Thread: Cobb SRI + Turbo Inlet or just SRI?

Ride
    Jeep TJ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cobb SRI + Turbo Inlet or just SRI?

Hey all,
    so im gonna buy a SRI, ive read the pros and cons of the sri vs cai and have decided to go sri. The question is that i was thinking about buying the turbo inlet hose as well for the speed3. Ive heard a lot of people saying i should get just the sri because with the two together, and a stock tune, the two will make the car pull in waves. Is this true? should i just go sri?
    also, if anyone is runnin these two with a stock tune, hows it working for you?
    thanks!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cobb SRI + Turbo Inlet or just SRI?

I'm running the Corksport SRI and inlet, and think that the flow is just a bit better overall with the aftermarket inlet. I don't think that you will find huge gains when running with a few bolt-ons as the stock inlet pipe isn't horrible, however the aftermarket ones are a larger diameter and don't have the crimping in them the way that the stock one does. Installing an aftermarket inlet pipe is about 3X the work that SRI is to install as you have to pull out the battery box and you have to reach into a couple of tight areas.

Cheers,
    Rob.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO save your money and stick with just the SRI. That money can have waay more impact elsewhere.... and like was stated above, the install sounds like a major PITA
    Canada gave us rust and DRL. Thanks for nothing Canada!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google stock inlet vs aftermarket...judging from the pics...u will see a big difference...in term of air restrictions, that's why I changed mine XD
    Yes the install is harder than installing just the SRI, but it really isn't that bad XD
    2009 Speed3 CWP - 17% Tint - WeatherTech DigitalFit - Hella Supertone - CP-E Nano SRI - Forge BPV - CP-E Inlet - SU Racepipe - Hotchkis RSB - EGR Delete - TB/Coolant Bypass - TWM Full Shifter Replacement, Bushing, Adapter - MSpeed OCC - CPE HPFP - JBR 70 PMM - JBR 80 TMM - CP-E Stage 2 RMM, UR Downpipe

Soon - JBR TIG, TMIC

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just installed the Corksport SRI/TIP today, really was not that difficult, took about 2 and a half hours, and I was taking my time.
    2009 mazdaspeed3
    CorkSport SRI/TIP... CP E motor mount... CorkSport interior LED kit... Prosport Boost Gauge... cp-e towplate... shifter bushings... 23% tints

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just dont do it in the winter when banging your knuckles pulling the stock intake apart hurts 2000% more than doing in warm weather
    Oh damn, that sucks. Oh well, I stopped reading the Speed section because according to certain people only speed owners are allowed to even look at that section.