PDA

View Full Version : Cons of the Mazda3

Pages : [1] 2 3

Krakilin
06-07-2005, 01:16 PM
- No traction control but there\'s ABS, I wish it was the other way around.
- No heated seats (don\'t get leather)
- Rear seats are kinda hard
- Gay looking pedals, why is the break and clutch so small!
- Handbreak button is plastic, I can\'t believe they cheap out on that one, should have made the button in shinny silver to match with the stick.
- Trunk cannot be opened remotely with keychain.
- Too many mazda3\'s on the streets, make sure you don\'t get silver!

SoopaBanana
06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
I thought there is traction control...

Everything else is not really a con but ur personal taste

EDIT: my dislikes of the 3: the squeaky brakes and the shitty tires...

TheProfessor
06-07-2005, 02:17 PM
You have to rememver that this is still Mazda\'s entry level car. Consider yourself lucky that you get as many features as you do. The heated option will supposedly arrive for the 2006 models (with the leather package if I\'m not mistaken). The tires do suck, no argument there.

Flagrum_3
06-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Krakilin

- Handbreak button is plastic, I can\'t believe they cheap out on that one, should have made the button in shinny silver to match with the stick.

-The Mazda is \"zoom zoom\" traction control?Do you want to drive the car, or have the car drive for you?

-No heated seats, oh poor baby How about a blanky?:D Its a Sport... your not supposed to have leather IMHO.

-I don\'t see any problem with the pedals:sarc

-shiny silver Handbrake button? .....

-Trunk cannot be opened remotely with keychain? Last time I looked it could.

-Too many 3\'s? I guess there is still hope for people.:) The more sold the more parts availability!

My only beef....No dead pedal.
Oterwise I think for the class of vehicle,we get an amazinglynice interior, Beautifuly contoured body and great handling...What more could you want?

:D :D

_3

TheProfessor
06-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the lack of a dead pedal is mind boggling.....how much could it have possibly cost to just put a matching piece of rubber there?

m_a_t_r_i_x
06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
poor airconditioning....

RedRaptor
06-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SoopaBanana

If you haven\'t noticed, all OEM tires from the factory suck. If you don\'t believe me, do a quick survey of the tires that come with from the factory. The only cars that sport nice tires are bimmers and benz.

If you don\'t like the tires, be like most of us and just buy new performance tires.

I think some of us expect too much out of an econonmy class car. ;)

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Actually I can say that we already have the best and most features among the same class, look at the CIVICs and COROLLAs, they don\'t even have a standard 4 wheel disc brake, not to mention the AUTO LIGHT CONTROL and RAIN SENSING WIPERS which we all have :D

Also the things that u mentioned are all actually available on the US-SPEC, however; the fact is the more features the more money it costs, it even has HID or Navigation system available, then it wraps up to around CAD$30k w/all fully loaded feature. BUT WHO WANTS A $30K MAZDA 3 THOUGH? :(

The Exile
06-07-2005, 07:55 PM
My biggest beef with the 3?

No friggin\' side airbags, even as an option!

I guess cuz we live in CANADA Mazda thinks our free health care will get them off the hook ... :(

pigeoncamera
06-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by m_a_t_r_i_x

poor airconditioning....

Ditto. With the all black interior, it\'s a bitch getting things comfy on hot days, and it\'s only June. I\'d trade rain-sensing wipers for a more robust AC anyday.

The dead pedal and better tires would be nice. And the centre intrument panel intrudes too much into the foot space. I think that\'s why many of us feel like the pedals are too close together.

But these are minor annoyances. The more I drive it, the more I love it.

Optimzer
06-07-2005, 09:05 PM
I\'d say the lack of side airbags, and stupid brakes that seem to get lots of brake dust esp. on the rear wheels. Also - the fact that you can\'t pick the interior colour (ie - red, blue, black, or beige) independent of the colour.

But otherwise I\'m happy with what I got give what I\'ve paid :D

dredd2099
06-07-2005, 10:40 PM
all small stuff, nitpicking actually

for me, biggest 1 i see is the all in one centre console
must agree w/ why no dead pedal as well
otherwise, dang, its a great car
specially w/ the addtnl features u get compared to the civics and corollas as mr delay said

for the rest
well, mazda had to cut some corners to achieve their price target, no?
ur still ahead w/ the other features

:D

dredd2099
06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

If you haven\'t noticed, all OEM tires from the factory suck. If you don\'t believe me, do a quick survey of the tires that come with from the factory. The only cars that sport nice tires are bimmers and benz.

If you don\'t like the tires, be like most of us and just buy new performance tires.

eh heh
im pretty happy w/the stock ones i got
they shoved hi perf summer tires on mine
(of course lots of ppl still complained coz they wanted all seasons for the most part)

Krakilin
06-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Flagrum_3

Yeah, the button on the handbreak is made out of plastic, doesn\'t match with my stick which is shinny metalic silver

Huh, did you add that as an accessory? I have a mazda GT with GFX package and my keychain doesn\'t have a button for the trunk.

Don\'t get my wrong, I love my Mazda3, such an awesome car, I\'m just listing the \"cons\" for the car, obviously I wouldn\'t list the \"pros\" then otherwise i\'ll be few pages long.

///M
06-08-2005, 01:50 AM
AC sucks
squeaks and rattles (even when the car was brand new)

FLIPDADY
06-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Everyone stop whining you got all these features on a entry level car for a good price. Add all these standard features to any other car and you\'d be paying $30,000 plus.

As for the trunk release feature it\'s not even an option and only available on the 6 and the 8.

Flagrum_3
06-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Krakilin

Yeah, the button on the handbreak is made out of plastic, doesn\'t match with my stick which is shinny metalic silver

Huh, did you add that as an accessory? I have a mazda GT with GFX package and my keychain doesn\'t have a button for the trunk.

Don\'t get my wrong, I love my Mazda3, such an awesome car, I\'m just listing the \"cons\" for the car, obviously I wouldn\'t list the \"pros\" then otherwise i\'ll be few pages long.

You never mentioned which model you had,...on the hatch when you unlock the doors with the keyfob it unlocks the hatch.

And as for the handbreak I think you can get a nice shiny silver button one as an accessory:)

_3

Whos ur dadd
06-08-2005, 11:45 AM

You never mentioned which model you had,...on the hatch when you unlock the doors with the keyfob it unlocks the hatch.

I think they mean a button which would pop open the hatch/trunk, not merely unlocking it.

I agree with Flippy; we have a great product with tremendous value. If you want even more stuff, you\'ll be paying for it.

SourcE
06-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Its a god-send compared to the Civic I had. No complaints really except for the dusting and the moonroof not opening enough on tilt

Fuman
06-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by dredd2099

Originally posted by RedRaptor

eh heh
im pretty happy w/the stock ones i got
they shoved hi perf summer tires on mine
(of course lots of ppl still complained coz they wanted all seasons for the most part)

which dealership did u go to? / sales person.
was it a freebie?

pigeoncamera
06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Everyone stop whining you got all these features on a entry level car for a good price. Add all these standard features to any other car and you\'d be paying $30,000 plus.

As for the trunk release feature it\'s not even an option and only available on the 6 and the 8.

I don\'t think we\'re whining.

We obviously all love the car, or we wouldn\'t be members of an internet forum to discuss it\'s aspects and nuances, including the things that bug us. I think we all realize that we got value for our money, otherwise we wouldn\'t have bought the car in the first place.

That being said, there are subtleties that could be improved, just like most things we own or have.

bluntman
06-08-2005, 03:04 PM
I want to do the mod that migiddy did to his car, he bolted on an RX8 6 speed manual transmission onto his Mazda3!!! :p :p :p

chinsterr
06-08-2005, 03:23 PM
The centre console \'thingy\' , what is up with that ?!? its going to cost me alot $$$$ to put in an aftermarket deck (unless i opt to have it in the glove box).

Oh, and those blinking lights that blink everytime you adjust the volume (still part of console). Was this a marketing gimmick to draw in young people ? Well im 18, and i think the lights are TACKY. Maybe mazda put those lights to entice the 50+ market seeing as they probably never had that sort of stuff back in the day :p j/j. What will they think of next ? strobe lights ? disco ball? ***lol i think someone at Univ has that one, but ya, you guys get the point

- i also agree with the brake dust issue on the rear tires
- no heated leather seats ? i have the leather option but i wish there were a butt warmer option to compliment it

Other than that listed above, i am very happy with my 3. I test drove over 8 cars, and the mazda came up well on top (plus pops got discount on it, woot!)

majic
06-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by chinsterr
Oh, and those blinking lights that blink everytime you adjust the volume (still part of console). Was this a marketing gimmick to draw in young people ? Well im 18, and i think the lights are TACKY. Maybe mazda put those lights to entice the 50+ market seeing as they probably never had that sort of stuff back in the day :p j/j. What will they think of next ? strobe lights ? disco ball? ***lol i think someone at Univ has that one, but ya, you guys get the point

if you press the right knob you can cycle through bass/fade/treble/etc, one of the opions is \'ilum effect on/off\' just change it to off and one of the \'cons\' is off your list :)

chinsterr
06-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by majic

if you press the right knob you can cycle through bass/fade/treble/etc, one of the opions is \'ilum effect on/off\' just change it to off and one of the \'cons\' is off your list :)

but will that turn off the cd track number light ?

Optimzer
06-08-2005, 08:12 PM

personally I like it - got into many of a close-calls looking at my dash & console especially at night! :D

majic
06-08-2005, 08:30 PM

but will that turn off the cd track number light ?

umm the which? :p

just try it out ;) it will turn off the red leds that light up when you skip tracks and when you increase/decrease volume

PiCASSO
06-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

Actually I can say that we already have the best and most features among the same class, look at the CIVICs and COROLLAs, they don\'t even have a standard 4 wheel disc brake, not to mention the AUTO LIGHT CONTROL and RAIN SENSING WIPERS which we all have :D

I can\'t STAND the AUTO WIPERs!!! Please allow me at least some control over the speed of the wipers. It\'s always too fast when it\'s just spitting outside. Otherwise spend that money elsewhere in the car, like better rear brake pads that don\'t leave daily dust.

AUTO LIGHTS? Another lazy invention for people who don\'t know day from night. Useless feature that could of been spent on something else in the vehicle. Like better rear brake pads.

These two \'features\' could easily sell for $500 as an option. Just imagine what you could get for $500? Perhaps a better amplifier in the radio head unit?

Nuf Said,

PiCASSO

UPDATE: MAZDA of CANADA, if you are reading this, please don\'t put useless features on these vehicles and place the money elsewhere.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Yes I agreed, I was just saying that we have the most features, but I didn\'t mean to say the most useful features......Yet the rain-sensing wiper thing works fine for me so far, but that Auto light control thing is really an unuseful feature, but as u mentioned, I\'ve rather sacrifice these above features from some other things found usefully, e.g. Stock 6-CD changer, Heated seats or even HID.

RedRaptor
06-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by PiCASSO

Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

I can\'t STAND the AUTO WIPERs!!! Please allow me at least some control over the speed of the wipers. It\'s always too fast when it\'s just spitting outside. Otherwise spend that money elsewhere in the car, like better rear brake pads that don\'t leave daily dust.

AUTO LIGHTS? Another lazy invention for people who don\'t know day from night. Useless feature that could of been spent on something else in the vehicle. Like better rear brake pads.

These two \'features\' could easily sell for $500 as an option. Just imagine what you could get for $500? Perhaps a better amplifier in the radio head unit?

Nuf Said,

PiCASSO

UPDATE: MAZDA of CANADA, if you are reading this, please don\'t put useless features on these vehicles and place the money elsewhere.

Thats funny...Mazda puts in two very nice features that luxuary cars like Benz and BMW have standard and they get bitched at. Maybe you are better off with a car like a Civic...:sarc
Because honestly, I love those two features.

DivineWind
06-17-2005, 03:12 AM
I have to agree, Brake pads you can change yourself. Just to clarify, does the center console problem mean i cannt stick a dvdplayer/navi screen in the 3 ?

Zaku_4
06-17-2005, 03:21 AM
hmm,

i like the auto wipers and headlights. my biggest complaint wiht the car is the brake dust at the rear ><! its a combination of weird pads and the way the car is vented, it all goes to the back. oh well lol. an option i REALLY would have wanted is HID\'s, LED tails, and 5speed autobox; the last 2 are solved apparently for the new 05 models which sucks for me =/. but thats OK =)

i really like this car, very few cons compared to other vehicles

Optimzer
06-17-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Zaku_4

hmm,

i like the auto wipers and headlights. my biggest complaint wiht the car is the brake dust at the rear ><! its a combination of weird pads and the way the car is vented, it all goes to the back. oh well lol. an option i REALLY would have wanted is HID\'s, LED tails, and 5speed autobox; the last 2 are solved apparently for the new 05 models which sucks for me =/. but thats OK =)

definitely not the 05\'s b/c if LED tails and xenons were an option, I would have had them! forget leather! :p

FLIPDADY
06-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by DivineWind

I have to agree, Brake pads you can change yourself. Just to clarify, does the center console problem mean i cannt stick a dvdplayer/navi screen in the 3 ?
You can still put one in the upper dash panel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7980318657&catego ry=33646

TheProfessor
06-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Optimzer

hmm,

definitely not the 05\'s b/c if LED tails and xenons were an option, I would have had them! forget leather! :p

The LED tails (Sport only) and 5 spd auto are available on the 2006 models.

chaser
06-17-2005, 11:41 AM

I agree! The wipers always wipe more frequently than they need to.

I almost forgot it has the Auto light feature. I\'ve never used it since HID installed. Simply don\'t want the HIDs to be turned on for a few seconds in garage and off when roll out.

Shat2
06-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by chaser

I almost forgot it has the Auto light feature. I\'ve never used it since HID installed. Simply don\'t want the HIDs to be turned on for a few seconds in garage and off when roll out.

if i rmb u can set the sensitivity for the wipers, just read the manual :p

iconicrocket
06-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by m_a_t_r_i_x

poor airconditioning....

Thats my biggest BEEF with the Mazda3. Someone should have had a fix for this by now. Damn, looks like I\'m going to have to suffer the heat this summer. Hopefully my new tints that I\'m putting in next week will make it bearable.

Mazda of Canada should take a look at this. Don\'t the states have a diffuser kit for this? Why don\'t we have it up here?!?

wtom
06-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by iconicrocket

Mazda of Canada should take a look at this. Don\'t the states have a diffuser kit for this? Why don\'t we have it up here?!?

But we do! And it comes with the cabin air-filter! :)

http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2693

chaser
06-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Shat2

that doesn\'t work at all ...:(

RedRaptor
06-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

hmm,

The LED tails (Sport only) and 5 spd auto are available on the 2006 models.

From what FlIPSPEED said in the other thread, this is not true. The only changes are the colour additions and deletions. TheBiz confirmed those changes as well.

majic
06-17-2005, 03:48 PM

agreed.. they wipe too fast even at the lowest setting.. and they lag too far behind (eg. spitting turns into a downpour..) it takes a few wipes before they catch up)

Shat2
06-17-2005, 04:20 PM

its on pg 5-46 or somthing like that, idunno it workz for me ^^

majic
06-17-2005, 05:38 PM
i think what chaser and i mean by \"it doesn\'t work\" is \"it doesn\'t work properly\" or \"you can barely tell the difference between all the way \'+\' and all the way \'-\'\"

sometimes there\'s so little rain when it attempts to wipe it and it smears the dust that\'s on the windshield.. IMO the sensors are either too sensitive and too slow to respond.. still it\'s a nice feature to have..

wtom
07-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Location of the cabin air-filter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miggiddy
07-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

I want to do the mod that migiddy did to his car, he bolted on an RX8 6 speed manual transmission onto his Mazda3!!! :p :p :p

WTF? I want that mod too...oh wait I already have it (apparently) Pics to come soon. :sarc :D :D :D

Oh yeah my 2 cents:

1. AC isn\'t the greatest (had to say it)
2. auto sensing wipers suck, give me variable!
3. I know other cars in the class don\'t have it either but a trunk release on the key FOB would be awesome
4. I\'m seeing way too many 3\'s out on the road so everyone stop buying them :P
5. Not that I ever need it due to remote locks but ever notice how there is no keyhole on the front passenger door, more cost savings there.
6. It is the bottom of the Mazda family so we can\'t have it all, too bad.

m_a_t_r_i_x
07-27-2005, 06:55 PM
yeah before i forget, cheap carpet ( i thought it was felt paper) and floor mats.....i understand they are trying to lower down the cost but not on the top trim models!

Upyerkilt
07-28-2005, 11:54 PM
FLOOR MATS!

I just picked my car up yesterday and noticed how tiny the floor mats are compared to my old P5 they don\'t cover nearly as well I found in the P5 it was a challenge getting them to fit properly but too much carpet is better than too little!
but if that\'s one of my only complaints so far then I can live with it!

elt09
08-02-2005, 02:18 PM
haven\'t gotten my 3 yet, but from my test drive, the 2 major things i disliked:

no trunk release on remote

annoying as hell seatbelt warning that won\'t go away (yes cause im a lazy shit that doesnt like to put on his seatbelt for short trips :p )

m_a_t_r_i_x
08-02-2005, 04:21 PM
annoying as hell seatbelt warning that won\'t go away (yes cause im a lazy shit that doesnt like to put on his seatbelt for short trips )

this can be disabled...check the manual or ur dealer can do it for u....

MAZDA Kitten
08-02-2005, 04:22 PM
It doesnt iron my clothes... booooooo http://www.solo2.org/ubb/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Fuman
08-02-2005, 04:29 PM
dun remind me, I have to iron my shirt for work tmr

JohnnyBoy
08-04-2005, 12:37 AM
My biggest beef would be the \"Hello...\" message on the Led display. EVERY chick that sat in my car mentions how cute or nice that is....

LOOK your car says HI!! HI mazda3 how are you!!!:sarc

Sorry Ladies, I had to call you on that :D hehe

majic
08-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyBoy

My biggest beef would be the \"Hello...\" message on the Led display. EVERY chick that sat in my car mentions how cute or nice that is....

just tell them \"it\'s b/c my car likes you\" :D

Optimzer
08-04-2005, 10:42 PM

I wish you could edit that message - I don\'t know what I\'d put but I\'m sure I would be highly amused by it..

lonewolf
08-05-2005, 12:26 PM

I wish you could edit that message - I don\'t know what I\'d put but I\'m sure I would be highly amused by it..

wonder if anyone would be able to rig up an interface or find a way of modifying it. I Wonder if the diagnostic port would have the access to change it.

come to think of it does it say Bonjour in quebec? it must be changable and i don\'t think they would swap out a chip to do it.

ds2chan
08-11-2005, 01:21 AM
my biggest beef is how shaky the car is when the car goes from 1st to 2nd gear. Btw, I have an automatic. My friend told me the same thing happens in his car too. Is this that common??

Also, the steering could be better.

wtom
08-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ds2chan

my biggest beef is how shaky the car is when the car goes from 1st to 2nd gear. Btw, I have an automatic. My friend told me the same thing happens in his car too. Is this that common??

How many kilometers do you have on the car? Some people have been able to smooth this vibrating a little bit by purchasing a cable with O-connectors attached at the ends and grounding the Engine Throttle Body to the car body. Try a search for either ETB and/or Engine Grounding. This mod doesn\'t work for 100% of the attemptees; it did jack for me when I grounded my engine.

What\'s the steering doing that you don\'t like? My initial reaction when driving this car, new, on rough roads was how the steering wheel would jolt easily at the smallest pot hole or crater on the road. This is actually normal. Just keep both hands at the 10 and 2 positions and you\'ll be fine. :D

EDIT: Wait a sec ... I know you!!! haha nice meeting you at the BBQ :p

ds2chan
08-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by wtom

How many kilometers do you have on the car? Some people have been able to smooth this vibrating a little bit by purchasing a cable with O-connectors attached at the ends and grounding the Engine Throttle Body to the car body. Try a search for either ETB and/or Engine Grounding. This mod doesn\'t work for 100% of the attemptees; it did jack for me when I grounded my engine.

What\'s the steering doing that you don\'t like? My initial reaction when driving this car, new, on rough roads was how the steering wheel would jolt easily at the smallest pot hole or crater on the road. This is actually normal. Just keep both hands at the 10 and 2 positions and you\'ll be fine. :D

EDIT: Wait a sec ... I know you!!! haha nice meeting you at the BBQ :p

That\'s what I was going to say. How did you know it was me though?? Lucky guess?? I\'m guessing it\'s from my signature and the fact that that was my first post. Just put 2 and 2 together..

I only have 1000 km on my car. Chau was saying how jerky his is. I think it happens when you accelerate too quickly from a stopping position. If I just accelerate at a moderate pace then you don\'t really feel it. I don\'t know what cable u\'r talking aboot. Then again, I don\'t know jack about cars.

The steering doesn\'t feel as responsive as, say, the Jetta. I test drove the 2006 Jetta and the steering was amazing. The steering on the Mazda 3 just feels really loose. My friend test drove the Mazda 3 and Jetta with me and said the same thing. Also, the steering wheel doesn\'t turn back to it\'s original position after letting go of the steering wheel. I have to turn it back. Is that suppose to happen??

wtom
08-11-2005, 02:42 PM

That\'s what I was going to say. How did you know it was me though?? Lucky guess?? I\'m guessing it\'s from my signature and the fact that that was my first post. Just put 2 and 2 together..

I only have 1000 km on my car. Chau was saying how jerky his is. I think it happens when you accelerate too quickly from a stopping position. If I just accelerate at a moderate pace then you don\'t really feel it. I don\'t know what cable u\'r talking aboot. Then again, I don\'t know jack about cars.

The steering doesn\'t feel as responsive as, say, the Jetta. I test drove the 2006 Jetta and the steering was amazing. The steering on the Mazda 3 just feels really loose. My friend test drove the Mazda 3 and Jetta with me and said the same thing. Also, the steering wheel doesn\'t turn back to it\'s original position after letting go of the steering wheel. I have to turn it back. Is that suppose to happen??

Haha I asked Karen what your last name is. :)

I don\'t know about the jerkiness of both your 3s nor can I comment more on the steering, but with regards to the grounding cable, the \"main\" message thread on this is here (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=395) if you want to check it out. Quite a few people say it has smoothed out their engine.

I\'ll leave the explainations of why those problems exist (vibrations and steering) to the mech techies. :) See you and Chau again soon?

ds2chan
08-11-2005, 04:17 PM

Haha I asked Karen what your last name is. :)

I don\'t know about the jerkiness of both your 3s nor can I comment more on the steering, but with regards to the grounding cable, the \"main\" message thread on this is here (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=395) if you want to check it out. Quite a few people say it has smoothed out their engine.

I\'ll leave the explainations of why those problems exist (vibrations and steering) to the mech techies. :) See you and Chau again soon?

haha.. that easy, eh?? do you work with karen or something??

hmmm, I\'m sold. but how much is the cable and where can I get some?? I read the instructions and I have no idea what the guy is talking about. not knowing anything about cars doesn\'t help either. but having those pictures there I\'m pretty sure I can do it. but what happens if I mess it up?? Is that even possible??

I\'m just being paranoid cuz I\'ve never done this before..

SMH
08-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Regarding the trunk release....its a 5 door hatch. Hatches are not meant to have automatic trunk releases...unlock the door (keyfob, press twice) and it unlocks it. lift the handle....

wtom
08-12-2005, 07:10 PM

haha.. that easy, eh?? do you work with karen or something??

hmmm, I\'m sold. but how much is the cable and where can I get some?? I read the instructions and I have no idea what the guy is talking about. not knowing anything about cars doesn\'t help either. but having those pictures there I\'m pretty sure I can do it. but what happens if I mess it up?? Is that even possible??

I\'m just being paranoid cuz I\'ve never done this before..

Actually yeah same building. She just started recently. My contract here is about the end tho.

No worries about not knowing anything about cars. I am at that stage too when I had my cable (connector\'ed and crimped by a friend) and was afraid to even touch the battery negative haha. But I went ahead (just cover the positive end with a cloth and whatever you do, DON\'T bridge the pos and neg of course!) and connected everything. At most you\'ll see a spark when reconnector the negative end cables but that is all. No harm at all. The only mess up is bridging the neg to the pos. Don\'t do it. :)

1flycdnM3
08-13-2005, 07:49 PM
cons (although I don\'t mind THAT much):

1. A/C seems to suck ass, especially in black car (however I hate using A/C 99% of the time)
2. wheel gap is HUGE! - this is purely cosmetic as the car handles very well, but should be simple to fix

MAZDA Kitten
08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by SMH

Regarding the trunk release....its a 5 door hatch. Hatches are not meant to have automatic trunk releases...unlock the door (keyfob, press twice) and it unlocks it. lift the handle....

Read your quote... They came in SEDANS too which means they have a TRUNK.

;)

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/ag/mazda_mazda3_i4door_2005_other_7_346x270.jpg

MAZDA Kitten
08-15-2005, 09:44 PM
I was thinking about this today how the seats need more BOLSTER**
Testing out the sway bar & springs on the 403 Hamilton today almost fell out of my seat... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Broli
08-16-2005, 12:42 AM
read thru the 4 pages,
i find the back seats small
not that i have to be in them much, but
damn there is no room there,
then again, i am not a small guy so . . .

anyone else find that?

Saphress
08-16-2005, 02:39 AM
I get actually told there\'s a lot of room in my car in general. the seats in the back compared to a Rolla... Civic sedans... and VWs... it\'s roomier than most.My boyfriend\'s best friend is like 6\'3 and big overall... was comfy enough to sit in the back seat and fall asleep... hehehe... and He usually sits in the front seat of every other car.

Broli
08-16-2005, 11:29 AM
wow!

i haven\'t had one friend tell me it was roomy, they always bitch at me to move my seat up

maybe cause i always have my seat all the way back, so people in the back are squished

ah well, there is plenty of room in the front :)

lol

p.s. i had lots and lots of room in the new Rolla, the last model, was tight though!

DivineWind
08-17-2005, 07:05 PM
This isnt specific to the 3, but is it bad to purchase a vehicle when winter is about to start, like lets say november ?

MAZDA Kitten
08-18-2005, 05:47 PM
a) How is the above statement a car\'s \'fault\'

and

b) Where did you get this info from? and WHY do you think that would be?

Mica3SGT
10-01-2005, 11:35 PM
The centre arm rest is way too low IMO - I\'d prefer a higher setting to rest my elbow.
Horn is too wimpy - ineffective when you need it - can be replaced.
HID\'s and Nav should be offered as options in Canada

:D

vasco
11-17-2005, 05:23 PM
i love eevry thing about my mazda 3 execpt one thing it needs a lil more power my old car was a 2001 gold 1.8t i miss the turbo maybe i\'ll get one installed

Zaku_4
11-18-2005, 02:21 AM
one thing i HATE about the mazda3:

the rear seats have NO ARM REST OPTION. i would DEFINITELYYYYY buy tha toption... it just makes the rear seats THAT MUCH MORE comfortable, having something to lean on.

damn yiou mazda#!!

majic
11-18-2005, 09:59 AM

one thing i HATE about the mazda3:

the rear seats have NO ARM REST OPTION. i would DEFINITELYYYYY buy tha toption... it just makes the rear seats THAT MUCH MORE comfortable, having something to lean on.

damn yiou mazda#!!

but it\'s YOUR car so wtf are you doing in the back seat that requires the arm rest? ;) :sarc :D

Biscuit
11-19-2005, 05:37 PM
1. Have to say w/ the moonroof my head slightly touches the roof when going over bumps. Mind you, I like my seat pretty upright (I like to drive a car not a la-z-boy) but, I have the bottom lowered all the way. Stupid body, why\'d ya have to be so tall!:p

2. More side bolsters. The seats just don\'t hug like i\'d want.

All in all, the headroom thing is the only thing that bugs me, though I think after sitting in the seat long enough it should soften up and sink a bit. I definitely have never been happier with a purchase. Bye bye ZX3, hello Mazda3, 1000kms and climbing!

bubu416
11-21-2005, 11:37 AM
2 things that bugs me...

1) Gas guzzling on hwy...3300rpm @ 130km/h...WTF?!?!
(Its missing that 6th gear for the MT)

2) A/C...I thought I paid for that...all I got is the button...:(

otherwise, most other flaws are fixable, ie. crappy tires, stone chips, etc.

nifty6
11-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Poor headlights, on a dark road the lights have no depth and drop off sharply, doesn\'t fan out. On a hill, dark road, and low beams on the head lights only reach about 60 feet after that it is complete darkness.

majic
11-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by nifty6

Poor headlights, on a dark road the lights have no depth and drop off sharply, doesn\'t fan out. On a hill, dark road, and low beams on the head lights only reach about 60 feet after that it is complete darkness.

whine (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3655#49420)
blah blah blah (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3826#52214)

would you stop your whining with the lights and buy some aftermarket bulbs or get HIDs.. man you are expecting MIRACLES from an econobox.. this is NOT your wifey\'s lexus :sarc

http://www.cheaptherapy.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/WHINE2.jpg

TheProfessor
11-23-2005, 08:04 AM
You (nifty6) think these headlights are bad? I actually found them to be a pleasant surprise vs. some of my other cars.

nifty6
11-24-2005, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by nifty6

whine (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3655#49420)
blah blah blah (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3826#52214)

would you stop your whining with the lights and buy some aftermarket bulbs or get HIDs.. man you are expecting MIRACLES from an econobox.. this is NOT your wifey\'s lexus :sarc

http://www.cheaptherapy.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/WHINE2.jpg

Not whining, the subject is \"cons of the Mazda 3\" How come you don\'t flame others who post on this subject. A ecno box doesn\'t have to be poorly engineered and not saying the Mazda 3 is. A ecno box is just important to the owner who can only afford one as a owner of a luxury car is to them. Buy a house for $250,000 because thats all you can afford. You have many problems and dislikes on how it was built but the builder tells you its just a ecno house, suck it up. In the mean time you are paying for it for the next 25 years.
Your attitude is ruining this board for others. Always bitching about not searching, so what. Maybe the subject given would be of interest and NOT thought about by other members to ask, but no you say search it, don\'t post, go to Google. Others members have exprecised a problem with a dealer or an on going problem with their car but I don\'t see you putting them down, calling them whiners. What did I do or say that has you pissed off with me? WHAT? So grow up buddy or bro or what ever you liked to be called. All your posts are negative never positive. I think you need a lesson in some manners. Please do not put me down again or humiliate me again.
Thank you and have a nice day
:D :) :p :sarc

MZR3
11-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Not sure if anyone had mentioned that the rear whipper is strange in that it does not auto whipe after squirting from off position. One has to move the switch back to off then to whipe. It should whipe after squirting windshield fluid.

Oh, the rain sensing front whippers are weired too. My wife laughes at it\'s non-reactive feature!

chaser
11-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by MZR3
Not sure if anyone had mentioned that the rear whipper is strange in that it does not auto whipe after squirting from off position. One has to move the switch back to off then to whipe. It should whipe after squirting windshield fluid.

It\'s because it works better if you let the windshield liquid (especially Rain-X) to work alone! :p

SGT06
11-28-2005, 12:12 AM
The manual stick got a bit of a curve to it and is a bit too high. A shorter and straight shifter stick might make it more fun to drive.

BM3
11-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey all,

I\'ve signed up to be a member a while back but i never got the chance to post anything. im a lazy guy lol, anyways, my beef with the 3 is the squeaky break which is ANNOYING! you cant take the car to a high pressure wash because the sunroof leaks, but im fine with that, i dont need to take it to a high pressure wash, the car\'s rough gear change from 1st to 2nd gear is annoying too, it shakes soo much that it feels like its falling apart. i have a 2005 kompressor c 230 which is rear wheel drive an it has better traction than the 3, driving in the winter with the 3 is a pain in the butt. the wipers suck! the AC suck. but im stuck with it regardless, so the squeaky breaks, i will have it looked at soontime, exams r killing me right now, i wont take my car to the high pressure wash, rough gear change, i find that if i rev it to at least 3000 rpm, the roughness is gone, driving in the winter, i drive like a granny, wipers, i will replace with nicer ones soon, the AC sux, well what can i say, suck it up or crank down the window lol anyways, this car looks amazing, i like it but with all the new cars coming out or is already out, csx, civic coupe, redesigned 2007 rsx or rumour of a two door tsx, i think im gonna switch it soon, aite eZ

Jeff-TheBiz
11-29-2005, 06:32 PM

Oh, the rain sensing front whippers are weired too. My wife laughes at it\'s non-reactive feature!

Not a solution, but an option.

instead of twisting it towards you from the off position. twist it to the on position and then twist it a little further to dispense washer fluid..

If you already knew this, please disregard.. just a thought.

Perthguy
11-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BM3
...the car\'s rough gear change from 1st to 2nd gear is annoying too, it shakes soo much that it feels like its falling apart.

Yes, indeed. I call it \"twitchy\". I find that I often slip the clutch trying to get silky smooth changes with this car, especially 1st to 2nd.

akherad
11-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by BM3

Hey all,

I\'ve signed up to be a member a while back but i never got the chance to post anything. im a lazy guy lol, anyways, my beef with the 3 is the squeaky break which is ANNOYING! you cant take the car to a high pressure wash because the sunroof leaks, but im fine with that, i dont need to take it to a high pressure wash, the car\'s rough gear change from 1st to 2nd gear is annoying too, it shakes soo much that it feels like its falling apart. i have a 2005 kompressor c 230 which is rear wheel drive an it has better traction than the 3, driving in the winter with the 3 is a pain in the butt. the wipers suck! the AC suck. but im stuck with it regardless, so the squeaky breaks, i will have it looked at soontime, exams r killing me right now, i wont take my car to the high pressure wash, rough gear change, i find that if i rev it to at least 3000 rpm, the roughness is gone, driving in the winter, i drive like a granny, wipers, i will replace with nicer ones soon, the AC sux, well what can i say, suck it up or crank down the window lol anyways, this car looks amazing, i like it but with all the new cars coming out or is already out, csx, civic coupe, redesigned 2007 rsx or rumour of a two door tsx, i think im gonna switch it soon, aite eZ

WTH, you\'re comparing a 2005 kompressor c 230 (http://www.carpages.ca/go/roadtest/2005_mercedesbenz_c230_kompressor_road_test.aspx) with a Mazda 3? the MSRP for that car is 37K. Come on....it\'s not a good example.
I have seen a lot of Mazda3 during that terrible snow storm last week in Toronto. Winter driving sux? How about \"Corolla\"s and \"Civic\"s? I bet they have same issues. That\'s why there are winter tires out there.
By the way, you have Auto tranny or Manual?

BM3
12-01-2005, 01:55 AM
fine, im sorry for comparing a benz to the 3, i have a civic as well, 2005, its my mom\'s an its easy to drive in the winter, what im trying to say is, ive driven many cars an this 3 seems to b the worse out of all of them, aite, peace out

BM3
12-01-2005, 01:57 AM
an we dont even need to worry about the pricing for cars, so what if the kompressor is 37k? its rear wheel but i feel its better than the 3 in the winter, i can drive a ferrari an the msrp for that thing can b over 100k, winter just wont do, i expected the 3 to have better performance in the winter than the kompressor, anyways, its just my opinion

Cardinal Fang
12-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by BM3

an we dont even need to worry about the pricing for cars, so what if the kompressor is 37k? its rear wheel but i feel its better than the 3 in the winter, i can drive a ferrari an the msrp for that thing can b over 100k, winter just wont do, i expected the 3 to have better performance in the winter than the kompressor, anyways, its just my opinion

I think what he is trying to say that given the difference in price the Benz is able to incorporate far better engineering in the car giving it better handling qualities. I\'m pretty sure that the Mazda 3 would be a much better car if it were priced at around $37,000. An extra $10,000 would go a long way in improving a car. But it\'s not. It\'s an economy car and as such should be compared to cars in its class for features, handling and power.

Your analogy about the Ferrari is a little off. No one buys a Ferrari to drive it in the winter. It was never designed for that. You\'re comparing apples to oranges. As for your opinion that the Kompressor handles better in the winter than the Mazda 3, having never driven a Kompressor I will take your word for it. But again, you have to think about the price point! If you can afford to drive a Kompressor you certainly wouldn\'t be looking at a Mazda now would you? You have to strike a balance with what you are prepared to pay and what you want to receive.

I am curious to know why you thought the Mazda 3 would have had better performance in the winter than the Kompressor?

TheProfessor
12-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Doesn\'t the C230 come with traction control? And just in case you\'re not aware, there is a fix out for your harsh 1-2 shift.

Cardinal Fang
12-01-2005, 11:22 AM
The new C230\'s come with a super-charged DOHC 16V inline 4. Cranks out about 190 hp. The 2005 model came with Automatic Slip Control (ASR) All-Speed Traction Control Via ABS and Engine Management.

If this car doesn\'t handle better than the Mazda 3 then MB has really farked up.

akherad
12-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I think what he is trying to say that given the difference in price the Benz is able to incorporate far better engineering in the car giving it better handling qualities. I\'m pretty sure that the Mazda 3 would be a much better car if it were priced at around $37,000. An extra $10,000 would go a long way in improving a car. But it\'s not. It\'s an economy car and as such should be compared to cars in its class for features, handling and power.

Cardinal Fang, If you look @ C230 price, it starts from 37K and goes up to 52K (Aprox.). a Mazda3 starts from 17K and goes to 29K (Aprox.). So if you wnat to compare, it\'s not just 10K difference, and it\'s a lot more. My point for the price was exactly what you mentioned. If we target that extra money to make M3 better, then it would be THE BEST car in its class.

BM3, I take your word for handling of C230 and I\'m sure it\'s way better than M3.

SGT06
12-01-2005, 01:19 PM
10K+ should be able to buy a damn good transmission on the 3. However, there is nothing stopping us from complaining about the deficiency in the 3 since it gives Mazda more targets to meet in the upcoming models. Take the AC issue and the lack of remote lock on the rear hatch and others are now fixed on the 06 models. Of course the price of the 06 models also increased somewhat but at least these are now stock car. My biggest beef was the shifter since it lacks that \"zoom-zoom\" feeling and for now I am content with grabbing the shifter\'s lower half to drive until I can get a TWM shifter. (GB anyone?). Perhaps Mazda will fix this in 07 and charge a couple hundreds more for a decent shifter in a stock car.

wtom
12-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

instead of twisting it towards you from the off position. twist it to the on position and then twist it a little further to dispense washer fluid..

Woo hoo I learnt something new! Thanks, Jaffar!!!

BTW does everyone else\'s hatch, in the rear window, spray the fluid out like a mist? or does it just flow down in multiple paths, end up just cleaning the driver\'s side of the rear window since coming back, there\'s already not much fluid left on the window to \"clean\" the passenger\'s side?

majic
12-01-2005, 01:58 PM

BTW does everyone else\'s hatch, in the rear window, spray the fluid out like a mist? or does it just flow down in multiple paths, end up just cleaning the driver\'s side of the rear window since coming back, there\'s already not much fluid left on the window to \"clean\" the passenger\'s side?

follow these steps :)

1) twist away from you for some spray action
2) twist towards you to start a wipe
3) twist away from you again past OFF position as per step 1 to spray more fluid as the wiper comes back

repeat 1-3 as necessary

and yes it just dribbles in 2-3 streams down the back window..

BM3
12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
i just wanna point out the difference between RWD and FWD, i was expecting a FWD car to have better handling in the snow than a RWD, but even with the class difference, id expect FWD to have an advantage, my friends lexus IS300 skids like crazy in the snow, can someone give me a perspective in the difference between all season tires an winter tires? maybe ill just get winter tires. thanx

majic
12-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by BM3
can someone give me a perspective in the difference between all season tires an winter tires? maybe ill just get winter tires. thanx

click here for all your answers (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php)

MZR3
12-04-2005, 08:10 PM

follow these steps :)

1) twist away from you for some spray action
2) twist towards you to start a wipe
3) twist away from you again past OFF position as per step 1 to spray more fluid as the wiper comes back

repeat 1-3 as necessary

and yes it just dribbles in 2-3 streams down the back window..

Done just about every suggestion from the first week I picked up the car, but I still think this is a design oversight! Who would want to just squirt windshield washing fluid without wipping the window clean so the rear objects can be seen?

On top of that, I think from safety point, the right hand of a driver of a 5M car has its share of actions, i.e. shift, ventilation adjustments, audio (the parts that steering wheel controls can\'t do)...etc. than to constantly twist the knob back and forth just to get a clear rear window.

Maybe some Mazda people can take note from this site and make the suggested improvements for future generations of 3. :)

btw, the fluid comes out in about 4 path from my rear window washer. Kind of inefficient.

ds2chan
12-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Done just about every suggestion from the first week I picked up the car, but I still think this is a design oversight! Who would want to just squirt windshield washing fluid without wipping the window clean so the rear objects can be seen?

On top of that, I think from safety point, the right hand of a driver of a 5M car has its share of actions, i.e. shift, ventilation adjustments, audio (the parts that steering wheel controls can\'t do)...etc. than to constantly twist the knob back and forth just to get a clear rear window.

Maybe some Mazda people can take note from this site and make the suggested improvements for future generations of 3. :)

btw, the fluid comes out in about 4 path from my rear window washer. Kind of inefficient.

hmmm, I don\'t think I\'ve experienced your problem before.. as I recall (I don\'t use it that often) my rear wipers spray and then wipe automatically.. I twist the rear wiper \"upwards\" (clock-wise if you look at the handle from the passenger side) to the very bottom position and that should spray and then wipe..

there should be 4 options..
1) I forget what this option is but I think it\'s spray and then wipe
2) intermitent wipe
3) off (default position)
4) spray and then wipe

let me know if you\'ve tried this already.. sorry if I seem so uncertain but I hardly use my rear wipers and it\'s just a reflex for me but I\'m almost certain this is what I did yesterday when I used my rear wipers and everything was automatic for me..

EDIT: you\'re right.. I just tried yesterday for the first time and it doesn\'t auto wipe.. hmmm, I never noticed before.. I can live with it but it is pretty stupid to me..

wtom
01-18-2006, 10:28 AM

EDIT: you\'re right.. I just tried yesterday for the first time and it doesn\'t auto wipe.. hmmm, I never noticed before.. I can live with it but it is pretty stupid to me..

Turn it \"towards\" yourself (counter-clockwise when viewing the wiper stalk from passenger seat) to spray and no wipe. I do this to let the fluid drip down a bit before actually turning it back \"up\" to wipe the rear-window.

sunset_orange
11-24-2007, 08:40 PM
low gas economy
weak AC
clunk noise problem with driver side window
grinding rear brakes
rotor dust
1-2 shift gear problem

MikeyGT
11-24-2007, 10:56 PM
i can't seem to be experiencing the same issues what most of the guys mentioned...
- weak ac - i seriously think my AC is fine... maybe it's because i have an 07 or my expectation isnt that high
- grinding rear brake.. feels fine for me.. although its a little sensitive during colder temps..but its alright .
- low mileage.. well.... it isn't exactly a hybrid car.. and i'm not driving a small engine car like civic or corolla... so i'm not complaining..

the only thing i wish it had is a dead petal ><.. now whenever my left foot is wet.. i have to put it behind the brake petal... otherwise the left foot rest is gonna get wet

mogul_pro
11-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Areas I wish were better:
-Stronger A/C
-Rear suspension

srbin
11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
friend of mine has a problem with gearbox (might be something else)... whenever he shifts from P to R the whole car shakes and you can hear snapping sound... i feel sorry for the guy... he went to MOT and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem... anyone else has this problem?
55,000km and 1 year after the purchase i don't have any problems (knock on wood)... :)

RallyPlaya
11-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I Dont Know But 4 Me My Air Conditioning and Heating Are Just Fine i Have No Problems with.& I Also I Find the Back Seat Are Reasonably Large

Improvements which can Be made:

1. Make the Shark fin standard the antenna is really large( im buying A Shark Fin for the Spring)
2. More Hp For the Sedan
3. Make the car more sound proof when at high speeds

& What i love most is the feel of the car, amazing looks, tachometer, volume controls and large trunk

Nick
11-29-2007, 11:35 PM
the visibility out the rear window is pretty bad...

gtrussler
11-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I love everything about my 3 sedan, except for one thing that has been brought to my attention due to the recent weather change. If the trunk gets frozen shut, there is no handle in which to pull it open with. You would have to put dangerous pressure on the key in the keyhole, or if you have the spoiler (I do), you could lift with that, but that would just be stupid. The body styling is clean and smooth all around, but a hand-well somewhere for the trunk would have been nice.

Wild Weasel
11-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Interesting. That never would have occured to me as something to look for in a new car. :) Sunfire has the license plate surround to grab onto and the hatch has a hand-hold.

dr1ft3r
11-30-2007, 11:02 AM
There is a small area on the bottom of the trunk lid where you can grab hold of and pull on.

mazda lover
12-01-2007, 07:47 AM
friend of mine has a problem with gearbox (might be something else)... whenever he shifts from P to R the whole car shakes and you can hear snapping sound... i feel sorry for the guy... he went to MOT and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem... anyone else has this problem?
55,000km and 1 year after the purchase i don't have any problems (knock on wood)... :)

had the P to R shake, but doesn't happen very often. When it happened I would do the shift again and it would repeat the shake but a third or forth time it would not do it. Hasn't happened in the last 2 or 3 months...

gtrussler
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
There is a small area on the bottom of the trunk lid where you can grab hold of and pull on.
That's only on the hatch, not the sedan

jstro
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
2007 sedans have the indent in the bumper to grab the trunk lid, just like the hatch.

jstro
12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I've had pretty poor radio reception in the GTA, especially on 102.1...lots of static and fading in and out. I asked the dealer at my last service, and they said they can't replicate the problem.

Other than that I'm lovin' the mazda!

dj_chinaman2097
12-04-2007, 10:52 PM
If the trunk gets frozen shut, there is no handle in which to pull it open with...The body styling is clean and smooth all around, but a hand-well somewhere for the trunk would have been nice.

I experienced the frozen trunk last week during the first snow/freezing rain fall. I unlocked my trunk and noticed I couldn't open it because a layer of ice was covering the entire trunk and sides. I had to break off the ice layer by beating it with my fists (wearing gloves) before I could get my fingers under the lid.

It sucks not having a hand well like the hatches. But then they don't have a key slot on their hatch door...

freelix
12-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Traction Control
Climate Control
Colder A/C

dj_chinaman2097
12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I also find it inconvenient that the rear doors don't open very wide, and the trunk opening isn't very large. I had to stop using my giant hockey goalie bag and start splitting up my gear into two smaller 36x18x18 bags.

Even with the 18" wide bags I have trouble getting them into the back seat and trunk. They rub all over the door panels and glass or the top of the trunk opening.

When I drove a '94 Corolla, I could easily get my 40x22x20 bag into the trunk and backseat.

And I know the hatch would have solved this issue, but I was dead set on the sedan.

chunkinstien
12-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Another goalie eh! Nice!

I have an Itech 11.8 Wheel bag, and a GT Hatch .

http://hockeygeeks.com/display_product.asp?product_id=1912

Bag is massive, holds all my gear, I just have to put the one side of the seats down(the 2/3 down if you catch me) and take the hatch cover off and I'm good to go.

I play 2-3 times a week, and one night I even pick up another goalie, and manage to fit everything in. A bit tight but it works.

ShadowVlican
12-11-2007, 02:45 PM
i don't know if this thread has been brought to your attention, but it discusses the resale value of the mazda3:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520516

i thought some of you might want to give your two cents in that thread and defend your purchase

having not taken any business or economics courses in my life, i have no idea why it has low resale value

personally i like the mazda3.... a friend of mine has the sport GT and it's a great handling and preppy car! i can't say any more about it though, since i don't own one

subby owner here ;)

srbin
12-11-2007, 09:03 PM
i don't know if this thread has been brought to your attention, but it discusses the resale value of the mazda3:

i thought some of you might want to give your two cents in that thread and defend your purchase

having not taken any business or economics courses in my life, i have no idea why it has low resale value

personally i like the mazda3.... a friend of mine has the sport GT and it's a great handling and preppy car! i can't say any more about it though, since i don't own one

subby owner here ;)

yeah... lot of people are mazda haters... :) i had my doubts before buying the car last year but it had damn good reviews... i don't regret buying it and parapapapa i'm lovin' it... :bana2

Thunder 3
01-01-2008, 05:59 PM

subby owner here ;)

Actually in Canada the Mazda3 has a very strong resale value which is one of the reasons I bought one. Just look on autotrader.ca...when I was at the dealership they didn't even have any used models because people buy out their leases and sell them on their own. My friend took a 4 year lease on one but the dealership signed an agreement to let him out in 3 years without penalty because they're in high demand.

alhope34
01-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I love my 08 speed3 but there are a couple small cons. And when I say small I mean it. There's a rattle somewhere in the glove box that happens over bumps or if I have the stereo loud, and I have to turn the traction control off every time I turn the car on. Other than that, I love everything about it. I really don't know why people would complain about a car having ABS. No new car should be sold without ABS, it's a feature that saves lives. To me, ABS is just as important as airbags and seat belts.

Cardinal Fang
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I love my 08 speed3 but there are a couple small cons. And when I say small I mean it. There's a rattle somewhere in the glove box that happens over bumps or if I have the stereo loud, and I have to turn the traction control off every time I turn the car on. Other than that, I love everything about it. I really don't know why people would complain about a car having ABS. No new car should be sold without ABS, it's a feature that saves lives. To me, ABS is just as important as airbags and seat belts.

The same could be said about traction control.

RX9
01-09-2008, 11:47 PM
did we get almost cons slove in speed3? there's still one---no heated seat. i so used to a heated seat in winter.

wantboost
02-05-2008, 03:25 PM
i have leather seats and i DONT have leather
tires are garbage but they are goodyear cheaper for them to put on they get a deal :)
consumers recogniize the name goodyear so they automatically assume they are good.

Ya breaks do squeak alot when wet

McGuyver_3
02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
what do you mean you do have leather but you dont? do you mean quality wise or looks or what? as far as i know the inner part you sit on is real and the outter part surrounding it is pleather so i have followed up on it
Tires well i had toyo proxy a2's on mine and i hated them aswell.
From what i have read for the brakes mazda uses a high metal compound in the brakes causing your squealing but it could also be cause by the thin layer of rust build up on the rotor when you are at a stop light in the wet. that is normal and there is nothing you can do about it

wantboost
02-05-2008, 07:59 PM
sorry i mean i have heated seats and i dont have leather

EvilEric
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
sorry i mean i have heated seats and i dont have leather

That doesn't sound normal. I thought heated seats were only for leather and not cloth? Is it an aftermarket add-on?

SilentJay
02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
That doesn't sound normal. I thought heated seats were only for leather and not cloth? Is it an aftermarket add-on?

I have heated cloth seats? I think its an option for 07?

wantboost
02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
yup 07 option i think if u got the sport package not sure what its called but the seats a grey different color from the other seats that are grey

EvilEric
02-06-2008, 01:12 PM
yup 07 option i think if u got the sport package not sure what its called but the seats a grey different color from the other seats that are grey

I would consider that a good thing then that they would open it up as an option that's not tied only to leather.

SilentJay
02-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Its a great thing, I can attest to that :) That said, its a GT option not tied to seat colour.

alexalex
06-02-2008, 10:39 AM
the hatch could also use a hand-well on the outside as i always end up with hand prints on the paint.

mkfc
06-02-2008, 02:35 PM
i hate that there isnt a wireless trunk release. also i think the worst parts about the 3 (in no particular order) is the ride noise, wheel hop, and the plastic or vinyl steering wheel

KenYork
06-02-2008, 05:11 PM
"i hate that there isnt a wireless trunk release"

Should be able to hook one up to an aftermarket alarm system. I have one hooked up.

wantboost
06-02-2008, 05:24 PM
u have to put a plunger/solenoid what ever its called?

JiNuWiNe
06-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Why is the gas pedal so damn close to the center console? Also not enough leg room for the right leg....

bigmikey
06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
simply....

no wireless trunk release - many agree.

garbage tires - 44,000 kms and i've replaced 3 due to wear.
my 2002 p5 had the same all-seasons on it for 4 years (all-seasons aren't good i know, but still)

theurgy
06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
-The lack of MP3 CD capable stereo until 2008.5 (I mean we've had MP3 stereos in headunits for how long now?)

-Lack of remote trunk release on the Sedans

-I really don't like the rails that run along the top of our cars meant for roof racks etc... I'm never gonna use mine and they are a pain in the ass as I always have to tape them up when I wax my car.

bigmikey
06-09-2008, 08:09 PM
-The lack of MP3 CD capable stereo until 2008.5 (I mean we've had MP3 stereos in headunits for how long now?)

-Lack of remote trunk release on the Sedans

-I really don't like the rails that run along the top of our cars meant for roof racks etc... I'm never gonna use mine and they are a pain in the ass as I always have to tape them up when I wax my car.

true that - no mp3
that would have been sweet

FoXy
06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Really?? I have a 2008 and mine plays mp3's. Well i mean i dont know that much about it but if I burn a cd with 50 mp3's I can still play it in my cd player in the car. The guy who sold me the car pointed that out to me as well. And my car isnt the 6 cd changer.

huyzel
06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I miss being able to close the windows & sunroof after I turn off the car. (I will not modify electrical while under warranty)
I also miss being able to fit a sub box AND a golf bag in the hatch.

Thrice08
06-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I miss being able to close the windows & sunroof after I turn off the car. (I will not modify electrical while under warranty)

Not exactly sure what you mean, you just turn the key forward but not to start.

I don't have many complaints other than the fact that my car doesn't have mp3 capabilities and that one of my fogs cracked from what I'm guessing what was a rock on the 401 and they want $179 to replace it. Those lenses should be able to take impact!

Gas and brake are a little close aswell, I'm fine with it but a taller friend of mine with size 12 feet was stepping on both the gas and brake at the same time before he realized how close the pedals are. lol

huyzel
06-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Not exactly sure what you mean, you just turn the key forward but not to start.

I don't have many complaints other than the fact that my car doesn't have mp3 capabilities and that one of my fogs cracked from what I'm guessing what was a rock on the 401 and they want $179 to replace it. Those lenses should be able to take impact!

I guess I meant when I've turned it off and taken the key out and put it in my pocket already.... but then realize that I haven't rolled the windows up or forgot to close the sunroof. Strange enough, I forget to do these things often.

Hmm... I'm worried about the foglights now... I guess warranty wouldn't cover a rock smashing it. Any group buys on rockblockers? :)

Bean
06-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Noise coming from middle console, road noise, lousy quality of seat fabric, paint fading and paint scratches too easily

Swerny
06-10-2008, 10:53 AM
paint fading and paint scratches too easily

Waxing and polishing your car regularly will solve both of those problems

RajaP
06-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Brake and accelerator are way to close, cant drive with boots on.!!

theurgy
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Really?? I have a 2008 and mine plays mp3's. Well i mean i dont know that much about it but if I burn a cd with 50 mp3's I can still play it in my cd player in the car. The guy who sold me the car pointed that out to me as well. And my car isnt the 6 cd changer.

Like I said you probably have a 2008.5. Just now, all the newest models have MP3 CD capability... however MP3 CD's have been around since 2000. All the 04's to 08's never had it as an option... hell even the 01 Protege MP3 had it... Why the **** didn't any of the models after that get it included?
Just stupidity on Mazda's part in my opinion.

Swerny
06-10-2008, 01:26 PM
hell even the 01 Protege MP3 had it...

The MP3 and the MSP had aftermarket Kenwood decks, that's why they were MP3 capable.

Takumi616
06-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Like I said you probably have a 2008.5. Just now, all the newest models have MP3 CD capability... however MP3 CD's have been around since 2000. All the 04's to 08's never had it as an option... hell even the 01 Protege MP3 had it... Why the **** didn't any of the models after that get it included?

yea tell me about it, i wanted that option :bang

FoXy
06-10-2008, 02:07 PM
nay nay, lol, i have a 2008.

oni
06-10-2008, 02:08 PM
-no wireless trunk release
-stock brakes are sticking
-there's this small rubber cover that keeps popping out of the steering wheel
-dust magnet (then again, I picked black mica!)

Takumi616
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
-no wireless trunk release >.<

theurgy
06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
The MP3 and the MSP had aftermarket Kenwood decks, that's why they were MP3 capable.

Oh I know that.. It was still stock for the car.. it was an option and available from the dealership.. even if it came from Kenwood.

Regardless.. they should have pressured Bose to include it a long time ago... It think they thought they could just get away with just having the Aux-In

benchungM3
06-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Should've gotten GT model, now i'm playin catch up moddin and throwing cash away.

-Need more leg room. I workout so sometimes need that extra leg room.
-MP3 definitely!!!

Other than that, love my Mazda 3, sure beats drivin a HOnda.....

Takumi616
06-11-2008, 11:04 AM
yea GT is the way to go :chuckle

bhrm
06-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Hmm... I'm worried about the foglights now... I guess warranty wouldn't cover a rock smashing it. Any group buys on rockblockers? :)

i already lost one fog light :bang

huyzel
06-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Thought of another one:
windshield washer nozzles
wish they were same as the speed3
or mount them on the wiper arm
or just paint them body color

:bang

Xerox
06-13-2008, 08:41 AM

A little late to the game but that's not true. I have 2005 and my factory head unit can play MP3 (although it is an expensive option).

Bean
06-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Another con from Me.

NO trunk release on Remote keyless entry fob

Terrible3
06-14-2008, 05:20 PM
1. Gas pedal is too close to center consul ( makes you feel more cramped than you really are).
2. Trunk handle inset into bumper ( makes for a clean look, but sucks in the winter)
3. Rear brakes (squeal and dust)
4. Interior plastics show dust and small scuffs too well
5. Having to hold the info button long enough so that the mileage will show up but not too long that it will reset. Why the need to press and hold?
6. Gas cap release location
7. The horn is "cute"

My personal biggest grudge against the car are the features put in place to help morons.

1. The 9v jacks ONLY work when the car is turned on. I want to charge my Ipod when the car is off!!!!
2. The ringing nose to tell me that I have left my keys in the ignition after I turned the car off. Clearly fi I just turned the car off a few seconds ago I know that the keys are still in the ignition.
3. The seatbelt indicator on the dashboard. I hate when it lights up telling me that my passenger does not have their seatbelt on. It sucks telling people you want them to buckle because your car is telling them to do so.

Bean
06-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Lol :)

x_o_k_x
06-15-2008, 12:24 AM
the fact that it takes to long for an option to be available, such as 3 years on MP3 player?? or power seats and leather, I think should be available on every GT models. As well as it needs a little more work on interior, such as colors and more luxury look perhaps.

S.F.W.
06-15-2008, 01:55 PM
the fact that it takes to long for an option to be available, such as 3 years on MP3 player?? or power seats and leather, I think should be available on every GT models. As well as it needs a little more work on interior, such as colors and more luxury look perhaps.
It didn't take 3 years to get an MP3 player
option. I got it as an option on my '04.
As for the interior, I think the interior is great. Find another car in the same price range with a better interior look?

Flagrum_3
06-15-2008, 02:16 PM
My personal biggest grudge against the car are the features put in place to help morons.

1. The 9v jacks ONLY work when the car is turned on. I want to charge my Ipod when the car is off!!!!
2. The ringing nose to tell me that I have left my keys in the ignition after I turned the car off. Clearly fi I just turned the car off a few seconds ago I know that the keys are still in the ignition.
3. The seatbelt indicator on the dashboard. I hate when it lights up telling me that my passenger does not have their seatbelt on. It sucks telling people you want them to buckle because your car is telling them to do so.

Not picking on you personally, but I don't know, for

1. That's sort of a safety feature so you don't leave something there charging/running and run down the battery,...I think its smart!.

2. The warning buzzer should only activate "IF" a door is opened! If its going off without a door ajar, then there's a problem.(All cars have this).

3. You should be telling people to put their seatbelts on anyways...IT's the LAW! ....

_3

Terrible3
06-15-2008, 06:06 PM
I realize that all those features are made to be beneficial, but I find them a nuisance.

The fact that I cant just put my dead ipod into my car at night and have it charge is a real annoyance. Sure if you are running a cooler off of the rear power jack than thats another story, but charging your cell or iPod in the arm rest should not require the car to be on.

The door ajar alarm you are right about, its only when the door is open on my car. Its my mom's 2008 Santa Fe that makes all these beeping sounds even when the doors are closed. I just think the warning is useless on the 3. Its a wireless lock car and you cant even lock the doors until they are all closed. The only way you can lock yourself out is by leaving the keys in the ignition and then manually locking the door behind you. I have never once used the manual locks on my car, at worst I could lock myself inside the car with the keys! As Clarkson would say "its as useful as a smoke alarm with a snooze button."

In regards to the seatbelt thing, I know its grate safety feature. I just get annoyed by all these additional warnings on my dash. If this is something that I find annoying about my car, that just goes to show how good the car is. I am really having to nit pick to find things that annoy me.

mit-gee-mui
06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Cons are never good, so I'm going to throw out a few possible solutions that you can do if you wish so that you will enjoy your 3 more. :)

FYI: In case you didn't know, you can do something to get the "wireless trunk release".
Here is one way.
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=198238&postcount=13
Here is another.
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=21699&highlight=open+trunk
I know at least one member has done something to be able to open the trunk from his remote. (See post 137.)
But I guess you guys are saying that the car doesn't come from the factory with that capability.

Seatbelt warning: The 3 isn't the only one that does that. My other newer car does that too. I think my mom timed it and said it beeps like every 7 minutes or something, but to me, it seems like it beeps more often. :loco
I guess it works though. Like, if you want the beeping to stop, buckle up type of mentality.
Solution http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8253&highlight=seatbelt+reminder

A few people asked about closing the sunroof and windows, but yes, warranty issues.:bang
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10043&highlight=sunroof+open

Flagrum_3
06-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I realize that all those features are made to be beneficial, but I find them a nuisance.

The fact that I cant just put my dead ipod into my car at night and have it charge is a real annoyance. Sure if you are running a cooler off of the rear power jack than thats another story, but charging your cell or iPod in the arm rest should not require the car to be on.

The door ajar alarm you are right about, its only when the door is open on my car. Its my mom's 2008 Santa Fe that makes all these beeping sounds even when the doors are closed. I just think the warning is useless on the 3. Its a wireless lock car and you cant even lock the doors until they are all closed. The only way you can lock yourself out is by leaving the keys in the ignition and then manually locking the door behind you. I have never once used the manual locks on my car, at worst I could lock myself inside the car with the keys! As Clarkson would say "its as useful as a smoke alarm with a snooze button."

In regards to the seatbelt thing, I know its grate safety feature. I just get annoyed by all these additional warnings on my dash. If this is something that I find annoying about my car, that just goes to show how good the car is. I am really having to nit pick to find things that annoy me.

Actually with the GT model (don't know about the others), you can't even lock the doors manually if the key is in the ignition, it won't allow it!!

_3

theurgy
06-15-2008, 11:53 PM
The indicator telling you the seatbelt is unbuckled in the passenger side is there to also tell you that the airbag as been disabled.
It's annoying however when you have something you're carrying in your passenger seat and it thinks it's a person and lights up that Airbag disabled warning light.
I don't like any extra lights to be on as it unnerves me.

x_o_k_x
06-16-2008, 12:05 AM
The indicator telling you the seatbelt is unbuckled in the passenger side is there to also tell you that the airbag as been disabled.
It's annoying however when you have something you're carrying in your passenger seat and it thinks it's a person and lights up that Airbag disabled warning light.
I don't like any extra lights to be on as it unnerves me.

haha yes i had my ps3 on the passanger seat and the light comes on.. hate that

shootemup
06-17-2008, 07:53 AM
The seatbelt alarm could be worse. In Corollas, it has an alarm that progressivly speeds up and keeps sounding until you put it on. Now THATS annoying!

TheProfessor
06-17-2008, 08:51 AM
As for the interior, I think the interior is great. Find another car in the same price range with a better interior look?

Couldn't agree more. I've driven my fair share of cars and for the money the interior of the MZ3 is really top notch. High quality plastics, a very nice layout with just enough coolness really put it above every other car in the segment.

sudz
06-18-2008, 11:51 AM
My main complaints are: Crappy stock tires, Break wear on rear very fast/dusty, Paint chips easily. 2.0 Litre suffers torque issues in high heat With A/C on.
(standard tranny)

Oh, and the whole easy break-in fiasco as well.

Swerny
06-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh, and the whole easy break-in fiasco as well.

???
Care to share?

I've had the car for 3 weeks now, my only complaints so far would be:

1. the crappy stock tires and ugly rims (sold both)
2. road noise is more than expected
3. gas mileage isn't as good as expected.
4. The auto tranny seems to hunt for gears, and it needs to kick down to 3rd when accelerating on the highway.
5. rattle/noise when going over bumps that sounds like a worn CV or ball joint.

b3GS
06-20-2008, 10:46 AM
I only have two complaints thus far after 15,000kms

1. expected better gas mileage
2. A/C is WEAK!!!!! almost useless, I've never experienced any other car with such a weak system

wantboost
06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Here too poor gas mileage!!!

But a/c is cold on mine.

Bean
06-20-2008, 11:41 AM
I filled up the car today. It said 650 KM left, Drove 70 KM and it still says 650 KM

Getting close to 34,000 KM on my 2007 GS

Terrible3
06-20-2008, 11:39 PM
I filled up the car today. It said 650 KM left, Drove 70 KM and it still says 650 KM

Getting close to 34,000 KM on my 2007 GS

The millage left in your tank is based of the algorithm that determines your average fuel millage. If your car tells you at first you have X KM left, that value can change based on your driving. With that being said I don't think that my millage is too bad. I am getting roughly 630-650 from a tank (mainly town and city driving, no highway). How you drive your car will drastically change your gas millage.

06Touring3
06-27-2008, 09:55 AM
my only con with my 3 so far (74,000km)....

STOCK TOYO PROXIES ARE THE WORST SET OF TIRES EVER CREATED!!!

They barely had traction even when they HAD tread...

But i just put on a set of Kumho Ecsta ASX's on wednesday.....beautiful and i don't feel as if my life is in danger driving in the rain (got to test them out in the storm last nite)

A/C could be cooler i guess, but i almost never use it anyway so it's not a big issue

LockOut
06-27-2008, 10:13 AM
My biggest con with the MZ3 is that it only has 5 gears... I mean, when you're going 110km/h on the highway and revving at 3000 rpm... That's not right. That's where all the gas is going...

Bean
06-27-2008, 10:51 AM
The stupid plastic thing where the clock and fuel display is is squeaking and driving me NUTS. I want to rip it off sometimes.

TheProfessor
06-27-2008, 11:00 AM
My wife and I recently sold her MZ3 after about three years of ownership during which time we put on 32,000km. I have to say that during this time, the MZ3 was such a fantastic car. I'm really trying to find fault with it but I just can't.

Our only 'issues' with the car were the lack of certain luxury features that this is an economy car after all and it would be unfair to expect such features at this price range.

During our ownership we did not have a single problem with the car. No undue rattles, no warranty repairs, no nothing. It was just a super dependable, fun to drive, well built car at a fair price.

KenYork
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM
The stupid plastic thing where the clock and fuel display is is squeaking and driving me NUTS. I want to rip it off sometimes.

Maybe you could try taking it apart and finding the cause.. or if you're at a meet someone can check it out for you. The front dash assembly is quite simple.

silvermist99
07-05-2008, 01:42 PM
These are comments about a stock MS3, they are not in order:

1. poor visibility of the rear/side of the car. I am not short and I find it diffcult to see whats around the back of the car.

2. SUV like turning radius (ms3), I find my dad's honda odyssey easier to do u-turns due to the lack of visbility and big turning circle. Try doing a u-turn in a tight parking lot in a gti or si, by the time you're done and gone the ms3 will still be in reverse and the driver making sure there are no poles around the car.

3. the trunk is tiny for how long the car is. Check out the VW GTI, its is over 10 inch shorter and the trunk is just as big if not bigger. Where did the space go?

4. understeer heavily at the limit. Not as netural as civic si/mini cooper, other fwd cars. **This is good for some people because the car is very predictable at the limit... I personally don't like it.

5. Stiff ride, civic si is far softer but every bit as nimble as MS3, not sure why mazda made the ride so unnecessary stiff.

6. notchy tranny which at times feels like its disconnected from the car, the tranny also grinds easily.

7. the on/off clutch is annoying when not racing(to most that is 99.999999% of the time)

8. Front fenders are too small. I rub the STOCK wheel cornering hard at times in auto-x and i've done it a few times on the street also.

9. It needs a twin scroll turbocharger! there is lag down low.

10. exterior styling of mazdaspeed 3. It is quite hard to distingush a Mazdaspeed3 & a regular 07+ 3 other then the grille. People that can tell difference between impreza & sti etc have a hard time w/ ms3 & mz3 They look too similar. The fenders should be flared out, rise the hood more, dual exhaust etc.

11. Engine/exhaust note inside the car. Its so mono-tone inside the car and all it does is drone after a while. Can't hear the engine at all stock. On the outside the exhaust do sound good! But where is the engine noise?

12. The bose stereo blows.

Thats all I can think of, other then these flaws I have hundreds of things I love about the car which is why I bought it.

Bean
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe you could try taking it apart and finding the cause.. or if you're at a meet someone can check it out for you. The front dash assembly is quite simple.

Meet eh?? Hmm. I might just have to check that out. Is there one coming up in the Newmarket area anytime soon?

Soyabean
07-05-2008, 10:00 PM
i find the fan is really weak. A/C is weak too but i think its cuz the fan doesnt have much power to blow the air out. I have to put it to 3 to get a decent amount of air coming out and 4 is too loud

Bean
07-05-2008, 10:07 PM
lately, I have noticed the radio reception is bad. It never used to be.

x_o_k_x
07-07-2008, 01:03 AM
lately, I have noticed the radio reception is bad. It never used to be.

yeah whats up with that? I went to Toronto a month ago and tried to listen z103 and all i heard was static and some music in background. It was horrible.

_3G
11-29-2008, 08:33 AM
ac is weak

Canadian GP
11-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Great thread for someone doing new car research.......thanks.

ziegs2020
12-03-2008, 06:31 PM
No mp3 capability.

alhope34
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
A lot of models have MP3 capability.

omalak
12-03-2008, 10:06 PM
12,000 km so far on my 2008.5 GS Sedan..

Con

1. NO TRUNK RELEASE!!! didn't think it was a big deal... but when loading groceries you realize how much you need it!

2. Would have like a 5 speed auto on a GS model (not really a con, just a GS issue)

3. Stock tires suck, i hate the 16 inch wheels.. older models had much nicer wheels.

4. No factory alarm system was offered on the GS! (like the GT has)

5. No auto headlight shut off if you leave your lights on ( assuming you dont use the auto feature)

6, With winter here, i hear a few noises while going over bumps ( i think it may be the dash/cowl rattle issue, but need to get it checked)

I think that's it.. very minor issues.. I love my car.. and i would never trade it up for a corolla or a civic.. it's sporty, good on gas ( i get about 650km highway on a tank), it handles well, and it looks great on the inside!

Love it :)

wantboost
12-05-2008, 12:53 AM
I only get 480k highway on my 2.3 before the light goes on, is this normall??

Thrizzl3
12-05-2008, 01:06 AM
id say it is..i only get 420 cuz its cold and i have stuff in my trunk..if my car is empty i get 475-520 kms a tank

wantboost
12-05-2008, 02:01 AM
this was summer too i was getting that. Kinda low isnt it for the engine size/highway

Malcolm991
12-05-2008, 06:57 AM
I get 530-570 city on a full tank and I have done 650 highway but I haven't done a road trip in a while. I wish the car had traction control!

wantboost
12-05-2008, 09:24 AM
I get 530-570 city on a full tank and I have done 650 highway but I haven't done a road trip in a while. I wish the car had traction control!

what motor?

Terrible3
12-05-2008, 01:59 PM
With the gas prices being so low, am I the only one with their mileage getting worse? Since the gas is cheaper I am subconsciously driving more spirited and am seeing a drop from 570km to 490-500km a tank. Why does it have to be so much more fun to shift at 4k than 2k? Now that I have noticed the big difference I have cut back a little and the mileage has improved slightly.

dumpbear
12-05-2008, 02:13 PM
With the gas prices being so low, am I the only one with their mileage getting worse? Since the gas is cheaper I am subconsciously driving more spirited and am seeing a drop from 570km to 490-500km a tank. Why does it have to be so much more fun to shift at 4k than 2k? Now that I have noticed the big difference I have cut back a little and the mileage has improved slightly.

+1

Cheap gas rulez!!!

tinman
12-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Just got the 05 MZ3 HB GS for a week.
- I am not sure if the aim of the headlights are off or what, they seems so dim to me, will changing to Silverstar helps?
- Almost every used 3 I checked before I bought this one, they all have ripped carpet on the passenger foot well.

Bean
12-05-2008, 03:26 PM

Wow. You are lucky.

One time I did all highway driving, I only got 570 on a full tank and this is the 2.0 litre engine.

alhope34
12-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Why does EVERY thread lately seem to turn into a mileage thread??

wantboost
12-05-2008, 04:34 PM
i gues the dealer wont do anything??

My other car dropped also. i just figured it was cause the winter. but the 3 has always been like this

alhope34
12-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Here is a thread for fuel economy talk:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8579

Terrible3
12-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Why does EVERY thread lately seem to turn into a mileage thread??

Its one of the main factors that affect our car post purchase. The only aspect of my car that is a variable is its millage. My love for its exterior and interior does not change, however my wallet does fell the effect of me driving more spirited.

As far as staying on topic, with 10,000KM in

Love:
Still love the handling
Styling inside and out
the fact that it comes standard with projectors (helps a lot with non oem hids)
Tranny smoothness
The instrument cluster is perfection!
Aux port is used A LOT

Hates:
I always forget to hit the gas door release (its my own fault)
Head liner gets marked up a lot (my bike)
The all season tires are useless in the snow and in the summer :rant
The small space between the fuse box and head light assembly (you need super small hands to change your bulbs)

whiteomega
12-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I've had mine for a couple of years now, some minor cons:

-Hatch release is at the bottom-center of the hatch. this is fine in dry weather; when the weather turns nasty that release is in a bad place (particularly if snow and ice get built up in the crevass)
-fuel economy is not as good as I'd hoped
-brakes squeak when cold (and now, for me, when slowly rolling down a hill)
-rear wiper sucks in the winter (does alright in the summer)
-brake rotors warp prematurely (< 40k and mine are already slightly warped)
-paint is thin and easily chipped
-all season tyres

Flagrum_3
12-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Worst con I find is; I love driving her so much that I can't stop!! ...I'm going thru petro like a fiend! :chuckle

_3

McGuyver_3
12-07-2008, 02:21 PM
in summer time i average 500-550 on roughly 45l when the light comes on and in thwe winter i lost about 70 km per tank but nothing abnormal

_3G
02-08-2009, 08:06 AM
The heater is not all that powerfull.

jcutner
02-12-2009, 07:49 PM

I haven't found any issues with the power of the heat - my last car - a 96 Audi A4 - I discovered that the heat didn't work at all! Which was an .... interesting surprise, come winter. :flaming

So, I was freezing everything but my ass off (heated seats worked..)

Moving to the Mazda3 with ANY form of heat was a welcome change, but maybe I'm biased... :chuckle

Darkfrosty7
02-13-2009, 02:56 AM
one more con. that underside splash guard for the 2.3L has the same hole as the 2.0L therefore it doesn't do anything. they should've had a different piece for the 2.3L. gay and cheap of mazda to do that...

bhrm
02-14-2009, 12:12 AM
i want more oomph

156hp is okay for overall average urban/highway driving

First gear is completely useless 90% of the time. Sixth gear would be awesome.

180hp would be idea, maybe a more aggressive valve timing for the variable valve timing at high RPMs

mazda lover
02-14-2009, 05:55 PM

I have an 2005 and find the heater very good, but with very very cold, -15C and lower its not as strong but still ok..

mazdas3sporte
02-14-2009, 11:01 PM
i want more oomph

156hp is okay for overall average urban/highway driving

First gear is completely useless 90% of the time. Sixth gear would be awesome.

180hp would be idea, maybe a more aggressive valve timing for the variable valve timing at high RPMs

go for the honda civic si if u can afford it+insurance, 197 Hp and slap on a Greddy turbo kit, u push over 200WHP.

Hives
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
What I dislike about my 06 GT Sedan:
1) Paint is shit quality. Chips and scratches easily
2) Road noise is horrible
3) The rear plastic deck is a piece of shit
4) Fuel consumption is more than what I thought it would be
5) The engine jerks when pull off from a red light (thanks to shitty FORD mounts. Fawk you Ford!)
6) Engine accessibility was poorly designed. Changing a light bulb is so fawking difficult!
7) The stock radio sucks ass along with the factory speakers
8) Nuts and bolts beneath the car corrode so easily. Shit quality
9) Too much plastic on the interior.
10) The rear plastic piece on the rear bumper pisses me off, buh im used to it now.
11) Poor radio reception

I think thats it for now!

b.rabbit
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't like the rust specks! :(

coyote
02-18-2009, 04:01 PM
one more con. that underside splash guard for the 2.3L has the same hole as the 2.0L therefore it doesn't do anything. they should've had a different piece for the 2.3L. gay and cheap of mazda to do that...

I hate to break it to you, but the hole doesn't do anything on the 2.0L either. I still have to take off the whole splashgaurd when doing an oil change.

I want the guard there, but I hate having to take it off everytime I do an oil change. And the fact that the oil filter spills oil all over the place when you take it off.

mazdabetty
02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't like the rust specks! :(

Booo, yeah rust specks are the only bad thing I've noticed so far. Just took my 3 in yesterday to get them all cleaned up, thankfully I'm still covered under that rust warranty!!!!

Bean
02-18-2009, 08:06 PM
What year is your car if you have the rust specks?

What is the Factory warranty for Rust?

mazdabetty
02-18-2009, 08:26 PM
What year is your car if you have the rust specks?

What is the Factory warranty for Rust?

It's a 2005. It was mostly bubbling around the back wheel wells, then I noticed paint chipping off and rusting right after I made the appointment (just in time I guess).

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 5 years from the manufactured date. The only thing they wouldn't cover for me is the rusting on the wiper arm, but that's easily fixed.

Bean
02-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Only 4 years old and rusting :(
Scary

I hope they fix it for you. What dealer do you go to?

mazdabetty
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I knowwww tell me about it. I don't feel so bad though as I hear it's pretty common.

I'm sure they'll do a good job. I go to Bank Street Mazda in Ottawa. They've been amazing so far!

Bean
02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
I hope they continue being amazing for you and cover you under the Rust warranty.

b.rabbit
02-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Yeah, it's pretty common. Mine's a 2008 car, but I think it's just from my car or other ppl's car's brake dust or something. It's easily noticeable on light colour cars apparently.

Just went out to CT to get Meguiar's Claybar Kit and plan to clay bar the car when the weather is good again.

DruidB
03-09-2009, 03:33 AM

The 2010 has none of these issues...

DreamM3
03-12-2009, 09:41 AM
It's a 2005. It was mostly bubbling around the back wheel wells, then I noticed paint chipping off and rusting right after I made the appointment (just in time I guess).

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 5 years from the manufactured date. The only thing they wouldn't cover for me is the rusting on the wiper arm, but that's easily fixed.

As much as I love my car and Mazda's in general, they seriously are a piece of shit when it comes to rusting. I am double coat it every year when I rust proof.

DreamM3
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah, it's pretty common. Mine's a 2008 car, but I think it's just from my car or other ppl's car's brake dust or something. It's easily noticeable on light colour cars apparently.

Just went out to CT to get Meguiar's Claybar Kit and plan to clay bar the car when the weather is good again.

The brake dust is strongly impacted on the quality of the brake pads used... I had the same problem. Changed to performance pads and no more dust.

fatsock
09-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't know if this is mentioned b.c I'm not reading 230 other posts but this pissed me off today:

New key $40.00, to program the key $160, and the fob to go with it is $250.00.

Are you PHUKING kidding me! Absolute bollox!

:complain:complain:complain:complain:complain:comp lain:complain:complain

Bean
09-16-2009, 11:30 PM
What type of key was this??? Please tell me not the regular one. :(

Thrizzl3
09-17-2009, 01:23 AM
I don't know if this is mentioned b.c I'm not reading 230 other posts but this pissed me off today:

New key $40.00, to program the key $160, and the fob to go with it is $250.00.

Are you PHUKING kidding me! Absolute bollox!

:complain:complain:complain:complain:complain:comp lain:complain:complain

what dealer was doing this..the programming is the biggest ripoff..it take 4 mins lol and we have the instructions on how to do it

SilentJay
09-17-2009, 07:39 AM
I think I got the flipkey cut, which includes the fob, for about $35? Programming is literally a few minutes, and is just a matter of opening and closing your door a few times.

fatsock
09-17-2009, 09:47 PM
what dealer was doing this..the programming is the biggest ripoff..it take 4 mins lol and we have the instructions on how to do it

You are kidding about it taking 4 minutes? $40.00 per minute!

I'm in Calgary, and I just called the biggest dealer, KRAMER MAZDA, After what you say, maybe I will call around and see how much the dealers differ.

It is just the regular key for a 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan GS.

S.F.W.
09-17-2009, 09:59 PM

I'm in Calgary, and I just called the biggest dealer, KRAMER MAZDA, After what you say, maybe I will call around and see how much the dealers differ.

do you have your original two keys? If you only have 1 key, then it is expensive, as the dealership has to get the security codes, etc, from Mazda Canada's database.
If you already have two keys, you can get the flip key set up for ~$100, and program it yourself.

Thrizzl3
09-17-2009, 10:09 PM

you can do it yourself..just search the forum.

philipfreire
09-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Biggest con of the mazda3 is that it's no lamborugini.

;)

JashiK
09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
toss some chicken to Phildo and he'll do it for you... (it's gotta be popeyes chicken)

Bean
09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
What is a Lamborugini?

JashiK
09-18-2009, 11:09 PM
it's the knock off... lol

rajin929
09-19-2009, 07:07 AM
agreed with many here on the brake dust, this car came with THE most shitty pads from the factory!

I'm planning on changing over to ceramic pads come spring, by then our car would be up for a brake job.

philipfreire
09-20-2009, 09:41 AM
What is a Lamborugini?

Oops! Stupid iphone hahah Lamborghini

fatsock
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Here's something that annoys me, simply because I'm impatient. ;)

The disc changer takes forever to read discs; both MP3 and non-MP3 discs.

"Reading... Reading.. Reading." My last '3 took under 2 seconds to read any disc and start playing music.

You know I've actually never put a CD into my stereo as the input jack plugs so nicely into my I-POD, which leaves me to my complaint, why aren't there I-POD controls on the stereo?

BeEvil
09-24-2009, 05:44 PM
The 2 things I would have liked to see on the 2010 3 are:

1. Windshield wipers that, when not in use, tuck under the hood. Give the car a cleaner look.
2. Struts on the hood so you don't need to use a bar to hold it up. Just way more convenient.

BeEvil

Bean
09-24-2009, 05:57 PM
One thing I like is that I still have all original brakes and I am getting quite close to 70,000 km.

Nova 3 GT
09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
The oil dipstick on the 2006-2009 models is a pain in the rearend to read. :complain The 2004-2005 are much easier to read. I wonder what the 2010 looks like....

bunchi
09-25-2009, 10:53 PM
our cars being too sexy is a con.... there were more than 30 cars in our parking lot at work and the bastard chose mine to break into :chuckle

She_Prime
09-25-2009, 11:00 PM
our cars being too sexy is a con.... there were more than 30 cars in our parking lot at work and the bastard chose mine to break into :chuckle

When I saw you were the top poster in this thread I was hoping to come in here and see something like this :)

bunchi
09-25-2009, 11:09 PM
When I saw you were the top poster in this thread I was hoping to come in here and see something like this :)

i'm too predictable lol but it's true though! :)

Zoom Zoom Boy
09-25-2009, 11:29 PM

So, two cons then Bunchi.

One, our cars are too sexy and too easy to break into.
Two, the heated seats can cause, ummmmmm, errrrrrrr, 'issues'. :blush Yes, I still remember. :chuckle