PDA

View Full Version : violent shaking

Shat2
06-18-2005, 08:27 PM
did anyone have this problem before? sorrie if i reposted.. i was going to walmart to buy some industrial strength velcro for my razo dead pedal. when i was driving home, i stopped at a light, for no reason the car starts shaking violently... i\'m like WTF. is this serious? should i tell mazda of toronto to check it out for me when i go change my oil next week?

SABIO
06-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Did you downshift? Maybe you forgot to push in the clutch when you stopped?;)

Shat2
06-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

Did you downshift? Maybe you forgot to push in the clutch when you stopped?;)
nah i wish that was it, lol.Sadly, i drive a A/T, i wish i coulda bought a manual parents wanted to drive it so they didn\'t let me buy a M/T.

Ex-Rolla
06-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Shat2

did anyone have this problem before? sorrie if i reposted.. i was going to walmart to buy some industrial strength velcro for my razo dead pedal. when i was driving home, i stopped at a light, for no reason the car starts shaking violently... i\'m like WTF. is this serious? should i tell mazda of toronto to check it out for me when i go change my oil next week?

I\'m guessing it could be related to the rough idle problem some people here have been experiencing. I say you should get it checked out. With the car being under warranty, you should not have to pay for anything.

Shat2
06-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

I\'m guessing it could be related to the rough idle problem some people here have been experiencing. I say you should get it checked out. With the car being under warranty, you should not have to pay for anything.

oo yea.. lol i just rmb\'d that thanx exrolla:)

Flagrum_3
06-20-2005, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

oo yea.. lol i just rmb\'d that thanx exrolla:)

Have them check the motormounts too while your in, I think there\'s been some problems there also.

_3

Mzda3Grrrl
06-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Was it when you were braking? My front rotors keep warping and cause the steering wheel to shake pretty badly when I brake from higher speeds.

TheProfessor
06-29-2005, 09:13 AM
What do you mean \"keep warping\"? Have you had them replaced and they have still warped, or are you on the original set?

Ex-Rolla
06-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Mzda3Grrrl

Was it when you were braking? My front rotors keep warping and cause the steering wheel to shake pretty badly when I brake from higher speeds.

Do you wash your car often? One thing that a lot of people do is wash their car after a long day of driving. Because the rotors are extremely hot, the cool down process should occur naturally. If you have a constant stream of cold water on the rotors, there is a good chance they may deform... this applies to any metal surface. I learned the hard way while washing my old car :( , I actually had my cheap ass rotor crack on me because of that!

I can\'t think of any other reason why they would \"keep\" warping.

Fuman
06-29-2005, 12:55 PM
another reason for constant wrapping
the rotars have been machined 2 more times, so the rotar is rather thin, alot easier to wrap.

I had to spray water on mine yesterday.
Drove my friend to get his car fixed than drove him home to get his other car so he can go to work.
I went home (my brakes were fading, cause of the heat), to cool my brakes then proceed to work.

Mzda3Grrrl
07-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I don\'t often wash my car right after driving long distances so I don\'t think that is it but you never know. I will keep that in mind now.

My story on the rotors...(copied from an older post I replied to)

I have a 2004 Mazda3 Sport GT. At about 30K my car started doing the exact thing you are talking about (steering wheel shaking when braking) so I took it to the dealer I bought it from (Dave Wood in Newmarket) and they told me the rotors were warped. They gave me some story about it could be from driving a long distance (rotors heat up) and then a good slam on the brakes. Well, I don\'t think that happened at all but anyways. They were warped. They gave me a price of $150 to machine them and I decided I couldn\'t afford it at that time so I passed.

At around 40 - 45K I took my car to Avante because my check engine light came on (turned out to be the purge valve which was replaced under warranty) and I asked them about the rotors. They gave me a price of $100 to do the machining so I gave them the go-ahead. At about 60 - 65K the shaking started again so I mentioned it at my oil change appointment (switched completely to Avante by this point, much better service for me) and they replaced the rotors completely (under warranty). A few months and 10K later, the shaking is back. I have to think there is an underlying problem here and that I am not \"Slamming\" on my brakes. I have driven 3 dif. vehicles quite regularly over the past 11 years and have never had anything like this happen so I don\'t think it is me.

I now have 84K on my car so I don\'t know what they will do for me but getting them machined every 4 - 5 months is not an option. There must be something wrong. I am now considering replacing rotors and pads with aftermarket hoping to stop this and that god awful embarassing squealing noise. Opinions on what I should do? I hate that at most places being a girl is a real disadvantage as they think they can rip you off and you won\'t know it.

mazda3boss
07-06-2005, 10:12 PM
just today i experienced some shakin but not violent, the check engine light is on so i\'ma take it to dealer to check it out, this happened when i was on the highway :(

nifty6
07-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Mzda3Grrrl

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I don\'t often wash my car right after driving long distances so I don\'t think that is it but you never know. I will keep that in mind now.

My story on the rotors...(copied from an older post I replied to)

I have a 2004 Mazda3 Sport GT. At about 30K my car started doing the exact thing you are talking about (steering wheel shaking when braking) so I took it to the dealer I bought it from (Dave Wood in Newmarket) and they told me the rotors were warped. They gave me some story about it could be from driving a long distance (rotors heat up) and then a good slam on the brakes. Well, I don\'t think that happened at all but anyways. They were warped. They gave me a price of $150 to machine them and I decided I couldn\'t afford it at that time so I passed.

At around 40 - 45K I took my car to Avante because my check engine light came on (turned out to be the purge valve which was replaced under warranty) and I asked them about the rotors. They gave me a price of $100 to do the machining so I gave them the go-ahead. At about 60 - 65K the shaking started again so I mentioned it at my oil change appointment (switched completely to Avante by this point, much better service for me) and they replaced the rotors completely (under warranty). A few months and 10K later, the shaking is back. I have to think there is an underlying problem here and that I am not \"Slamming\" on my brakes. I have driven 3 dif. vehicles quite regularly over the past 11 years and have never had anything like this happen so I don\'t think it is me.

I now have 84K on my car so I don\'t know what they will do for me but getting them machined every 4 - 5 months is not an option. There must be something wrong. I am now considering replacing rotors and pads with aftermarket hoping to stop this and that god awful embarassing squealing noise. Opinions on what I should do? I hate that at most places being a girl is a real disadvantage as they think they can rip you off and you won\'t know it.

majic
07-06-2005, 11:05 PM
whachu sayin\' ron?

nifty6
07-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by majic

whachu sayin\' ron?

WTF posted a long reply looks like it got lost somewhere in the outer space
no time to redo it at the moment or even remember what I said

nifty6
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Ok lets try it again...$150 to machine rotors seems pretty steep to me. The cost of new ones might cost the same? not sure. I never machine my rotors as they become thinner and will warp again in a short period of time. So whats the point. If you are looking for aftermarket pads and rotors try Raybestos, or any other premium product. What kind of driving do you do? stop and go? brake at the last second? The driving habits could also wear brakes faster. My daughters 6 year old car went over 60,000 KM before her first brake job. Rears drums are still original. Her driving is very little stop and go and 50 50 slow and highway driving.

fat mike
07-08-2005, 01:32 PM
I just had my rotors replaced on my 04 3. I have 32000kms on the car and noticed shaking while braking at highway speeds. I took my car into the dealer and told them abuot the problem. They replaced my front rotors for me free of charge. This is a little concerning though because after 2000kms I had all 4 rotors replaced on my car due to severe grooving. people shouldnt have to pay for anything if rotors are warping after 30000km.