PDA

View Full Version : Red Dash Lights To Blue?

west_c14
06-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Just Wondering, i read another discussion on this but there wasnt a good answer.. how hard would it be to change all of the interior lighting to blue. i Can see that its not the bulbs that make it red but the plastic or watever, so is there a way to get those pieces off the dash and there must be somewhere i can get blue ones made or something.
just wondering how hard this would be, let me know.

2005 mazda 3 Sedan, tins, sub, amp. prettty much stock.

TheProfessor
06-15-2005, 01:17 PM
To have new pieces made in blue would likely cost a lot. If you get a quote I\'d be very interested in seeing it though.

eguiyab
06-20-2005, 10:35 PM
I too was thinking about this, when decided to change my headunit to an aftermarket one I decided to take a closer look at the face of the stock unit. Its true that it is the coating that is on the back of the buttons that make the lettering red. I wonder if you gently scrape at the back of the buttons would the letters actually be clear?? So if you re-coated it with a different color that would show up?? As far as the central \"line\" across the deck, it is just a transparent piece of red film. That can easily be replaced. I would think it would be a big job, but it would be nice is someone did it.