PDA

View Full Version : engine lights is on wt should i do???

chu315
06-13-2005, 02:32 AM
my engine light suddenly turn on b4 i got home today, anyone know wt should i do, should i go to the dealership and let them check??? but my problem is i got some after market parts on my 3, so should i still go to the dealership. thz.................

TheProfessor
06-13-2005, 08:06 AM
What parts do you have? Did you do anything out of the ordinary yesterday (or whenever) like go to a carwash? Some members have had the light go off after going through a car wash.

racing3
06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
for *most* cases, the engine lights is on due to a censor fail. Some small garage has some logger to tell what it is for I believe. If you take it to dealership, it depends on what you have. IF you add a turbocharger or change the chips, something like that, I believe that will void the warranty.

MAZDA3_MIKE
06-17-2005, 11:19 AM
or in my case the timing when way outta wack for what ever reason , and the motor blew . i would take it in asap just to be safe .

MAZDA3_MIKE
06-17-2005, 11:22 AM
also someone on here may read your car to see why the cel is on , for the right price i would guess . ask around im sure someone here may be able to help you .

Ex-Rolla
06-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Like PSIVIC said, what parts do you have? CAI? if so, make sure the MAF sensors connector is not too taught, leave some slack, maybe unplug it, plug it back in... See how that works. I still say take it to the dealer just to be safe though