PDA

View Full Version : Where can you get your car waxed?

Hazy
06-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone know a good place to get their car waxed/claybar/etc. for a good price. Reason I\'m asking is because I\'m always too busy which gives me no time to wax my car. In fact, my car has never been waxed before. I\'ve had my car for two months now and I think its time to get some waxing done (btw its white). If anyone knows, please let me know, It\'ll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

lukel90
06-14-2005, 11:58 AM
bring it over to my house...ill do it for you....i use some of the best products and take great care in detailing a car.. plus im way way cheaper then the shops...lol

Optimzer
06-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by lukel90

bring it over to my house...ill do it for you....i use some of the best products and take great care in detailing a car.. plus im way way cheaper then the shops...lol

there are probably a number of people on this board who will do it for you. I do a number of cars for friends and family (for a small fee of course, or food, or equivalent) :D

PlatMS6
06-19-2005, 05:03 PM
eww u guys rub other ppl\'s cars :p

Joel
06-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 2004mz3

No, its call \"borrow\".

Bring it to me, I will give it back to you..........................sometime :D

eguiyab
06-20-2005, 11:03 PM
It doesn\'t take long to wax a car the size of our 3. If you wanted to help speed up the process CanTire has a sale on 8 and 10in random orbit polishers. That can help save some time. And claybaring is very easy. At first I didn\'t wanna do it either but it takes about 20 mins to do the whole car.
However, Ziebart and Henderson Car Cleaning (apperently one of the best in toronto) are just two of many that will do so. Check the yellow pages too. It will definetly cost more than doing it yourself but it can be done. Just remember, you will lose the car for a few hours while they do the work, that might be more of an inconvience than doing it yourself.

S.F.W.
06-21-2005, 12:16 AM
I am probably going to get my car done at Mr. Steam http://www.mrsteamcarwash.com . It won\'t be cheap but they will do full interior, and exterior detailing, plus clay barring. They even offer a pickup and delivery service.

Optimzer
06-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by 2004mz3

in other realms it\'s called \"swapping\"

SABIO
06-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by S.F.W.

I am probably going to get my car done at Mr. Steam http://www.mrsteamcarwash.com . It won\'t be cheap but they will do full interior, and exterior detailing, plus clay barring. They even offer a pickup and delivery service.

Actually, their prices are pretty cheap. Up here in Newmarket I have checked 2 places and they want $200/$225 Just for Claying and High speed polish alone!!! Then another $125-$150 for complete interior....... :(

SABIO
06-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Hmmm.. i found a place here in Newmarket that is going to do my car inside and out incld. engine shampoo, clay and wax for $200. Not to bad.

$120 for complete interior/exterior inclds. shampooing stains and carpet, wash and tire shine.

$50 for wax

$30 for engine clean

Hazy
06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
where is this place located?

TheProfessor
06-23-2005, 03:49 PM
I\'ve used a place called Greg\'s Autoshine in Scarborough in the past. They are a small shop, but do very good work. Prices are pretty good too, but it is an all cash type of affair. They are located on Nantucket (beside Dynopower Services) in the Kennedy and Lawrence area. He also gets the overflow from local car dealerships.

Saphress
06-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey guys,... I know a detailing shop in Pickering/Ajax... really nice owner... does an amazing job.... used to be a client of mine at the bank.... decent prices too...

Fuman
06-28-2005, 06:00 PM
u guys make it sound like you guys are swapping your wifes :p jkz.

wats claybarring?

majic
06-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Fuman

wats claybarring?

majoogle (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2141#28985) :D

Optimzer
06-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by majic

Originally posted by Fuman

wats claybarring?

majoogle (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2141#28985) :D

you\'ve been majoogled!

BLUPAULS
07-17-2005, 04:33 AM
My business Lasting Shine offers a mobile detailing service. If you are interested, give me a call at 416-880-1901. I\'m sure we can work out a good deal for you,

Paul

majic
07-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by BLUPAULS

My business Lasting Shine offers a mobile detailing service. If you are interested, give me a call at 416-880-1901. I\'m sure we can work out a good deal for you,

Paul

Originally posted by BLUPAULS

I get all my Microfibre products from www.lastingshine.ca .
He is a mobile retailer and does delivery in the GTA.

lol :)

TheProfessor
07-18-2005, 08:10 AM
^^^ :D Good eyes man.

skunk2
07-18-2005, 04:20 PM
theres a guy in torontocivics.com that does detailing at home.
he\'s in hamilton. his username there is Tego. There\'s pics of his work on that board.

Hazy
11-01-2005, 07:34 PM
bump ^^

Any recommended detailling shops at a reasonable price? :D

Hanif
11-10-2005, 11:51 AM
yes, I might be interested in this too...maybe a once-a-year thing if I don\'t feel like doing it myself.

swales
11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
What exactly are you looking to get done? You just want a wash and wax or do you want \"the works\" which includes swirl/scratch removal?

Hazy
11-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Everything including the works.

astatik
11-11-2005, 01:55 AM
i work at bmw (town&country bmw: hwy407&kennedy), in the detailing section. we clean the cars inside and out and wash them thoroughly and professionally like how u recieve your car when you first purchase it: *shiny and brand new*.

if u guys want msg me to set up a appointment:
$30 wash exterior / clean interior/ tire shine (the workz)
$60 wash+wax

swales
11-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by astatik

i work at bmw (town&country bmw: hwy407&kennedy), in the detailing section. we clean the cars inside and out and wash them thoroughly and professionally like how u recieve your car when you first purchase it: *shiny and brand new*.

$60 wash+wax

No offence as I haven\'t seen \"your\" work, but I haven\'t seen a dealership (that goes for high-end dealerships too) do a good detail in the last 15 years that I\'ve been in the industry.

Yes they\'ll make your car \"look\" clean, but more often then not, they actually give your car swirl marks, paint marring and hairline scratches.

Zaku_4
11-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by swales

$60 wash+wax

No offence as I haven\'t seen \"your\" work, but I haven\'t seen a dealership (that goes for high-end dealerships too) do a good detail in the last 15 years that I\'ve been in the industry.

Yes they\'ll make your car \"look\" clean, but more often then not, they actually give your car swirl marks, paint marring and hairline scratches.

town and country bmw eh.

at maranello ours came out perfectly like when we bought it. its bmw, not mazda (never had my car washed EVERRRRRRRRRRR at prima that i can recall) so not matter what it would be better then expected at mazda.

hmm why is the works cheaper then wash and wax lol? and they dont mind other cars being brought in? rofl imagine a fleet of mazda3\'s pulling ito the town and country dealership. hmm i really would like to get the works done, cuase yeah... the interior of my car isnt exactly the cleanest thing you will ever see. lol

astatik
11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
sorry for the confusion guys,
Technically we arn\'t allowed to detail random people\'s cars during regular business hours. That is why you have to set up a appointment with me.
As to clarify again with the pricing:
-$30 wash exterior/ clean interior
-$60 wash exterior/ clean interior / wax
Furthermore I understand your concern, some dealerships have detailers that do half ass jobs on cars. but i can say for sure that we do not have detailers such as those. we do not leave swirl marks, paint marring or hairline scratches. Our work is done professionally, with effort and care.

Zaku_4
11-15-2005, 07:39 AM

sorry for the confusion guys,
Technically we arn\'t allowed to detail random people\'s cars during regular business hours. That is why you have to set up a appointment with me.
Furthermore I understand your concern, some dealerships have detailers that do half ass jobs on cars. but i can say for sure that we do not have detailers such as those. we do not leave swirl marks, paint marring or hairline scratches. Our work is done professionally, with effort and care.

well then, when are your available times =D and what exact do u do for each thing if u dont mind me asking

swales
11-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Also, what products are used?

Zaku_4
11-16-2005, 06:06 AM
also!

lol how did u get that job?! i wouldnt mind working at town+country washing peoples cars. it would be awesomeeee.

lol my dream job is car salesmen for bmw, but my dad would disown me if i went that route lol. damn, sitting around looking at cars, talking to people agbout cars, driving cars...

what a dream... being around things you love most of the time while doing something thats worth money whihc involves them...:hoho

Hanif
11-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Zaku_4

lol how did u get that job?! i wouldnt mind working at town+country washing peoples cars. it would be awesomeeee.

lol my dream job is car salesmen for bmw, but my dad would disown me if i went that route lol. damn, sitting around looking at cars, talking to people agbout cars, driving cars...

what a dream... being around things you love most of the time while doing something thats worth money whihc involves them...:hoho

My dream would be the same but at a cadillac dealership. My future \'dream\' car is an ESCALADE..and so substitute cadillac for bmw and i\'m with you :D

Hanif
11-16-2005, 07:08 PM

astatik: to sum up previous posts:

So when are the appointments available?? :)

What products do you use (i.e. brand of wax, car soap, leather cleaner or fabric cleaner, etc...)??

Roughly how long does each process take (i.e. the $30 vs. the $60 treatment)???

Any other answers to questions I can\'t think of right now :p