PDA

View Full Version : Decent Quality Hood Deflector - Where can I get one?

Krakor
06-28-2005, 11:13 AM
I went to the dealer and they actually stated that they could not sell me one because they have been recalled due to wind noise and actually snapping off the thin ends at the edge of the hood. Many pissed off people so they won\'t sell them until they redesign it.

Anyone else hear of a place I can get a good one that isn\'t screwed up?

I got my 2.3 badging from the dealer for free and installed them myself. Looks cool.

I would love to hear from people who have decent hood deflectors.

Thanks.

:p

MicroDude
06-28-2005, 12:49 PM
i just bought my three waiting for delevery and bought the wind defelctor for the hood i didn\'t get any feedback baout not being able ot get one.

Krakor
06-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah some dealers are still selling them. You make sure that if anything happens like the wind noise or the breakage issue, you can get your money back.

Did you get the 2.3 litre version of the vehicle? If so did you get the 2.3 badging for the side? You can pick them up for free from the dealer or if you are not comfortable with doing it yourself they will do it at your first service.

Did you check your tire pressure when you picked up the car? Mine were set at 44 PSI! Horribly hard ride. They should be between 32 and 34 PSI.

Check that out soon.

Have fun.

FLIPDADY
06-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Not all dealers are giving these badges for free. Mazda sent these badges to the dealers for the 04 models that did\'nt have them on delivery. If certain dealers are just giving them out then they either have overstock of the shipment or they work it into your deal.

Krakor
06-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi Flipspeed.
I visited my dealer on the weekend to ask about the hood deflectors and i just happened to ask why I didn\'t get the badging. The parts guy went and got them for me and explained the same thing you did, they are free. Mazda sent them and did not install them on the newer models either because of some recall!?!?! I am not sure what it was. He gave them to me and asked if i would feel more comfortable having a tech do it.

Looks cool though.

Thanks.

whodilly
06-28-2005, 04:42 PM
I have the mazda hood deflector and so far no problems! Knock on wood. I think RJ3 said it best, it makes my car look ANGRY!

MicroDude
06-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Krakor

Yeah some dealers are still selling them. You make sure that if anything happens like the wind noise or the breakage issue, you can get your money back.

Did you get the 2.3 litre version of the vehicle? If so did you get the 2.3 badging for the side? You can pick them up for free from the dealer or if you are not comfortable with doing it yourself they will do it at your first service.

Did you check your tire pressure when you picked up the car? Mine were set at 44 PSI! Horribly hard ride. They should be between 32 and 34 PSI.

Check that out soon.

Have fun.

i didn\'t pick my car up eyt still waiting should be in next week.. i got a white 3 sport standard with moonroof.. the last one in canada.. the badges on the side i don\'t really want caus ei\'ll be stripping the side molding when i get it i find it looks sexier without any molding..i\'ll check the tire pressure when i get it and same wiht the deflector thanks for the heads up..

nifty6
06-29-2005, 09:53 PM

Hi Flipspeed.
I visited my dealer on the weekend to ask about the hood deflectors and i just happened to ask why I didn\'t get the badging. The parts guy went and got them for me and explained the same thing you did, they are free. Mazda sent them and did not install them on the newer models either because of some recall!?!?! I am not sure what it was. He gave them to me and asked if i would feel more comfortable having a tech do it.

Looks cool though.

Thanks.

Flipspeed, when I was in a few weeks ago to pick up the oil filter conversion parts I asked about the 2.3 badge and I was quoted a price for them.
Thanks

FLIPDADY
06-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by nifty6

Hi Flipspeed.

Looks cool though.

Thanks.

Flipspeed, when I was in a few weeks ago to pick up the oil filter conversion parts I asked about the 2.3 badge and I was quoted a price for them.
Thanks
What year was your car? If it\'s an 04 model and you didn\'t get 2.3 badges then you\'re entitled to a set at no charge to you. Unfortunately our dealership opened in April and these free badges were distributed last year so we can\'t give them out for free.

nifty6
06-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Hi Flipspeed.

Looks cool though.

Thanks.

Ops.... I miss understood, sorry, I have a 05 ....Refresh my memory, how much are they?
Again thanks

Thanks
What year was your car? If it\'s an 04 model and you didn\'t get 2.3 badges then you\'re entitled to a set at no charge to you. Unfortunately our dealership opened in April and these free badges were distributed last year so we can\'t give them out for free.

Ex-Rolla
06-30-2005, 10:06 PM
^^^^ Nifty, did you say something? :hoho

majic
06-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

^^^^ Nifty, did you say something? :hoho

lol.. i PM\'d him about that .. :p

Ops.... I miss understood, sorry, I have a 05 ....Refresh my memory, how much are they?
Again thanks

Thanks

i think he said that ^^^^ :p

Ex-Rolla
06-30-2005, 11:19 PM
lol... thanks

btw, I\'m experiencing this wind noise issue... it\'s REALLY annoying. I took the deflector off, but didn\'t know how to take the rubber bump stops off (i didn\'t want to peel the paint) so i put it back on.

At least i enjoyed a couple of days of peace and quiet driving. :(

david3
07-01-2005, 10:19 AM
just pop em off? might need to heat them up with a hair drier or something first.

rene
07-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

lol... thanks

btw, I\'m experiencing this wind noise issue... it\'s REALLY annoying. I took the deflector off, but didn\'t know how to take the rubber bump stops off (i didn\'t want to peel the paint) so i put it back on.

At least i enjoyed a couple of days of peace and quiet driving. :(

Try dental floss.

Mine is still on, inspite of the wind noise.

Krakor
07-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey guys.

My car is the 2005 Mazda 3 Sport GT. The badges were given to me free. I understand about the 04 models but my car didn\'t have the badging.

I just went to the dealer to ask about them and the parts person said that they were free and no work orders had to be done unless I wanted a tech to put them on.

Flipspeed - sorry I missed your message last week.

See ya!

Junior
07-04-2005, 03:34 PM
any think that hood deflectors - just \'deflect\' stones to your windshield? making it more a PITA, than without one, IMHO

david3
07-04-2005, 09:47 PM
With mine when it\'s lightly snowing you can see the flakes blow over and up the top of the car, so I don\'t think it\'s aimed like that.

It\'s all about the look anyways. :-)

Optimzer
07-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by david3

With mine when it\'s lightly snowing you can see the flakes blow over and up the top of the car, so I don\'t think it\'s aimed like that.

It\'s all about the look anyways. :-)

but snowflakes are a lot lighter than rocks and so the two fly differently...the rock would fly more straight...possibly straight into the windshield

Junior
07-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Optimzer
Originally posted by david3 With mine when it\'s lightly snowing you can see the flakes blow over and up the top of the car, so I don\'t think it\'s aimed like that. It\'s all about the look anyways. :-) but snowflakes are a lot lighter than rocks and so the two fly differently...the rock would fly more straight...possibly straight into the windshield

exactly ... i\'ve heard stories from some of the guys on TOP, and they just ripped the deflector off, cause of cracked windshields.