Thread: Yorkdale Dufferin Mazda: Horrible service

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Yorkdale Dufferin Mazda: Horrible service

The story goes like this, I bought a used 2007 Mazda 3 Sport GS (Hatchback) with Pearl White colour from this dealership approximately a year ago, this car was only 3 and a half year old. Like half the mazda 3s, I have started noticing some rust on the rear well area, the driver side is more noticeable but the passenger side is also starting rust. Knowing that I have 5 year rust warranty on the car and that I have about 6 months left, I went back to Yorkdale Dufferin Mazda to try to get it fixed under warranty. They said they needed some pictures so I drove in about a week ago specifically for them to take pictures on the rear well areas. The service manger there (Adil) said that they will try to get mazda to look at it but also said it is not covered under warranty as you need the rust to be so bad that you have to see holes in them. Now he goes on and tell me that he notices some scratches on my rear bumper (area close to driver side rear fender) and I probably got the rust from an accident or something. Now, I bought this car there and has never hit the car in that area, he then tells me it's been touched up.. well that explains what they did before they sold me the car. Either way, I accepted it cause he was going to help me take pictures and file it to Mazda Canada anyways.

However, someone from the service department calls me yesterday and said they needed more pictures and asked if I was ok to come in Today. Thinking that there is now some hope, I drove in half an hour earlier than my appointment (around 4PM today), right after work. I go in and first, they didn't even know I had and appointment with them. Second, the guy they suspect made the appointment with me for today didn't show up to work. Third, the service manager tells me the same story again.

Anyways, they decided they will have someone else take the pictures. They said they couldn't see the rust, I go into their shop as instructed by them to show them where the rust is, one of the mechanic that works there, forgot his name, says I can't see it, so it's impossible to take the picture. Now, this really pisses me off, I told them to just touch it and it's all bubbling from the inside of the rear well as well as the point where the rear fender and rear bumper meet. They took what 1 or 2 pictures before telling me I have to get out of the shop area cause of insurance policies (that part I understand). But heck, why tell me to come in in the first place if they don't even want to take pictures? What a waste of my time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Yorkdale Dufferin Mazda: Horrible service

Yorkdale mazda ain't good when it comes to servicing your car, even though I live 5mins away from them. I take my car all the way to QEW Mazda for pretty much everything.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think it was the service managers fault. My moms 2006 Mazda MPV with 37 000kms on it was rusting behind and underneath all 4 doors. Went to yorkdale to get it fixed before the rust warranty ran out in september. Adil told me the same thing and said he would take the pictures and send them to mazda canada but that he couldnt guarantee it since its essentially up to mazda canada and not him. They took the pictures and sent them in, called to tell me they needed my moms van back to take more clearer pictures (which was fine). They took more pictures and sent them and Mazda honored the warranty and i got it fixed at yorkdales bodyshop. Adil was very professional about it all and explained the process in detail. I've never had a problem with the service there since he took over in july. Dont know what to say about the guy making your appointment though.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well apparently the guy that call me had some emergency to take Care of, at least they took Care of the the pictures. Adil was just doing his job I guess, I heard he is good from a friend of mine and so I went there. I was just not impressed with the attitude of the young mechanic

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact the person that made an appointment with me called me back today an apologized. He also said he would follow up on the rust problem. Maybe the title of this thread should be changed as I don't want to bad mouth the one department for the attitude of one mechanic

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have went to a different Mazda Dealership; Maybe Avante Mazda.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hopefully the mods could change the thread title because of miscommunication. I go to either avante or yorkdale. only reason i went to yorkdale is like the OP was recommened to go there by a close friend of mine.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a positive experience at Yorkdale Dufferin Mazda today. After receiving an e-mail reminder that my 8,000 km service was due, I went in for service. they were nice. i also asked for a tire rotation. they ended up telling me that my tires dont have enough wear on them for it to need a tire rotation, so they didnt do it. all was well

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm is that them being nice or just lazy?

Ride
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call John (booter22) at Budds' Mazda (formerly known as QEW Mazda). He'll take care of you with this rust thing. When mine rusted, it was just bubbling and John had it done within a week... and put me in a loaner car meanwhile.

905-827-4242 and ask for John Boot.

The Toys:
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6MT - Tungsten Silver
    Honda S2000 (AP2) - Rio Yellow
    Toyota Camry AllTrac 4WD - Silver Metallic
    Daily: Lexus LS 430 Ultra Luxury - Brilliant Black