PDA

View Full Version : Custom deck installation at Lockdown

SwooshICE
06-22-2005, 02:16 AM
I wanted a new deck but didn\\\\\\\'t want to destroy the factory look, so I brought my 3 to Lockdown and they handled the rest ;)

looks way better than the kit IMO.

props to Jeff at Lockdown for the great install. :)

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/Photo-0167.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/Photo-0168.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/Photo-0169.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-22-2005, 02:57 AM
How much is the installation say if I brought my own deck!?:sarc

SwooshICE
06-22-2005, 06:05 AM
It should be around 150+tax
I suggest you call Lockdown to find out exactly how much it would cost :)

Jeff would be happy to help you.

I have a few other things done together with the deck so I don\'t know the cost of only installing the deck.

TheProfessor
06-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Out of curiousity, how much better did the stereo sound after the deck was put in? Are you still running a factory system or have you upgraded it?

bubba1983
06-22-2005, 08:58 AM
DAYUM....now thats something that suits my taste!

SoopaBanana
06-22-2005, 10:07 AM
WTF...

See you soon Jeff! lol

EDIT: how long did the install take?

EMAGDNIM
06-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Looks great...:D

Illmatic
06-22-2005, 01:12 PM
That looks nice, but I guess you lost your lighter outlet and airbag light. I\'m not sure how it would work with an AT because when the car is in park there isn\'t much clearance.

Do the steering wheel controls still work?

SwooshICE
06-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Out of curiousity, how much better did the stereo sound after the deck was put in? Are you still running a factory system or have you upgraded it?

The stereo sounded a WHOLELOT better after the deck was put in (especially the highs)
I have infinity 6802 installed in all 4 corners. I noticed it only made a small difference when I was running the stock HU. Now that the deck is installed..... :D :D

how long did the install take?
I was there from 3-8 lol but it\'s the first time Jeff\'s doing this for the 3. So he had to figure out a few things before he could get started. It shouldn\'t take long as everything\'s already figured out now ;)

That looks nice, but I guess you lost your lighter outlet and airbag light. I\'m not sure how it would work with an AT because when the car is in park there isn\'t much clearance.
Jeff actually offered to put my cig light outlet back in below the deck, but to do so he would have to take apart the stock piece. I didn\'t want it destroyed just in case I need to revert back to stock hehe.
As for the airbag light, its prety much useless unless you have a baby that you REEEALY need to put at the passenger seat...not that you would want to do that anyway :p very dangerous

heh btw I do hv an AT.. but i spilt some crap on the silver piece and it ate the paint :( now i use the shift boot to cover it up lol :p

Aud1o_Fr33k
07-01-2005, 12:51 PM
im new so can anyone give me the info for Lockdown i.e location/ number plz and thx

S.F.W.
07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
you can check out: http://www.lockdownsecurity.ca
They are located int he 401 and McCowan area. Jeff is the guy to talk to...great place. They did an awesome job on my install this week.

Axela Mazda 3
07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
hey swooshice, does your factory deck lcd screed still work??? and do the orange lights still turn on???

SwooshICE
07-02-2005, 11:15 PM
yes
the LCD lights up
in fact u can even put yer cd in heh.. just that you won\'t hear anything from it

Broli
07-11-2005, 01:30 PM
hey, New to the forum, hello everyone

that looks nice Swooshice, do you by any chance know how much the custom mounting kit is?
i like this a lot better than thoses din kits for the dash vents area !!
:D

SwooshICE
07-13-2005, 07:07 AM
you can call Lockdown and ask for Jeff directly for the price :)
I did other stuff together too so I forgot the exact price heh

Broli
07-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks SwooshICE,

sounds like a plan,

one more question, I know it was asked to ya,
but do you find you can put cds in when the car is in park?
or do you have to move it to neutral?

Broli
07-13-2005, 01:46 PM
The angle looks like if could help for letting cds in ?

SwooshICE
07-13-2005, 09:02 PM
no problems getting the cd in an out when shifter is in park position

Axela Mazda 3
07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Hey Swooshice, 1 last question about the factory lcd. It lights up meaning the clock still works and when you roll the volume nob, the light orange clicks still works right?? or it just ligts up orange and nothing is on the screen?

LOCKDOWN-P5
07-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Hello Everyone

The factory radio will function completely still EXCEPT for audio coming out of it. We only disconnect the speaker outputs from the factory radio when we do this modification.

For anyone who is interested in this modification please call us at (647)-435-5896 and we would be glad to assist you. We are located at:

191 Nugget Avenue
Unit # 2
Scarborough, Ontario
M1S3B1

Looking forward to hearing from everyone, and don\'t forget to check out our website at www.lockdownsecurity.ca!

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

Geologic
07-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Does the steering wheel audio controls still work with the deck?.. just wondering.

SwooshICE
07-15-2005, 05:30 AM
no, you are gona need a SWIX adaptor to do that I believe

Krakilin
07-24-2005, 08:44 PM
So anybody else been to Lockdown? I wanna know the price...

SwooshICE
07-25-2005, 07:44 AM
just call and ask
it\'ll only take you 30 secs
They\'ll be happy to hear from you

SoopaBanana
07-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Just got my custom deck installed last weekend. The sound difference is INCREDIBLE!!! I still need to do some tweaking on it and take some pictures...

If this hasn\'t been mentioned enough times before, I am totally satisfied with the work from Lockdown. Great job guys!

swales
07-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by SoopaBanana

Just got my custom deck installed last weekend. The sound difference is INCREDIBLE!!! I still need to do some tweaking on it and take some pictures...

If this hasn\'t been mentioned enough times before, I am totally satisfied with the work from Lockdown. Great job guys!

Got any pics?

lowteg
08-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry to bring up this old tread....its just im going to be doing this to my m3 soon and wanted to know what exactly happens to the vents behind the ashtray compartment? are they removed forever, if so what do I lose? was a modified version put back so that functionality remains?
Also, how do you get both HU's to power up? the m3 harness would be connected to the aftermarket hu, so how would you power up the stock hu?

Thanks

SwooshICE
08-15-2007, 08:29 PM
the new HU is gona be tapped onto the cig lighter line for power

the vet is removed but not permanently, you can still put it bak when u want to revert to stock
not 100% but i believe the vent is for the passenger foot wells