PDA

View Full Version : Where do you install your intake?

al01
06-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Hi, is there any place thats good for installing a cai??

SABIO
06-16-2005, 10:01 PM
hey, I\'ll do it... $59.95 plus tax :D Hey, it should only take you about 90 minutes to do it.
I overheard a discussion at Pacific Mall where the sales person was telling a perspective buyer that they have to get it installed at a garage....Rubish!! A screwdriver and a couple sockets is all you need..... well a jack is handy too...

Ex-Rolla
06-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

hey, I\'ll do it... $59.95 plus tax :D Hey, it should only take you about 90 minutes to do it.
I overheard a discussion at Pacific Mall where the sales person was telling a perspective buyer that they have to get it installed at a garage....Rubish!! A screwdriver and a couple sockets is all you need..... well a jack is handy too...

Agreed! I know it may be a little intimidating especially being a new car, but it really isn\'t difficult to do. If you have some sort of instructions and a few hours to spare, I say go for it. In most cases you won\'t need an \"advanced\" tool kit. A screwdriver and a ratchet/wrench set will do just fine.

I was worried about installing it on my car, but in the end, it turned out fine. (I din\'t have any instructions either. I used a picture of the intake as a guide)

To simply answer your question though, I think Lockdown will do the install.

Ex

lukel90
06-19-2005, 12:41 AM
just do it in your own driveway. its really simple to do as long as you go slowely. on a scale of 1-10 the intake is a 3 to install.....for comparison changing a tire is 1 or a 2...it really is that simple

Mzda3Grrrl
07-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have step by step instructions with pictures for this mod and a suggestion for a good brand, etc.? Looking to do this soon.

Thanks,

Lori

majic
07-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Mzda3Grrrl

Does anyone have step by step instructions with pictures for this mod and a suggestion for a good brand, etc.? Looking to do this soon.

Thanks,

Lori

when you buy them, they usually come with the instructions.

as for who has it, search (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php) up on TM3 for \"intake\" or the brands listed below or PM the following people

Simota CF intake: billyfo
AEM: wtom, mazdatree
RacingTech: EX-Rolla - he posted some good isntructions with pix
Injen: profusion, RJ3 (not sure if installed yet)

also, check out ppl\'s signatures as you\'ll see who\'s got what :)

HTH

wtom
07-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Mzda3Grrrl

Thanks,

Lori

I got step-by-step instructions with my AEM CAI. The only roadblock was the darn resonator! It was very difficult to get to all three bolts (one was not too bad at all, you look right at it when lying under the car).

I still have the instructions if you want to check them out before ordering a CAI.

Mzda3Grrrl
07-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks Guys. I will do some research on those brands!

Lori

whodilly
07-07-2005, 01:42 PM
in my garage in the middle of winter!! do it in the summer. Not hard at all, only the damn resonator is a pain as wtom says.