PDA

View Full Version : TiRe CaPs

m_a_t_r_i_x
06-14-2005, 08:08 PM
i bought those silver tire caps at walmart same thing being sold at crappy tire for 8 bucks. when i had my 8k service at the dealer, they dnt recommend those tire caps that i put on bec they seized the tire valves or something..........

so do u knw guys where to buy good tire caps silver color preferably to match the stock rims....

dnt tell me pacific mall again?

Mica3SGT
06-14-2005, 10:10 PM
I bought the high chrome (natch) caps at Walmart for 6 bucks - Crappy Tire wanted 9 bucks. They are highly detailed with a great finish and look much better than the standard black poly caps. I\'ll be gettin steel rims with snow tires for winter use. The chrome or aluminum anodized caps will seize with salt - drop some oil on the treads and you will be OK for now.:)

m_a_t_r_i_x
06-14-2005, 10:18 PM
i intend to get a set of rims/tires for my winter wheels....are u getting kumho, most of the guys here bought those last yr...where do u plan to buy? how much? steel rims will be 16\"?

TheProfessor
06-15-2005, 03:35 PM
I\'d be interested in steelies+winters too.......it should be cheaper if we were to buy now during the summer, right?

majic
06-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

I\'d be interested in steelies+winters too.......it should be cheaper if we were to buy now during the summer, right?

probably not since they aren\'t in stock unless you can find last year\'s leftovers.. from what i saw last year sept/oct was the PRIME time to get the winters. i bought mine about a month before i had my car but i saved roughly 150-200bux because the demand skyrocketed with the news of first snowfalls and accidents. just my 2 pesos