PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy tires

S.F.W.
06-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey everybody,

Any recomendations as to where a good place is to buy tires? I am looking at either a 205/50/17 or a 215/50/17 . My frst choice is the Kuhmo ASX.
I tried tires23, and it was going to take them a week to get. I tried e-spec, they had originally said Monday or Tuesday, but now aren\'t updating me. I also tried ok tire, but they are very expensive.
That said any other ideas? I am hoping to get something either this weekend or early next week. I just got my rims back from powdercoat, so I really want to get the new tires...

Thanks.

Optimzer
06-10-2005, 02:33 PM
how much did the powdercoating set you back? do you have any pics?

S.F.W.
06-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Powdercoating was just under $300, including the sandblasting.. I will put up pics soon in a seperate post.
any ideas for tire shops?

majic
06-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by S.F.W.

Hey everybody,

Any recomendations as to where a good place is to buy tires? I am looking at either a 205/50/17 or a 215/50/17 . My frst choice is the Kuhmo ASX.
I tried tires23, and it was going to take them a week to get. I tried e-spec, they had originally said Monday or Tuesday, but now aren\'t updating me. I also tried ok tire, but they are very expensive.
That said any other ideas? I am hoping to get something either this weekend or early next week. I just got my rims back from powdercoat, so I really want to get the new tires...

Thanks.

i\'d say our 2 affiliates will get you the best prices.. and since you\'ve been driving on your steelies or whatever else for this long.. might as well wait it out a few more days and get them CHEAPER..

i was referred to tire 3000 once (i think that\'s the name) but t23 and espec were much cheaper (when looking for a winter shoe)

you might alwo want to give second time around tire a shout - they supply new and used tires.

Whos ur dadd
06-10-2005, 04:59 PM
You should consider the Fuzion ZRi in 225/45/17. I believe Tires23 posted a price of $650 at one point.

Great summer tire. Lots of grip. I haven\'t found the limits yet (I really haven\'t driven too aggressively), but it appears to be very sticky. I could make the old Toyos chirp and squeal with spirited driving, but not much of that with the new sticky rubber. Much better transitional response over the stock Toyos too. It\'s only a little bit louder in terms of road noise, but it\'s not too loud and doesn\'t hum.

Fuzion is a division of Bridgestone, I believe, aimed at the Tuner market. There\'s Bridgestone technology in the tire, without the cost.

Joel
06-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

You should consider the Fuzion ZRi in 225/45/17. I believe Tires23 posted a price of $650 at one point.

The only thing is Fuzion wear much faster than the Kumho ASX. If your not going to race or being an agressive driver (which you shouldnt), they are not appropriate. The ASX give a fairly good grip (much better than the stock) and a good threadwear (Sp?).
As far as I know, you already check for the better place in term of price. If you want them now you probably gonna have to pay.

BTW go for the 205 instead of 215. To much difference with the stock diameter (at least for my taste).

Whos ur dadd
06-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Joel

If your not going to race or being an agressive driver (which you shouldnt), they are not appropriate. The ASX give a fairly good grip (much better than the stock) and a good threadwear (Sp?).

I disagree. What is considered \"appropriate\"? If you\'re talking VALUE or LONGEVITY, then a longer wearing ASX (which I assume is true; haven\'t checked) may be more appropriate. If you need all seasons, then the ASX may be more appropriate (they\'re an all-season right?). However, if you enjoy spirited driving, enjoy better road feel and/or enjoy shortened stopping distances, then dedicated summer tires (not necessarily the Fuzion) would be a great choice.

I am a big fan of overspending on tires. There is a built in safety factor with good rubber.

All seasons on a Corvette would work; but better tires would be, well, better.

Originally posted by Joel

BTW go for the 205 instead of 215. To much difference with the stock diameter (at least for my taste).

225/45/17. Not 215. In any event, the stock diameter is pretty much equal.

Tire width is another story. However, it\'s been shown that 225/45/17 will fit fine (with the proper offset, of course...).

RedRaptor
06-11-2005, 01:02 AM
I got my Kumho ASX from Tires23. I\'ve put around 5000km on them now and they are great. Excellent in wet, very good in dry. Great budget all season tires.

SABIO
06-11-2005, 01:12 AM
I say talk to Billy @ Tires23. Pay the extra for some Real tires like P-Zero Neros:)

RedRaptor
06-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

I say talk to Billy @ Tires23. Pay the extra for some Real tires like P-Zero Neros:)

Ouch...hahaha...dang man...wish I had money for \"real\" tires...:hoho

Well...in 18\" they would cost me a fortune.

Joel
06-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

225/45/17. Not 215. In any event, the stock diameter is pretty much equal.

Tire width is another story. However, it\'s been shown that 225/45/17 will fit fine (with the proper offset, of course...).

I know 225/45/17 is good. Actually I think there only 1-2mm difference with the stock. But first they dont fit on the stock rims (or at least much not be fit on them). And if you look the original post, it mention 215/50/17.