PDA

View Full Version : Dual Exhaust

SourcE
06-10-2005, 05:18 PM
I think \'The Only Duel\' has one, but I was wondering, how, where, how much?

Was it easy to install? Did you have to mod your rear bumper?

I think Ex-Rolla might be interested too...

Ex-Rolla
06-10-2005, 05:37 PM
thanks for keeping me in mind, but I\'m not interested in an exausht system in general right now... Doesn\'t mean I\'m not curious though ;)

WhiteSpeed3
06-11-2005, 12:53 AM
i had to do a custom pipe there was a lot of bending and cuting to fit it and i did have to cut the bumper to fit the pipe on the right side... it took a lot of time to do but it was all wirth it now i am stand out from the rest of the mazda3s and thats wat i wanted to do be different thats y i didnt buy a civic but now the m3 is the civic everywhere u look there is one there i cant stand it TO MANY MAZDA3

SourcE
06-11-2005, 07:55 AM
You have any pix, would love to see the finished product....:)

WhiteSpeed3
06-11-2005, 06:06 PM
heres a pik from meet 10 it was my first and i was surprized how many ppl were there

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2125914689&mode=invite

look through the pix its the white one

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-11-2005, 06:42 PM
The only dual: do u mind to tell me how much percentage is ur window tinting?

coz I also have a white hatch, I wanted to do a 20% all around, but wonder if it would be too much contrast as for a white car.

WhiteSpeed3
06-11-2005, 06:44 PM
im not sure its the darkest legal tint go to the dealer and ask they did mine

david3
06-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by the only dual

heres a pik from meet 10 it was my first and i was surprized how many ppl were there

That was a fairly smallish meet. We\'ve had bigger before.

WhiteSpeed3
06-11-2005, 08:20 PM
well it was my first and i thought it was a lot hopefully the next one more ppl will show

Optimzer
06-11-2005, 08:30 PM
the first meet I went to was a mini-meet of like 5 Mz3\'s, a few proteges and a couple of imprezas and I thought *that* was a lot! lol! :D

SourcE
06-12-2005, 10:29 PM
that looks like a job well done, i\'ll have to have a closer look at a meet one time

TheProfessor
06-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Did the dual exhaust hurt your performance at all? I\'ve heard from a number of sources that on normally aspirated four cylinder engines a true dual exhaust will hinder more than help.

WhiteSpeed3
06-12-2005, 11:44 PM
i didnt feel any lose of performance but im also not sure if it added that much but its really loud and wit the new law out the cops r prob on the look out for me

i prob got to dyno it to see wat it did

MajesticBlueNTO
06-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Did the dual exhaust hurt your performance at all? I\'ve heard from a number of sources that on normally aspirated four cylinder engines a true dual exhaust will hinder more than help.

there is no \"true\" dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder as there is only one bank of cylinders.

to get a \"true\" dual exhaust, you\'d have to have a header cylinder 1 and 2, and a header for cylinder 3 and 4 ...and then route that exhaust separately. in that case, you\'d definitely get power loss as the exhaust pulses are not optimum.

SABIO
06-13-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

Originally posted by PSIVIC

there is no \"true\" dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder as there is only one bank of cylinders.

to get a \"true\" dual exhaust, you\'d have to have a header cylinder 1 and 2, and a header for cylinder 3 and 4 ...and then route that exhaust separately. In that case, you\'d definitely get power loss as the exhaust pulses are not optimum.

You never know until you try:D and no.. I won\'t do it.........