PDA

View Full Version : good lease price

thinker
06-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Ok i know this kind of post comes up all the time from newbies like me.
I\'m about to make a purchase.
Mazda 3 GS 2005 with power pack and sport pack (auto and AC)

The basic retail price for all these packages is $21,985 plus all the garbage they charge you (AC and GAS tax, freight etc... plus sales taxes)

So, i know this is negotiable.
I am looking to lease with 0 down, and to load as much as possible onto the buyback because i\'m not going to keep the car.

so far i\'v been quoted about $355 from one dealer and $322 from another (this one was over the phone) I TRUST NO DEALER.

anyone have any experience with this package? How much should i expect to pay per month?

thanks for the help
great forum

TheProfessor
06-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I\'m not 100%, but I don\'t think Mazda will let you \"load\" more onto the buyback. From what I understand it is a pre-determined amount that cannot be altered in order to lower the monthly payments.

I\'ve never leased though, so what do I know;)

Candyman
06-29-2005, 01:26 AM
The residual is pre-calculated. The only way to get the lowest payment is to ask for the low milage lease (20K/year) vs the regular 25k/year.

That\'s what I did. I got $335/month for a GT+GFX package with auto, leather, & extended warranty for a 48month lease. (I put $2K down).

Good luck with your shopping.

Candyman

Jeff-TheBiz
06-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Actually,

The percentage is set by Mazda, and it is based on the MSRP.

However, to the MSRP, Mazda allows you to add PDI ($685) Air Excise Tax ($100) and Metallic Paint ($105) to the MSRP before the residual is calculated. Generally it will allow you to drop your payment by about $9 or so.

You can also add to this $200 for a spoiler or chemical treatment (rust).

The residual percentage is also based on the lease kms. A standard res for the Mazda3 for 48 is 46% on a 25000km a year lease. and 48% on the 20000km lease.. again about $12 a month difference.

As for the good lease price...

Pay your Freight/PDI, Metallic paint and Gas & air tax up front (all said about $2000) and I got your payment at $302 a month. :)

If you are certainly bringing the car back, get the \"Wearcare\" it will save you a ton 4yrs form now.

Jeff @ Avante
(905) 780-9999

thinker
07-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey Jeff
thanks for the info.
what would that number be on 48 months (taxes in) if i didn\'t want to pay the ac taxes freight etc up front?

Also, how does the wear care kit save me money and what is it?

Again, thanks for the info. I\'ll give you a call if I can afford the numbers.

Mike

Jeff-TheBiz
07-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey Thinker,

First off lemme tell you that the percentage that Mazda sets went down 1% for July meaning now there is 1% less of the MSRP you can have in your buy back... meaning a little higher payment.

I still got it down to something reasonable. If you pay only your first payment and license fee (somewhere between $10 and $100) your payments are $343.28 (taxes included) I should also mention that I have about 300 cars available, and you get a $100 gas card for Petro Canada.

thinker
08-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Hey Thinker,

First off lemme tell you that the percentage that Mazda sets went down 1% for July meaning now there is 1% less of the MSRP you can have in your buy back... meaning a little higher payment.

I still got it down to something reasonable. If you pay only your first payment and license fee (somewhere between $10 and $100) your payments are $343.28 (taxes included) I should also mention that I have about 300 cars available, and you get a $100 gas card for Petro Canada.

what dealership are you at?
$343 all in?

how can i contact you

Saphress
08-02-2005, 07:57 PM
(laugh) Jeff Holley

905-780-9999

Avante Mazda in richmond hill

It\'s sad how I\'ve memorized this number

Fuman
08-03-2005, 01:40 PM
saphress, im surprised hasn\'t given u a job as his personal pr representative... lol.