

I also use them to buff the wax off my car and wiping down the \'interior\' metal parts that you see when you open doors and such.

Now Optimzer be a good little boy and don\'t forget to wax those \'interior\' metal parts:D

I use the California Interior Duster myself, its works great.(no shaking required):p

_3

Optimzer
05-30-2005, 03:55 PM
but what happens to the dust if you don\'t shake it? maybe this duster has some special anti-dust technology? :)

as far as waxing those interior metal parts...don\'t get me started. now if only I kept my office as clean as I keep my car! hahaa! :D

OTUA YM
05-30-2005, 09:02 PM
MicroFibre towels are great for drying your car.
... way better than using a chamois !!!
I always felt that a chamois could cause scratches,
But the MicroFibre towels seem so much more softer and safer on the car.

Get yourself TWO LARGE high quality towels.
Use one to sop up most of the water,
And use the second towel to wipe up any remaining water spots.

As for the engine campartment and around the door frames, the Dollarama towels are perfect.
Why use your good towels and get them full of dirt and grease.
These towels are pretty good for the price and like I said before, practically disposable.
Great for wiping your rims too !!!

Optimzer.... I know how you feel.
My desk is buried under a pile of paper.
I\'ve been planning on cleaning my office for months now..... but my car comes first !!! :D

Optimzer
05-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by OTUA YM

Optimzer.... I know how you feel.
My desk is buried under a pile of paper.
I\'ve been planning on cleaning my office for months now..... but my car comes first !!! :D

haha - at least you have some *plans* to clean your desk! :p

Xenon
05-30-2005, 11:04 PM
I use \"shop towels\" for the engine bay.... it\'s not that roll of blue paper-like towels tho... i guess you can call them shop rags.

It\'s basically a thin canvas like material. Very strong, they haven\'t ripped or anything like that on me once. I use them for the engine bay and the inside of the rims.

It\'s like $5 for a 5 pack at Canadian Tire. I thought I\'d pick up a pack and try it out. Not bad at all.

As for Microfibre, The only time I use that is waxing. When washing the car I use a Simoniz Sponge that has two sides, one is a light white fluffy side and the other side is covered in mesh for bugs.

Drying, i use the California Wiperblade on the flat serfices and a normal towel for the more curvy areas of the car that the blade can\'t reach or clean well.

BLUPAULS
07-17-2005, 04:36 AM
I get all my Microfibre products from www.lastingshine.ca .
He is a mobile retailer and does delivery in the GTA.